PepsiCo Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screening

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied via phone screening; one phone interview and one face to face interview each lasting no more than 10 minutes each. This was prior to new hiring process, currently you will not even be considered for an interview unless you have a college degree. If location is in a bind for RSR's, they will forgo this requirement and take what they can get. As a result, you have some RSR's that are over qualified for a route position working alongside people who have no aptitude for route sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working holidays? Do you think you can do the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Mesquite, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard interview with canned questions. Ask multiple times for examples of situations and sales experiences that pertain to the position applied for followed by role play and follow up phone call. Professional dress. A little advice, if bringing a beverage make sure it is a Pepsi product

Interview Questions

• Was asked to role play a sales scenario as sales person to store manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Midland, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is an RSR for Frito, so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I met 1 on 1 with the D.M(Tuesday), Had some very basic, generic questions, this took about 30 minutes. He had me fill out a Background check authorization and an authorization to go on a route ride which was scheduled for 2 days later. I went back for the route ride(Thursday) which lasted from 4A.M to 3p.m. The D.M then asked me if was still interested and said that he would run the background check and call me for a final structured interview. Got a phone call the following Monday to come in for a final interview. Went for the final interview(Wednesday) with the D.M and the H.R manager. 5 questions, each was 3 parts regarding my past experiences and how I handled situations, not rocket science. I was then told for the third time that they were going to run my background check and my MVR and call me when they had a final decision. After I heard nothing, I called the next Wednesday and spoke to the D.M and he informed me that I did not pass the MVR check. I asked what they found and he said that because of 3 seatbelt tickets(yeah, thats right, SEATBELT TICKETS, that I had in the last 3 years, they could not hire me. So,after all of this B.S that they made me go through, I ended up not even being eligible to be hired. Would'nt have had this problem if they had just ran the MVR after the first interview like they said they would do! The moral of this story is that this company is extremely strict regarding your driving record, not just about moving violations, but also stop sign, seatbelt tickets or any other nonsense that nobody else cares about. Also, this is the longest, most inefficient interview process I have ever been a part of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your first choice for solving a problem was unsuccessful and you had to come up with a backup plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Miami, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Got call a month later for an interview with HR that took a half hour involving a small sales role play. Did a ride along with another RSR a week later. Another week later had an interview with two District Sales Leaders which was laid back. Hired a month later.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just get ready to do a sales role play where you are selling a product to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew what I would be getting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toledo, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

Negotiation

none

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online via search engine. Had phone interview then in person interview. Had to do a multiple choice personality test then a ride along with an existing rep then a physical test. Overall quite straightforward, no surprises throughout. This position is in South-Central Alberta so they needed to hire asap but were also apprehensive about reps quitting shortly after signing up, so they chose to make everything about the job as transparent as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was behavioral type questions which were somewhat vague. It was an interview with two people. When I asked questions to them at the end they were pretty vague there also. They are looking for someone who is customer service driven because they state that this job can be taught but if you don't have the passion to serve your customer then you are applying for the wrong job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our company?   1 Answer
    • Explain to me a difficult time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

I was hired at a job fair during university to work for the summer. After graduation I asked to come back on a full time basis and was hired on immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay/benefits are rigid and non-negotiable.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Interview

Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.