PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.9

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Process took about a month and a half. Applied online. Went to an info session which actually turned into a panel interview. 2 weeks later had a final interview, 2 days later had a ride along and drug test. As long as you can keep your composure during the panel interview you should be fine. It was a fairly easy situation based interview. Tell me about a time....

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make and what you did   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Applied online and received email to set up prescreen phone interview. Not an interview at all just asked about 4-5 questions to make sure that you can accept the pay, hours, duties of the job. Set up panel interview about a week later. Seemed to be two sales reps not sure either were managers. Lasted about 15mins and they sort of acted like it should of gone quicker than even that. Asked me to tell them about my job exp and they didnt ask any follow ups to that just 2 situational based questions that were kind of vague. Not sure how I would recommend prepping for interview other than make sure your know STAR format but in the end I got the idea that they really didnt care and werent all that interested in getting to know me. Pretty much was like talking to a wall and I assume they had been doing this all day long. But I guess they dont have to search to hard for talent. Got general turn down email next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to get buy in from a customer for a sale   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions
    Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   View Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Not personable at all. Reads off a sheet of paper and stares at you. Questions were straight forward and mostly behavioral. Allowed you to ask questions at the end.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Took nearly three week to get a confirmation e mail that I made it though the on line process that a lot of big companies use. Calls to HR were not returned. Small group of canidates. Company rep repeated how many hours the job required more than once. Brief mention of company benefits. No pension is offered. Took an hour and a half to process five people though a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • Use previous job experience to describe how plan and organize/   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Questions
    • How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Phone screening

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question