PepsiCo

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details – Phone screening

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Interview Question – Why this company?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Applied via phone screening; one phone interview and one face to face interview each lasting no more than 10 minutes each. This was prior to new hiring process, currently you will not even be considered for an interview unless you have a college degree. If location is in a bind for RSR's, they will forgo this requirement and take what they can get. As a result, you have some RSR's that are over qualified for a route position working alongside people who have no aptitude for route sales.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working holidays?
Do you think you can do the job?
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Interview Question – None. Why Frito Lay?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired at a job fair during university to work for the summer. After graduation I asked to come back on a full time basis and was hired on immediately.

Interview Question – Talk about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay/benefits are rigid and non-negotiable.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Took nearly three week to get a confirmation e mail that I made it though the on line process that a lot of big companies use. Calls to HR were not returned. Small group of canidates. Company rep repeated how many hours the job required more than once. Brief mention of company benefits. No pension is offered. Took an hour and a half to process five people though a brief interview.

Interview Question – Use previous job experience to describe how plan and organize/   View Answer

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our company?   View Answer
  • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   View Answer

Midland, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Question – Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got call a month later for an interview with HR that took a half hour involving a small sales role play. Did a ride along with another RSR a week later. Another week later had an interview with two District Sales Leaders which was laid back. Hired a month later.

Interview Question – All questions were standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just get ready to do a sales role play where you are selling a product to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I knew what I would be getting.

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on website, took a week to get a response. Scheduled interview, came in, no problem. Did a ride along at some point prior to the next interview to make sure I understood the job. Had 2nd interview at Va Beach corp. office. Computer test, company history, sizing for shirts and shorts, scheduled drug test. Took another 2 week,s Then sent to Maryland for training for 1 week.

Interview Question – What is the most important skill you have that will help you with this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is what it is . No negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo Route Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.