Perfect World Entertainment

Perfect World Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Received a call to come into the office for an interview. No other specifics shared at that time. It would have been helpful to ask some questions regarding the genre of games previously worked on. They could have saved everyone's time by doing a proper phone screen.

Interview Questions
    • Do not bother wasting your time if you have not worked on or play games other than MMORPGs. They are not interested in any candidates with experience creating or knowledge of other genres.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Met with VP of BD. Smart guy with a some great Qs. 2nd interview was with Produces, General Manager and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • "If you had the funding you needed what would Business endeavor would you put the money toward?"   View Answer

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

I didn't go through this process, I can over from another company that was purchased by Perfect World Entertainment.

At my previous company the process was pretty simple, had a phone interview, and then an offer within the next few days. Pretty painless really, but that was a while ago.

Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment in April 2013.

I had two interviews, one with Human Resources and the other with the Controller. They were both very pleasant people and I was impressed with their overall professionalism yet felt comfortable in the more or less relaxed atmosphere of the interview. I did not feel nervous at all during the interview process.

Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

I was referred to Perfect World Enterrainment by a friend. I had an inital phone screening and then got an interview right away. When I arrived I was escorted to a conference room and given a written PHP language test. They gave me 30 minutes with it and said to just answer what I could.
    After that, I met with two engineers who went over my test and asked me questions about why I answered the way I did. It was more of an exploratory look at my thought processes, not in defense of answers. They asked some additional questions on coding logic and database querying. The only issue I had here is, I wasn't up to date on my PHP5 knowledge and still was using PHP4.
    Then I met with the VP who asked me all sorts of questions. These were the usual high level, non-technical questions. He was mostly laid back and not really high pressure. Definitely less nerve wracking than the previous interview.
    The whole process took a few hours and after a few follow-up emails I was informed that another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions
    • How would you debug a feature on an already deployed site with the least amount of impact to users?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Perfect World Entertainment.

Varies on position. Quite often interviews are not even held/posted when positions are made available (internally or externally), and employees can be moved/promoted into cross departmental openings at will. This creates a very unfair environment that prevents talented and skilled employees from progressing unless they become friends with someone influential. That being the case, many qualified external candidates were repeatedly declined in favor of friends.

Interview Questions
    • The lack of questions, and the need to fit the desired personality of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Community Management Specialist Interview