PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screening

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied via phone screening; one phone interview and one face to face interview each lasting no more than 10 minutes each. This was prior to new hiring process, currently you will not even be considered for an interview unless you have a college degree. If location is in a bind for RSR's, they will forgo this requirement and take what they can get. As a result, you have some RSR's that are over qualified for a route position working alongside people who have no aptitude for route sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working holidays? Do you think you can do the job?   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Mesquite, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard interview with canned questions. Ask multiple times for examples of situations and sales experiences that pertain to the position applied for followed by role play and follow up phone call. Professional dress. A little advice, if bringing a beverage make sure it is a Pepsi product

Interview Questions

• Was asked to role play a sales scenario as sales person to store manager.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interview process was two days. Had to go to a 3-part interview with 4 different people all altogether. This is a sales position so be prepared to provide a sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month and a half. Applied online. Went to an info session which actually turned into a panel interview. 2 weeks later had a final interview, 2 days later had a ride along and drug test. As long as you can keep your composure during the panel interview you should be fine. It was a fairly easy situation based interview. Tell me about a time....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make and what you did   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Not personable at all. Reads off a sheet of paper and stares at you. Questions were straight forward and mostly behavioral. Allowed you to ask questions at the end.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online via search engine. Had phone interview then in person interview. Had to do a multiple choice personality test then a ride along with an existing rep then a physical test. Overall quite straightforward, no surprises throughout. This position is in South-Central Alberta so they needed to hire asap but were also apprehensive about reps quitting shortly after signing up, so they chose to make everything about the job as transparent as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR