PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toledo, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Questions

• How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Interview

Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online via search engine. Had phone interview then in person interview. Had to do a multiple choice personality test then a ride along with an existing rep then a physical test. Overall quite straightforward, no surprises throughout. This position is in South-Central Alberta so they needed to hire asap but were also apprehensive about reps quitting shortly after signing up, so they chose to make everything about the job as transparent as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received email to set up prescreen phone interview. Not an interview at all just asked about 4-5 questions to make sure that you can accept the pay, hours, duties of the job. Set up panel interview about a week later. Seemed to be two sales reps not sure either were managers. Lasted about 15mins and they sort of acted like it should of gone quicker than even that. Asked me to tell them about my job exp and they didnt ask any follow ups to that just 2 situational based questions that were kind of vague. Not sure how I would recommend prepping for interview other than make sure your know STAR format but in the end I got the idea that they really didnt care and werent all that interested in getting to know me. Pretty much was like talking to a wall and I assume they had been doing this all day long. But I guess they dont have to search to hard for talent. Got general turn down email next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to get buy in from a customer for a sale   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Interview

Applied on website, took a week to get a response. Scheduled interview, came in, no problem. Did a ride along at some point prior to the next interview to make sure I understood the job. Had 2nd interview at Va Beach corp. office. Computer test, company history, sizing for shirts and shorts, scheduled drug test. Took another 2 week,s Then sent to Maryland for training for 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill you have that will help you with this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is what it is . No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Midland, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our company?   1 Answer
    • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   1 Answer