Perdue

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service One Interview

Service One
Salisbury, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Perdue in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring managers know nothing about IT. False hopes of promotions and pay raises.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Salisbury, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Perdue in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was good experience they took 1 hour interview with that row and full technical stuffs and domain knowledge

General Process Team Leader Interview

General Process Team Leader
Georgetown, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Perdue in February 2013.

Interview Details – Evaluated through both a phone & on site interview. Phone interview was standard; the in-person interview include an overview of operations followed by a series of questions by two existing team leads as well as the manager. The tour itself, of a chicken processing plant was an experience to say the least. While it was a very interesting process, it was also quite graphic, and probably not the best environment for someone used to directly managing people in a retail setting.

Interview Question – Situational questions based on SOPs that I had no prior knowledge of.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined an offer to proceed with the interview steps, as I found after the initial in person interview that I was not interested in this aspect of management.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Milford, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Perdue in April 2008.

Interview Details – I spent about 4 hours at the plant. First I was given a tour, then interviewed by middle management and HR. The HR representative told me that he expected I would be offered a job. When I interviewed with upper management, I was offered the job on the spot and told the starting salary. I then returned to HR for more details about benefits.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and not someone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary. I later found out that there is a wide range of salaries among people at the same level which does not correlate with amount of experience.

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Accomac, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perdue in February 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the THIRD time, I was finally given an interview. The only reason they interviewed me was that my friend had a "connection" there. As soon as my friend failed background check, they told me NO too. Worst good 'ol boy situation I've ever seen. I was very qualified, and showed energy and self confidence. However, my energy and self-confidence was forgotten when my "connection" couldn't be hired. I left the interviews being complimented on my confidence and energy, but all of a sudden the HR lady said I lacked confidence and energy when my "connection" failed his background check. They said I wasn't a "good personality fit". Bullsh_t. I didn't have the good ol' boy connections.

Interview Question – We won't tell you what is expected of you. Tell us what you can do for us. Hope you can guess correctly.   View Answer

H R Generalist Interview

H R Generalist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Perdue in January 2009.

Interview Details – Upon arrival at the facility at 8:00 AM, I was greeted by the H R receptionist, who had me wait for 1 hour until the interviewer was able to see me. I was not impressed-not organized. The interviewer had more on her plate than she could deal with, expense report lost.

Interview Questions

• Can you spot the fradulant document in this pile? I can! let me show you why.....   View Answer
  • What would you do if an employee came to you and said that they wanted to go home because they were feeling ill?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

General Labor Interview

General Labor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Perdue in July 2008.

Interview Details – This is a first process puoultry kill plant. Most positions are suitable for an entry level, non-skilled employee. The application processis completed thru the local employment office, and my interview occurred shortly thereafter. I was hired over five years ago, and there have been come changes since then, not the least of which is the glut of people seeking employment. That being said, not many people are willing to work in a first process kill plant.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Perdue?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perdue in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews went very well and the company has not made a decision on the position. They say that are a team environment, everyone was not on the same page as far as the needs for the position I was interviewing for. I was asked about my ability to work in a team environment and was told I would need to drink the "Cool Aid" in order to be successful at this company.

Interview Question – I was asked about the my ability to work on a team.   View Answer

Worked for Perdue? Contribute to the Community!