Perella Weinberg Partners Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2012.

After the first round on campus, went through a super day with all members of the team. Because they are a relatively new firm they were keen on getting top tier university students. Seem to care about fit but at the same time all interviews have lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was probed on LBO modelling; knowing LBO model in and out a must.   View Answer
    Fairly smooth, they made a better than market offer, leaving little room for negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2014.

First two interviews were over phone -- standard behavioral and technical questions. Superday was at the office with 5 back-to-back interviews.

Going through the Vault and WSO guides should be sufficient.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how raising 100mil in debt affects the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Went through on campus school recruiting - had an interview with a director and an analyst from the San Francisco office. Got a call back the next day inviting me to superday on Friday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews, each was 1-1 with everybody from the San Francisco office.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2011.

This was a strange interview. The interviewer didn't seem very prepared. She didn't ask me why I wanted to join the firm or why I wanted to do investment banking. She did ask me about some of the activities I was involved in. She also asked me some technical questions which weren't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • I asked her how to value intangible assets, she responded by asking me how I would value them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in September 2010.

They gave me a phone interview and asked me your typical investment banking questions, nothing new there. Know your analytics, don't sound like a jerk and ask intelligent questions. If you don't know an answer, don't BS, that will get you nowhere. If you don't know then say that you dont know.

first and then second.
    Mostly going through resume, with some technical questions in investment banking, but very basic ones.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in October 2008.

Basic banking interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perella Weinberg Partners

Worked for Perella Weinberg Partners? Contribute to the Community!