PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2013.

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Must apply online, Normally you will go through a phone screen, a first interview comprising of 2-3 managers, and a final interview. Then you will need to wait for background screening. 3-6 week process.

Interview Questions
    • Understand a customers real needs and recommending a solution.   Answer Question
    You take it or dont.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied online and got an email to complete an online assessment the very next day. A week after completing the assessment I was scheduled for a phone interview which then led to a face to face interview a couple weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. The whole interview lasted about 30 min. I was then contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a manager who was a "total jerk"?   Answer Question
    I was told it was a standard salary that was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screening. Then in person interview

none.

Sales Representative Interview

Phone interview, then interview with TSM

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interviewed on college campus during career fair, after that, if they liked you they sent you to Pittsburgh for a 2-day interviewing process. A lot of socializing the first night and a panel. Second day you are basically in a group of 6-8 people the whole time doing case studies. You also do individual interviews during the second day. It's all about leadership and they are looking for something very specific.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any "difficult" or "unexpected" questions. Possibly the sales scenario was the most difficult. Literally act as if you are selling someone something, not at an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

ok after the first part of a referral I applied online as told within 24 hours of post date then I had to complete a 30 min questionnaire about 4 months later I get a call from a recruiter asking if im still interested in a position with frito lay route sales as applied for which at the time had only 1 position in my area so I gladly accepted and was shocked cause I had forgotten about all of it since I was still employed at my present job. So the process began I remember 3 interviews, orientation, background check, hair drug test, personal reference check felt like you applied for the FBI but it took 2 months due to something in my background before I finalized and qualified for a position with frito lay as an RSA/ RSR after that had a week training bout 2 hours away from home paid hotel, completed all forms, passed all test and certifications then on field training 6 months..

Interview Questions
    • question intel of making decision and having a plan, looking for how respond to stressful situation, what plans you make to over come situation and how you correct problem situations sales is key to interview cause that's what there hiring you for so brag on sales experience... question like what did you do when...cant remember right now sorry   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Met with Pepsico through campus recruiting. Then I had an on campus interview. Then they flew me out for a final round interview with Senior Leaders of the company. For the final round interview, they had me prepare for four different interviews. One was a classic interview i.e. "Why are you the best candidate for the job?". Another one was a sales scenario where I had to role play. Another one was a case study that demonstrated how I handle multiple problems at once. The last one was where they projected my resume onto a screen and told me to sell myself in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They throw curve balls in the case study. i.e "So you have three places to be tomorrow. You can't go to all of these places because they are too far from each other. Who do you tell that you can't serve and why?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   View Answer

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!