PepsiCo

PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question
No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

interview was thorough, was asked alot of situational questions (what if, why would you, if you were in this situation, etc). interview consisted of 1 on 1 face to face, was given the chance to do a role play to sell in an incremental pepsi cooler to a store manager. overall great

Interview Questions
    • why are you interested in this position that you are applying for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2013.

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

I contacted a recruiter and was given a first interview. It was a short interview of about 5 behavioral based questions. I was offered a second interview on the spot. The second interview was with two different individuals. Each had about 6 behavioral based questions. Then I was asked to sell a product as my third interview. We didn't have long to prepare for that.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the sales criterion. You have to be prepared to sell something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2014.

I got the interview through my university, campus recruiting. I requested the interview, received it. They came on campus and all of the other interviewees and I were given a presentation by two individuals. One person from HR about all of Pepsi, and one person who had previously held the position. The interview was 1 on 1 and lasted about 20 minutes. Average difficulty. Went over resume then asked typical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

I applied online and only got a call a month later. We arranged an interview about a week later. I felt at ease while being interviewed, but the questions were all alike. It was hard not to repeat yourself over again. It was a one on one interview. They told me I would hear from them within the next week even if I didn't get the job and its been a month and still nothing.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell your product to a customer so he refers it to other business contacts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied online and got an email to complete an online assessment the very next day. A week after completing the assessment I was scheduled for a phone interview which then led to a face to face interview a couple weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. The whole interview lasted about 30 min. I was then contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a manager who was a "total jerk"?   Answer Question
    I was told it was a standard salary that was not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online. Attended a career fair at my school and spoke with the PepsiCo recruiters there. They were impressed by my resume and contacted me the same day. I did a phone interview. In person interview with a zone manager and DSL. Then a ride along (at 3:30am) with a RSR. My final interview is tomorrow which I was told would last from 8am-2pm!!!! They paid for my travel and hotel stay! :) Wish me luck