Perella Weinberg Partners

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Went through on campus school recruiting - had an interview with a director and an analyst from the San Francisco office. Got a call back the next day inviting me to superday on Friday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews, each was 1-1 with everybody from the San Francisco office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2014.

First two interviews were over phone -- standard behavioral and technical questions. Superday was at the office with 5 back-to-back interviews.

Going through the Vault and WSO guides should be sufficient.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how raising 100mil in debt affects the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2012.

After the first round on campus, went through a super day with all members of the team. Because they are a relatively new firm they were keen on getting top tier university students. Seem to care about fit but at the same time all interviews have lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was probed on LBO modelling; knowing LBO model in and out a must.   View Answer
    Fairly smooth, they made a better than market offer, leaving little room for negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in February 2011.

This was a strange interview. The interviewer didn't seem very prepared. She didn't ask me why I wanted to join the firm or why I wanted to do investment banking. She did ask me about some of the activities I was involved in. She also asked me some technical questions which weren't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • I asked her how to value intangible assets, she responded by asking me how I would value them.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in September 2010.

They gave me a phone interview and asked me your typical investment banking questions, nothing new there. Know your analytics, don't sound like a jerk and ask intelligent questions. If you don't know an answer, don't BS, that will get you nowhere. If you don't know then say that you dont know.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners.

Application Online. Telephone Interview afterwards and then First round at the office. If successful, last round.
    First round involves a difficult math test at their office, without a calculator. Pretty intense. Afterwards three interviews. Nice people but they are definitely looking for people with deep technical skills already. In general and when comparing with other interviews, way more technical!

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners.

Racist experience. One of the interviewing associates at the beginning of the interview made sure I'm from where he thinks and immediately turned rude and arrogant. Same happened to my friend a year ago. This involved questioning everything I said, "allegedly": wrong motivation, wrong investment ideas etc. After being rejected I was refused feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Build detailed income statement of Pret on a piece of paper   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners.

I applied online and then I was invited to a Phone interview, then assessment day interview which included a long 40 mins maths test without calculator and then another three interviews in a row, and final round.

Interview Questions
    • How would you draw the shape of the FTSE Index over the past 20 years?   Answer Question

Analyst, London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners in November 2014.

Telephone Interview, first round. I was told that the interview would not be pre-scheduled so I could expect a call any time in the next week. I missed the first time that they called, and so I thought I was ready the second time. The personal questions were simple enough eg why IB, why PW.

The technical questions were in hindsight tough but fair for a graduate entry position - running through DCF/LBO, why use comps for analysis etc.

Summer Analyst Corporate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Perella Weinberg Partners.

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later saying I would be called for a phone interview at some point within the next few days. Interview was quite technical with a few general fit questions. Better knowledge of multiples would have helped especially for the valuation question.