PepsiCo

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.9

Phone screening

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied via phone screening; one phone interview and one face to face interview each lasting no more than 10 minutes each. This was prior to new hiring process, currently you will not even be considered for an interview unless you have a college degree. If location is in a bind for RSR's, they will forgo this requirement and take what they can get. As a result, you have some RSR's that are over qualified for a route position working alongside people who have no aptitude for route sales.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem working holidays?
      Do you think you can do the job?

View Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

I was hired at a job fair during university to work for the summer. After graduation I asked to come back on a full time basis and was hired on immediately.

Interview Questions
    Pay/benefits are rigid and non-negotiable.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Applied on website, took a week to get a response. Scheduled interview, came in, no problem. Did a ride along at some point prior to the next interview to make sure I understood the job. Had 2nd interview at Va Beach corp. office. Computer test, company history, sizing for shirts and shorts, scheduled drug test. Took another 2 week,s Then sent to Maryland for training for 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important skill you have that will help you with this position?   View Answer
    It is what it is . No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in March 2011.

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join our company?   View Answer
    • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   View Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions
    Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Applied online and received email to set up prescreen phone interview. Not an interview at all just asked about 4-5 questions to make sure that you can accept the pay, hours, duties of the job. Set up panel interview about a week later. Seemed to be two sales reps not sure either were managers. Lasted about 15mins and they sort of acted like it should of gone quicker than even that. Asked me to tell them about my job exp and they didnt ask any follow ups to that just 2 situational based questions that were kind of vague. Not sure how I would recommend prepping for interview other than make sure your know STAR format but in the end I got the idea that they really didnt care and werent all that interested in getting to know me. Pretty much was like talking to a wall and I assume they had been doing this all day long. But I guess they dont have to search to hard for talent. Got general turn down email next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to get buy in from a customer for a sale   Answer Question