Perceptive Sciences

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Perceptive Sciences in January 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to a friend after learning there may be an opening for a Research Scientiest. She turned it into the CEO who invited me in for an interview. I spoke with him about my resume and why I was interested in this position, which was different from my previous experience. Afterwards, two Research Scientists came in and asked me more direct questions about my experience.

Interview Question – I don't remember any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate, but I was told if I accepted my spouse's insurance I would be given a higher base pay.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Perceptive Sciences in January 2007.

Interview Details – My firend worked at the company when I inquired after it. She thought they might be hiring and asked me to forward my resume. She made small changes suggesting I use the word "controlled" a lot when I talked about my research study experience. Then she passed it along the right channels. A day and time was set up for me to come in to the office and talk to the C.E.O. My friend suggested I show up early and talk about how I want to make a career change since I had no previous market research or usability experience. The C.E.O. talked to me about the company, his vision, etc...and then passed me along to 2 other employees, 1 in research and 1 in sales. These questions were primarily canned, although, they were easy to talk to and very pleasant. Afterwards, I came back to meet someone in a senior level position. I thought this would be another interview, but I was asked very little about myself and was immediately handed off to a researcher who allowed me to view one of the projects. The whole process was very laid back, perhaps, in part because my friend was working there. Since I have started working there the process has become a little more structured.

Interview Question – I don't remember any of the questions asked of me. I wouldn't have been surprised if it revolved around the handling of a difficult client.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was given a few options as far as forgoing the benefits package for a higher salary compensation.

Worked for Perceptive Sciences? Contribute to the Community!