Perforce Software

www.perforce.com

Perforce Software Interview Questions

1.8

Product Marketing Manager Interview

HR responded to CV fairly quickly and was receptive and engaging. Otherwise, Be careful: Dhruv Gupta (New Product Marketing Director) will respond to messages on his phone and computer during your 1x1, catalog your ideas for their use, then cut you from the process.

User Experience Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perforce Software.

Interview process was fairly rudimentary though smooth. First call interview asked about projects I'd been working on and some standard boiler plate questions. Second interview was an in-house interview with their UX team where I interviewed separately with each employee. Was a very pleasant experience as each person made it more like a conversation, and Billie especially was an invigorating interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Billie liked to ask questions on-the-fly about my projects, so just know your stuff.   Answer Question

Sales/Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perforce Software.

Posted my resume to their website, got a call approximately the same day

i was able to negotiate telecommute, pay and review cycle.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perforce Software in April 2012.

I encountered the job opening via indeed.com and contacted someone I used to work with at a previous company that was there now, asking what he liked about Perforce. He was very positive and was happy to forward my resume to the recruiter. I was contacted soon afterward, and scheduled an onsite a week or so later. I met with three developers and the hiring manager. The questions were mostly technical, with some coding. None were particularly challenging, but all good questions. I had a follow-up visit with the hiring manager and senior director a week or so later, which was mostly about getting to know each other.

Interview Questions
    Pretty easy. While the pay wasn't as high as I had been getting at my previous company, it was not exactly a fair comparison. The other benefits outweigh the small difference in salary.

TPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perforce Software in January 2011.

Phone screen followed by on site interview with 4 individuals. Very prepared and professional team. They think very highly of working there and freely enumerate the benefits. I was surprised, however, at the lack of industry experience by a few individuals who have been there for some time and were rather misinformed about what constitutes "hardware" vs. "software" in a given technological architecture.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, not challenging, but good questions. Each interviewer (with the exception of one) had a list of prepared questions and took notes on my answers.   View Answer