Perceptive Software Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

I applied in November and got an interview in March. It was a video interview with four employees. Interviews are an hour long and the managers go over behavioral and technical questions.

Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS).

Interview

6 week typical end to end process. No background check?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Counter offer got me another 2% and a signing bonus.

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

Upon being notified via email, about my opportunity to interview for the position, I was reached out to by a very nice and personable HR representative. Instructions for the interview were very clear. I needed to prepare a presentation about something for which I have a strong interest in or I'm very passionate about, which I felt like a nailed perfectly. I attempted to think outside the box and found that the panel truly enjoyed my presentation, they truly appreciated my approach to conveying my excitement for my chosen topic. After my presentation they asked me a handful of questions regarding past work experience and even touched on certain scenarios that may apply to the internship. I was then given the chance to ask questions of my own, which they happily responded to with deep and insightful remarks. Perceptive Software's is currently in the process of having a new building built but I was given a full tour of the current location. I was surprised to find that they had such innovative technologies throughout the building, even including fun items such as slides and dodgeball courts! I will also note that they provided compensation for driving to their location, which is a breath of fresh air compared to other companies I've traveled to interview for. I look forward to seeing where this opportunity takes me.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone figure out a problem with their computer? Consider the person to be helped as someone with no knowledge about computers.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Lenexa, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, several technical and get-to-know-you questions. Hour long Skype interview with several people after that, generic questions from all of them. Finally a sit-down interview at the office with two managers, rehash of technical questions & general questions.

Interview Questions

• A user has a problem accessing a certain webpage, how would you assist them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty minimal as there was a posted and accepted rate after the first phone interview.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through email from HR and then setup a Skype interview panel style. The interview only lasted 30minites out of a hour and went very well. Was told next steps would come in 7-10days. I was surprised to get a offer 2days later.

Interview Questions

• There really wasnt any. They were all straight forward questions. I knew what they were looking for and having done this job for other companies its all about the same just different software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I was looking for no need to counter-offer. There benefits are awesome. Unlimited PTO not stuck on 40hr work weeks, do your job and have fun.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in June 2013.

Interview

On-site technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. create your own Queue class and document class. You have to use word pad an the clock on the laptop I used was 20 minutes fast.   Answer Question

Solution Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied through an online job board. I was contacted by an HR representative via email asking about salary expectations. After that I was invited on campus for an interview. Interview was in two parts. The first part was a practical skills test (Basic scripting stuff, use a scripting language to perform various operations on a string, attempt to debug a chunk of code that isn't working using excerpts from an error log). The first part took about an hour. The second part was an in person interview with the Team Lead from the team you'd be working with as well as a couple of project managers. Lots of basic interview questions: Favorite class? Least favorite class? Favorite thing about software engineering? Have you ever been in [insert unfortunate situation here], and how did you deal with it? This also lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the specifics of the practical test, because it has been awhile, but I think it was something along the lines of: "Cut the sub-string 'Mr.' our of the string "Mr. Jones".   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job because I have a reference who already works for the company. The online application process is straight forward; in fact, it's one of the easier online applications I've used. Called their HR department a week after my submission to follow up; the HR recruiter told me that she had actually been meaning to call me and was glad that I called her. We set up a phone interview screen for a time the next week. She called me exactly at the time she said she would. Was a nice 45 minute conversation about my experience and why I wanted to work for Perceptive. We hit a snag in the conversation when I figured out that she had the wrong version of my resume (I applied for a different job in 2012 and used a different version of my resume), but the conversation was fine after that. She asked me to e-mail her my current resume, which was already in their system, so that she could send it to the hiring manager. I got an e-mail about a week after the phone screen from a different recruiter to set up an in-person panel interview. The interview lasted for a little over an hour and I met the hiring manager, the team's assistant, two of the other contract managers, and the company's general counsel who joined us over the phone. There were no off the wall or "clever" questions that seem to be popular these days. All of the questions were very much in the vein of: - Tell me two things you like and don't like about your current job. - Tell me about the culture at your current company. - What kind of contract experience do you have? - What kinds of contracts do you work with? - What do you do outside of work? What are your hobbies? The only weird question they asked was "give us the answer a question that we didn't ask but you thought we would." I had about 15 minutes worth of questions at the end of the interview. On my way out the hiring manager told me that I would be contacted either way and that it would be in the next couple of days. I waited a week and never heard back from anyone, so I sent an e-mail to my recruiter who never responded. Two weeks later the job was removed from the careers website and I still hadn't heard a peep from anyone at Perceptive. In fact, it wasn't until two and a half weeks after I interviewed that I got a rejection e-mail from my recruiter. I thought Perceptive would be a little more prompt in its communications with interview candidates, especially candidates who were referred by a current employee. I never expected special treatment, but when the team is only interviewing 4 or 5 candidates, I expected better communication between the hiring manager, human resources, and myself.

Interview Questions

• Answer the question we didn't ask but you thought we would.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Company is not very focused

Took another offer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Perceptive Software (Shawnee, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Was introduced to the job through a recruiter. Submitted resume and a written pre-screen, at which point I was invited in for a programming assessment. Programming assessment consisted of coding (in a word processor) in C++, Java, or C# some basic object-oriented things (subclassing, virtual methods) and writing a linked list implementation. I passed the programming assessment and was invited to an in-person interview. This consisted of two hour-long sessions with two interviewers each. The interviewers were software developers/architects. There were no "soft" questions (e.g. "What is your greatest weakness?") nor random puzzle questions. All the discussion was focused on tangible things that I could bring to the company, my attitudes, and also a review of the code that I wrote in the assessment. It was a very pleasant interview with obviously very talented people. In the end, they deemed me a good candidate but still declined to give me an offer. My only criticism of the process was that it took quite a long time. After the assessment, there was a three-week wait until the interview, and after the interview there was a three-week wait before a final decision. So the entire process was several months long, and comments from my recruiter led me to believe they were unnecessarily dragging their feet.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions, to be honest.   Answer Question