Per Mar Security Services

Updated Sep 12, 2014

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Per Mar Security Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

interviewed at Per Mar Security Services in August 2014.

The person who interviewed me was extremely nice. Although I had never been a security guard before, she was impressed with my qualifications and could clearly see the benefit that hiring me could potentially provide the company. She gave me an accurate depiction of the hours that I would be working and mentioned that overtime was usually available. She explained that I had to wait to be relieved when I was at a site.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what qualities does a good security officer possess?   View Answer

Physical Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Per Mar Security Services.

They called me in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I wanted to be a security officer.   View Answer

Physical Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Per Mar Security Services in December 2012.

Very thorough and in-depth interview. Managers were very cordial, friendly and actually took
    an interest in the interviewee. Were open to all comments and concerns. Profession but
    relaxed setting with valued and informative management personnel.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult, unexpected or trick questions were ever asked. Truly professional personnel.   Answer Question
    Transferred from another company and was extended the same pay rate and accumulated vacation time accrued.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Per Mar Security Services in July 2011.

The office seems well staffed on the outside. The interview was fairly straight forward. They asked security related questions as well as customer service based questions. The interview was fairly poor. The staff was dressed in business casual at best and seemed to think the job was more of a joke based on the overall demeanor of the office.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I would avoid this company if at all possible.

Misc Interview

The interview was about a 1/2 day with 4-5 interviewers at separate times. They asked very good questions but also told the Per Mar story well.

There was no flexibility in vacation time but everything else was smooth.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Per Mar Security Services in June 2012.

It was a joke getting hired on, they literally will take anyone off the street in order to fill positions that people keep leaving. I am a United States military police veteran and I felt descent about the job until I went into a training session with 4 other people, 1 of which was overweight and could barely stand, another who was actually collecting social security, and the other 2 I could pick up and throw with one arm.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question in the interview was....

When can you start?