Perceptive Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Perceptive Software

Interview Details – It was very relaxed and informal. Two rounds with two different teams. It was more conversational as opposed to set standard of questions. Half of the interview process was to see how well you worked with everyone else on the team.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Consultant Internship Interview

Consultant Internship
Shawnee, KS

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perceptive Software in March 2014.

Interview Details – Upon being notified via email, about my opportunity to interview for the position, I was reached out to by a very nice and personable HR representative. Instructions for the interview were very clear. I needed to prepare a presentation about something for which I have a strong interest in or I'm very passionate about, which I felt like a nailed perfectly. I attempted to think outside the box and found that the panel truly enjoyed my presentation, they truly appreciated my approach to conveying my excitement for my chosen topic. After my presentation they asked me a handful of questions regarding past work experience and even touched on certain scenarios that may apply to the internship. I was then given the chance to ask questions of my own, which they happily responded to with deep and insightful remarks.

Perceptive Software's is currently in the process of having a new building built but I was given a full tour of the current location. I was surprised to find that they had such innovative technologies throughout the building, even including fun items such as slides and dodgeball courts! I will also note that they provided compensation for driving to their location, which is a breath of fresh air compared to other companies I've traveled to interview for. I look forward to seeing where this opportunity takes me.

Interview Question – How would you help someone figure out a problem with their computer? Consider the person to be helped as someone with no knowledge about computers.   View Answer

Manager - Professional Services Interview

Manager - Professional Services
Shawnee, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview Details – 6 week typical end to end process. No background check?

Interview Question – N/a. Mostly chat   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Counter offer got me another 2% and a signing bonus.

Interviewed at Perceptive Software

Interview Details – Without meeting, I was asked to take a programming assessment. The assessment was essentially to write a queue using linked lists in C++, Java or C#. I only interacted with an HR representative who provided me we pencil and paper... eventually someone realized it should be typed out - took about 35 minutes to write the whole thing in Notepad++ then left. Waited 2 weeks to get an email saying they would not proceed with me and that "this is in no way a reflection of your abilities but more a better career fit with other candidates".

Interview Question – Only the programming assessment, wasn't given the time of day for an interview or even phone interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview Details – Met Manager at job fair.

Set up phone interview (short 20-30 minutes)

In-person interview (1-2 hours)
Interviewed with only one person (Same person through all three stages)
Asked me to code up (in any language) something that will reverse the order of a string.

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Perceptive Software in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, never heard back

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Perceptive Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – On-site technical assessment.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. create your own Queue class and document class. You have to use word pad an the clock on the laptop I used was 20 minutes fast.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Perceptive Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email from HR and then setup a Skype interview panel style. The interview only lasted 30minites out of a hour and went very well. Was told next steps would come in 7-10days. I was surprised to get a offer 2days later.

Interview Question – There really wasnt any. They were all straight forward questions. I knew what they were looking for and having done this job for other companies its all about the same just different software.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I was looking for no need to counter-offer. There benefits are awesome. Unlimited PTO not stuck on 40hr work weeks, do your job and have fun.

Solution Development Engineer Interview

Solution Development Engineer
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perceptive Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through an online job board. I was contacted by an HR representative via email asking about salary expectations. After that I was invited on campus for an interview. Interview was in two parts.

The first part was a practical skills test (Basic scripting stuff, use a scripting language to perform various operations on a string, attempt to debug a chunk of code that isn't working using excerpts from an error log). The first part took about an hour.

The second part was an in person interview with the Team Lead from the team you'd be working with as well as a couple of project managers. Lots of basic interview questions: Favorite class? Least favorite class? Favorite thing about software engineering? Have you ever been in [insert unfortunate situation here], and how did you deal with it? This also lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – I can't remember the specifics of the practical test, because it has been awhile, but I think it was something along the lines of: "Cut the sub-string 'Mr.' our of the string "Mr. Jones".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Perceptive Software.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward interview process, if a little drawn out. Found out about the job through a head hunter, followed by a phone screen with the HR Recruiter, then a short phone interview the hiring manager, and ending with an in-person interview with a number of internal stakeholders.
Questions were very straight forward and interviewers were all nice. The entire process took nearly 2 months. I was disappointed that I didn't receive an offer, and asked the HR person for some feedback, but didn't receive a response.

Interview Question – Nothing too tricky or difficult if you come prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!