PepsiCo

Updated Nov 10, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Met at college recruitment. Had 3 interviews. Very straight forward questions.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2008.

Overall, the interview process was relatively easy. After the employee recommendation, I got a call their HR person who asked general questions mostly regarding the fit. Afterwords, it took one month to proceed with the actual interview. The district manager called me to invite for the interview. Interview itself was rather general and relatively friendly.
    Got a call after two weeks that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If your customer is angry about the service, how would you solve the conflict?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

I applied online and only got a call a month later. We arranged an interview about a week later. I felt at ease while being interviewed, but the questions were all alike. It was hard not to repeat yourself over again. It was a one on one interview. They told me I would hear from them within the next week even if I didn't get the job and its been a month and still nothing.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell your product to a customer so he refers it to other business contacts?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Met at university Campus recruitment and sent resume and cover letter to HR personnel and Sales Manager directly. I did not apply online. Had a phone interview within a week, a in person interview the next day and a route ride shadow the next day. The whole interview progress was fairly quick, but took a very long time to get a response/update about things (~2 months).

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty easy..
      One was what would you do if you messed up an order and the customer is very upset. For example you placed too much inventory.

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

They asked us to describe a situation and do a sales role playing about placing a cooler in the deli of a grocery store. The interview was somewhat easy they asked us to speak french even though my interviewer couldn't speak french. I was asked what my favorite pepsico product is aswell so make sure you know your pepsi products.

Interview Questions
    • Know your grocery stores in the area and grocery rules.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

I submitted my application and resume online. I was called shortly after and had a phone interview, then a 2:1 interview with the general manager and another manager in the office. They called me back a few weeks later and offered me the position pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Very situation. If this happened what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in June 2011.

It went well need more pay

I need to make at least 55000 a year

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2011.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Recieve email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job describtion, pay and your willingless to work like a slave 24/7 for a few bucks an hr. Yes! Ok. 1:1 with hiring manager at branch. Manager was great person, very personable.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work at Pepsico.   View Answer
    • Give me an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead on a project.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example about a time you learn a new skill on the job and how did you applied it.   Answer Question

I have over seven successful years’ sales and management experience in the food and beverage industry (All DSD Sales) and they offer me the same as entry level pay non-negotiable. They stress the fact early on about working 10-12hr days and weekends for about $45,000 a year. Expect to open new accounts, up sell existing accounts, merchandise accounts and if delivery was not made, load your car with goods and deliver it.

I decline offer because they took a few weeks to contact me (thank my lucky stars) and I accepted another offer with better pay and work/life balance. Another, is this company is a multibillion dollar company with small company pay and problems. The company is top heavy. You can see the salaries of the pencil pushers close to or at six figures. While the frontline revenue generators are overwork and underpaid with $40,000 salaries. Is one of the few companies that I have heard paying a salesman a salary with no commissions. They do this to save a few dollars while stressing you to sell until you break and they hired the other high hopes, ambition, and upbeat salesperson. It’s a sales rep assembly line at PepsiCo. Look at all the job postings, 90% is Sales Rep.

My recommendation is if you are unemployed or think making about $45,000 a year is allot of money, then go for it. But I recommend you look at the pencil pushers salaries in this site and think to yourself if its alot of money while you worked generating their salaries 55+ hours a week and weekends while they look down on you, bust no sweat in air condition offices, and enjoy their 9-5 work schedule with weekends and holidays off. Not for me, I have been in this game for too long. Do the math. $45,000/2640 yearly hours (55+ hrs weeks) is $17 bucks an hr. The sad part about this is Sales Reps supposed to be a professional, entrepreneurial, high pressured and result oriented position. My profession (Sales) has been bastardized and oversimplify to the point that you are as highly regarded and paid as much as the warehouse truck loader in this industry. Sad. Time will tell if this is the correct approach. Short term gain yes, long term I am not too sure about.
    Good luck. There are leaner and smaller companies with great personnel and excellent work/life balance that pays about the same or more if you break down the hrs worked.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Behavioral Questions. Nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in June 2010.

group interview= followed by a sales pitch scenario. A booklet is given and you have 30 min to review and sell in a display to a store manager. IE- Large Grocery Store. Holiday display or just a seasonal display.

Interview Questions
    • Traditional interview process- this clincher is the sales pitch you have to present to a group of people. The key is to do exactly what the booklet ask you to do.   Answer Question