PepsiCo

PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Met with Pepsico through campus recruiting. Then I had an on campus interview. Then they flew me out for a final round interview with Senior Leaders of the company. For the final round interview, they had me prepare for four different interviews. One was a classic interview i.e. "Why are you the best candidate for the job?". Another one was a sales scenario where I had to role play. Another one was a case study that demonstrated how I handle multiple problems at once. The last one was where they projected my resume onto a screen and told me to sell myself in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • They throw curve balls in the case study. i.e "So you have three places to be tomorrow. You can't go to all of these places because they are too far from each other. Who do you tell that you can't serve and why?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2013.

Phone interview, in person interview, then location interview based on where I wanted to be located for the position. Was flown to my territory for the final interview and then given a tour of the location.

Sales Representative Interview

online assessment and in person interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

They came to my school (TAMU) for an information session. I signed up for an interview on the spot and they scheduled it for the next day. The questions weren't hard at all. Basic behavioral questions like: Tell me about a time you had to persuade a team, lead a team. What are your strengths? They also asked for a location preference.

The location was in a rural town. Be prepared to work in towns you have never heard of.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

first interview basic screening, but it gets more informative as you move through the process. It is very standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

ok after the first part of a referral I applied online as told within 24 hours of post date then I had to complete a 30 min questionnaire about 4 months later I get a call from a recruiter asking if im still interested in a position with frito lay route sales as applied for which at the time had only 1 position in my area so I gladly accepted and was shocked cause I had forgotten about all of it since I was still employed at my present job. So the process began I remember 3 interviews, orientation, background check, hair drug test, personal reference check felt like you applied for the FBI but it took 2 months due to something in my background before I finalized and qualified for a position with frito lay as an RSA/ RSR after that had a week training bout 2 hours away from home paid hotel, completed all forms, passed all test and certifications then on field training 6 months..

Interview Questions
    • question intel of making decision and having a plan, looking for how respond to stressful situation, what plans you make to over come situation and how you correct problem situations sales is key to interview cause that's what there hiring you for so brag on sales experience... question like what did you do when...cant remember right now sorry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2012.

Apply online. If willing to relocate, the key is to apply in a relatively less competitive region, employment wise. Or apply in a region where with strong growth.
    1. Apply online
    2. Self schedule a telephonic interview time at the end of the online application in the near future.
    3. THe basic phone interview is very simple, basically just a screener. Be practical, give relevant examples, be positive. show that you can work independently and meed tight deadlines and are good under pressure (because this is a very high pressure job)
    4. Give them as much relevant experience/customer service/sales experiece as possible. even if you do not have relative industry experience, focus on previously acquired experience that is transferrable to the job (basically customer service and strong sales experience).

Be positive, the interview is really not that difficult. In case I did not mention the progression yet, it is... 1. online application, 2. telephonic interview 3. Face to Face intervie 4. Physical test 5. Drug test, 6. Background Check and then hopefully the final employment offer with a joining date. Good Luck guys and be positive.

Just 1 word of advice base on personal experience, if applying for sales rep position, apply for small for and avoid large format because it is basically the same pay but large format involves excessive back-breaking merchandising every single day

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficuly questions but they might give you a simulation i.e. give you a new product and ask you to sell it to a store manager.   View Answer
    Not too much room to negotiale since I was told to hourly rate at the start of the application process, however do your homework and find out if your area offers any sign-on bonus or any other forms of incentives. Try to make sure that you are getting paid for overtime since there will be hige overtime and this will make a huge impact on your paycheck

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2012.

I had been looking online for jobs and seen that there was going to be a job fair for some major companies in my area. I attended the Job Fair and met with a lady from Frito Lay. she looked over my resume and mentioned that because I did not have route experience that they were looking for. She was very nice and Professional.

Interview Questions
    • have you had any route sales in the past   View Answer