PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question
No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

interview was thorough, was asked alot of situational questions (what if, why would you, if you were in this situation, etc). interview consisted of 1 on 1 face to face, was given the chance to do a role play to sell in an incremental pepsi cooler to a store manager. overall great

Interview Questions
    • why are you interested in this position that you are applying for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2013.

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied online and got an email to complete an online assessment the very next day. A week after completing the assessment I was scheduled for a phone interview which then led to a face to face interview a couple weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. The whole interview lasted about 30 min. I was then contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a manager who was a "total jerk"?   Answer Question
    I was told it was a standard salary that was not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in December 2011.

After submitting my resume online I was contacted by email to self-schedule a phone 'interview'...it was NOT an interview...it was an approx. 5 minute Q&A session asking if applicant could: a. lift b. accept X salary c. work in all kinds of weather d. work long hours. There was zero discussion of work history or abilities. I next received a follow-up email asking me to self-schedule a face-to-face interview...this interview was conducted by two HRmen and consisted of very, very basic interview questions and a mock sales rep/customer role-play scenario in which I was asked to play the part of a sales rep. So far so good. Communication following this interview was completely unprofessional and basically non-existent. Six months later the same position became available and I reapplied...i was contacted the exact same way, explained i had interviewed for same position six months prior and ended up with another face-to-face interview...with the same HRmen...who remembered me and seemed completely surprised I was there. The 'interview' was an uncomfortable 15-20minutes long. It was painfully obvious national HR and local HR have very poor communication and even poorer record keeping. Even though I was assured that I was a top candidate and they just hadn't been able to 'get to me' I felt humiliated. At the close of this second interview I pointedly asked if the position I applied for was open and I was told they were collecting a pool for future opportunities. Honesty would have been greatly appreciated and I would have respected them for that...this was not what I was expecting from a company like Pepsi.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

I submitted my application and resume online. I was called shortly after and had a phone interview, then a 2:1 interview with the general manager and another manager in the office. They called me back a few weeks later and offered me the position pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Very situation. If this happened what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2010.

group interview= followed by a sales pitch scenario. A booklet is given and you have 30 min to review and sell in a display to a store manager. IE- Large Grocery Store. Holiday display or just a seasonal display.

Interview Questions
    • Traditional interview process- this clincher is the sales pitch you have to present to a group of people. The key is to do exactly what the booklet ask you to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2012.

I had been looking online for jobs and seen that there was going to be a job fair for some major companies in my area. I attended the Job Fair and met with a lady from Frito Lay. she looked over my resume and mentioned that because I did not have route experience that they were looking for. She was very nice and Professional.

Interview Questions
    • have you had any route sales in the past   View Answer

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!