Perceptive Software Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Shawnee, KS
Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perceptive Software in June 2013.

On-site technical assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. create your own Queue class and document class. You have to use word pad an the clock on the laptop I used was 20 minutes fast.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Perceptive Software

Anonymous Employee  in  Shawnee, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Perceptive Software in September 2012.

Was introduced to the job through a recruiter. Submitted resume and a written pre-screen, at which point I was invited in for a programming assessment.

Programming assessment consisted of coding (in a word processor) in C++, Java, or C# some basic object-oriented things (subclassing, virtual methods) and writing a linked list implementation.

I passed the programming assessment and was invited to an in-person interview. This consisted of two hour-long sessions with two interviewers each. The interviewers were software developers/architects. There were no "soft" questions (e.g. "What is your greatest weakness?") nor random puzzle questions. All the discussion was focused on tangible things that I could bring to the company, my attitudes, and also a review of the code that I wrote in the assessment. It was a very pleasant interview with obviously very talented people.

In the end, they deemed me a good candidate but still declined to give me an offer.

My only criticism of the process was that it took quite a long time. After the assessment, there was a three-week wait until the interview, and after the interview there was a three-week wait before a final decision. So the entire process was several months long, and comments from my recruiter led me to believe they were unnecessarily dragging their feet.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, to be honest.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Perceptive Software in May 2011.

Hiring process has three steps in Kolkata,India
    1. Technical Written (offline in pen and paper)
    2. Phone interview/Personal Interview (depending on candidate location)
    3. Offshore Interview from HQ - Shawnee, KS (Skype or VC)
    Every round is elimination round.

Interview Questions
    • offshore interview mainly try to judge your personal ethics, they will focus to see whether you will fit with company culture, your adaptiveness/reaction on unexpected changes, whether you disclose any secrets to other in any circumstances etc   View Answer
    HR will start with minimum salary of the Band that you have hired for. But it can be negotiable and they carefully listen the reasons while negotiating.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perceptive Software in June 2011.

After submitting my resume I was brought in to take a written skills test of a language of my choosing. This was not difficult. It consisted a implementing a small program made up of several classes. Drawing from knowledge I gained in my college career, I was done in 45 minutes without any trouble.

A week later I was brought in for a face to face interview with four managers on the development side. At first I thought they were friendly enough, and was looking forward to a more laid-back interview than your typical run-of-the-mill interview. But they became, in my opinion, unprofessional, and borderline-malicious at times. Friendly chat from the managers turned into inappropriate jeering at times. Such as insinuating that I'm lazy in college for the entire interview even after I explain my circumstances. Joking or not, this is not professional for a first time interviewee. Though I handled it well, and thought I showed that I could interact well with fellow employees and managers, I came out of the interview disappointed that I wasn't given a chance to express my actual practical skills for the job positions at hand.

Overall, I would say that the interview process was not particularly difficult, though it was different from any other interview I've had in the development field. Find a way to showcase your practical skills in a casual, social way, and don't lose composure if things start to seem less than professional.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most hated class in college? What did you hate most about <insert programming language>?   Answer Question

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!