PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question
No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2008.

long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Questions
    • How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

I was hired at a job fair during university to work for the summer. After graduation I asked to come back on a full time basis and was hired on immediately.

Interview Questions
    Pay/benefits are rigid and non-negotiable.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Applied on website, took a week to get a response. Scheduled interview, came in, no problem. Did a ride along at some point prior to the next interview to make sure I understood the job. Had 2nd interview at Va Beach corp. office. Computer test, company history, sizing for shirts and shorts, scheduled drug test. Took another 2 week,s Then sent to Maryland for training for 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important skill you have that will help you with this position?   View Answer
    It is what it is . No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2011.

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join our company?   View Answer
    • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2009.

Applied online. Got call a month later for an interview with HR that took a half hour involving a small sales role play. Did a ride along with another RSR a week later. Another week later had an interview with two District Sales Leaders which was laid back. Hired a month later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just get ready to do a sales role play where you are selling a product to a manager.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I knew what I would be getting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Took nearly three week to get a confirmation e mail that I made it though the on line process that a lot of big companies use. Calls to HR were not returned. Small group of canidates. Company rep repeated how many hours the job required more than once. Brief mention of company benefits. No pension is offered. Took an hour and a half to process five people though a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • Use previous job experience to describe how plan and organize/   View Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!