PepsiCo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Supply Chain Resource
Irving, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university career office. Had an on campus interview which was a typical behavioral interview and took about 45 minutes. A few days later I was invited to travel to Fort Worth for final round interviews at a plant.

At the plan I had two interviews, each with two managers/directors. Both were behavioral interviews again, but this time there was a much bigger focus on leadership, managing people, and achieving results. In this job you are in charge of people and a section of the plant so those attributes are important.

We also got a tour of the plant by one of the people who had this job. Looking at what he was doing and the plant overall, I realized that was not something I wanted to do with an engineering degree.

Interview Question – Do not remember the exact wording, but there was a questions about giving an example of a situation when you as a leader made a mistake that negatively affected others working around you or under you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Working in a plant, especially a snacks plant is a very unique experience. You have to be willing to get your hands dirty and run around a lot. I did not find myself doing that neither did I see any room for growth in this field. But everything else about the offer was great.

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Supply Chain Resource
York, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with an employee at a campus career fair and got an email the next day to have an on campus interview. The interview was very relaxed and not intimidating. It was more of a conversation and most of the questions were resume and behavioral. I got an email a few days after inviting me to the regional interview day in York, Pa. The event was fun and we got to tour the plant and meet more people at a dinner event. There were a series of two interviews which were also behavioral and resume based. Fun group of people but you have to make sure you are suited for a manufacturing type job and are prepared to spend time inside the plant.

Interview Question – As an engineering major, why would you prefer to have a leadership type job at Frito Lay as opposed to a more "engineering" job?   Answer Question

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!