PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Mesquite, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard interview with canned questions. Ask multiple times for examples of situations and sales experiences that pertain to the position applied for followed by role play and follow up phone call. Professional dress. A little advice, if bringing a beverage make sure it is a Pepsi product

Interview Questions

• Was asked to role play a sales scenario as sales person to store manager.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interview process was two days. Had to go to a 3-part interview with 4 different people all altogether. This is a sales position so be prepared to provide a sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month and a half. Applied online. Went to an info session which actually turned into a panel interview. 2 weeks later had a final interview, 2 days later had a ride along and drug test. As long as you can keep your composure during the panel interview you should be fine. It was a fairly easy situation based interview. Tell me about a time....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make and what you did   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received email to set up prescreen phone interview. Not an interview at all just asked about 4-5 questions to make sure that you can accept the pay, hours, duties of the job. Set up panel interview about a week later. Seemed to be two sales reps not sure either were managers. Lasted about 15mins and they sort of acted like it should of gone quicker than even that. Asked me to tell them about my job exp and they didnt ask any follow ups to that just 2 situational based questions that were kind of vague. Not sure how I would recommend prepping for interview other than make sure your know STAR format but in the end I got the idea that they really didnt care and werent all that interested in getting to know me. Pretty much was like talking to a wall and I assume they had been doing this all day long. But I guess they dont have to search to hard for talent. Got general turn down email next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to get buy in from a customer for a sale   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online via search engine. Had phone interview then in person interview. Had to do a multiple choice personality test then a ride along with an existing rep then a physical test. Overall quite straightforward, no surprises throughout. This position is in South-Central Alberta so they needed to hire asap but were also apprehensive about reps quitting shortly after signing up, so they chose to make everything about the job as transparent as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Not personable at all. Reads off a sheet of paper and stares at you. Questions were straight forward and mostly behavioral. Allowed you to ask questions at the end.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Miami, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Got call a month later for an interview with HR that took a half hour involving a small sales role play. Did a ride along with another RSR a week later. Another week later had an interview with two District Sales Leaders which was laid back. Hired a month later.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just get ready to do a sales role play where you are selling a product to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew what I would be getting.