PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions

• Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

interview was thorough, was asked alot of situational questions (what if, why would you, if you were in this situation, etc). interview consisted of 1 on 1 face to face, was given the chance to do a role play to sell in an incremental pepsi cooler to a store manager. overall great

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position that you are applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Minimum of 2-3 interviews. Management as well as interviewers are well versed in their position and who they are looking for. Questioning format is based on situations and outcomes to handle. Meetings were held on the phone, then in person. The in person was handled professionally and in an office.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a difficult customer to handle. How did you handle that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Riverside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

On Campus Interview, then selected as part of a group to go down for second rounds of interviews in Riverside. Dinner was held the night before the day of interviews with all candidates, HR reps, and "graduates" of the trainee program. Very positive experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly. Very casual. Interviewer took time to listen to answers and ask secondary questions off my answers. I never felt nervous about my answers and I never felt like the interviewer was trying to trip me up. I felt the interview process was very fair and allowed me to sell myself past what was already on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to this job that would make companies want to work with PepsiCo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I interviewed at PepsiCo (Evansville, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter and was given a first interview. It was a short interview of about 5 behavioral based questions. I was offered a second interview on the spot. The second interview was with two different individuals. Each had about 6 behavioral based questions. Then I was asked to sell a product as my third interview. We didn't have long to prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the sales criterion. You have to be prepared to sell something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions

• How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through my university, campus recruiting. I requested the interview, received it. They came on campus and all of the other interviewees and I were given a presentation by two individuals. One person from HR about all of Pepsi, and one person who had previously held the position. The interview was 1 on 1 and lasted about 20 minutes. Average difficulty. Went over resume then asked typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and only got a call a month later. We arranged an interview about a week later. I felt at ease while being interviewed, but the questions were all alike. It was hard not to repeat yourself over again. It was a one on one interview. They told me I would hear from them within the next week even if I didn't get the job and its been a month and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell your product to a customer so he refers it to other business contacts?   Answer Question