Perforce Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Perforce Software

Interview Details – HR responded to CV fairly quickly and was receptive and engaging. Otherwise, Be careful: Dhruv Gupta (New Product Marketing Director) will respond to messages on his phone and computer during your 1x1, catalog your ideas for their use, then cut you from the process.

User Experience Intern Interview

User Experience Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perforce Software.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly rudimentary though smooth. First call interview asked about projects I'd been working on and some standard boiler plate questions. Second interview was an in-house interview with their UX team where I interviewed separately with each employee. Was a very pleasant experience as each person made it more like a conversation, and Billie especially was an invigorating interviewer.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Billie liked to ask questions on-the-fly about my projects, so just know your stuff.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales/Support Interview

Sales/Support
Alameda, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perforce Software.

Interview Details – Posted my resume to their website, got a call approximately the same day

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate telecommute, pay and review cycle.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Alameda, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perforce Software in April 2012.

Interview Details – I encountered the job opening via indeed.com and contacted someone I used to work with at a previous company that was there now, asking what he liked about Perforce. He was very positive and was happy to forward my resume to the recruiter. I was contacted soon afterward, and scheduled an onsite a week or so later. I met with three developers and the hiring manager. The questions were mostly technical, with some coding. None were particularly challenging, but all good questions. I had a follow-up visit with the hiring manager and senior director a week or so later, which was mostly about getting to know each other.

Interview Question – Nothing really, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy. While the pay wasn't as high as I had been getting at my previous company, it was not exactly a fair comparison. The other benefits outweigh the small difference in salary.

Very Easy Interview

TPM Interview

TPM
Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Perforce Software in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by on site interview with 4 individuals. Very prepared and professional team. They think very highly of working there and freely enumerate the benefits. I was surprised, however, at the lack of industry experience by a few individuals who have been there for some time and were rather misinformed about what constitutes "hardware" vs. "software" in a given technological architecture.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic, not challenging, but good questions. Each interviewer (with the exception of one) had a list of prepared questions and took notes on my answers.   View Answer

Worked for Perforce Software? Contribute to the Community!