Performance Bike Shop

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop.

Grabbed an application, very standard. Turned it in and within a couple days i had an interview setup. The interview was very easy to anyone with any retail experience and alittle bit of bike knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Is the customer always right? I over thought it since you don't want to put someone on the wrong bike but short answer is yes   Answer Question
    No negotiations, just an offer either accept or decline

Graphic Designer Interview

Needlessly difficult process, you'll have to do a whole interview with an HR person who is unimportant first. Then actually meet the people who you would be working for/with. 3 interviews were necessary.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop.

Applied on craigslist, they needed somebody to put up signs manage the store while general manager is busy. respond to corporate sale announcements etc. The general manger interviewed me seemed to go well but never got a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • If another employee took a power bar what would you say?   View Answer

Bike Builder/Sales Associate Interview

Interview and hiring went along fairly normal and within a week or so I was hired on as mostly sales and performing bike builds when needed since my experience is in both sales and service.

Interview Questions
    • How much I thought I could sell. I have never been asked that and responded that I would do the best I could do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop in May 2013.

Called Manager, told to fill out online PDF and FAX, Yes, Fax, or print out and fill in, then fax or bring into store. Manager asked if I could come in and drop off application. Went in and talked with assistant manager, he tells me that I am over qualified for the role. He will give application to manager for him to review. Tells me that the manger will call me back. Tells me that pay is around $9 -$10 and hour or more.

Interview Questions
    • Called manager to follow up. Manger tells me that without bike shop experience that he will not paid a starting wage of more then $8 and hour for only part time work. Did not matter I had run 3 other retail stores before. Ask him for $9 an hour. Would not do so.
      Told him that a working poor wage is not moral and was unethical. That with my background he could start me off at $9 an hour. He would not move on the hourly rate.

View Answer

To low of pay. Was inflexible to start me off at $9 and hour. Was asking a former retail manager to start part time for $8 and hour. Poor management skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop in June 2012.

1 on 1 interview. Manager needed help so badly I was hired just for having a pulse.

Interview Questions
    You don't negotiate at this level

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop in May 2011.

Long and drawn out

good luck

Director of Materials Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop in January 2010.

Very thorough and professionally conducted. Meeting all key managers and executives in the process. Multiple stages over multiple weeks. Complete with analytics, calculations, P&L review and
    growth projections.
    Second interview a week later was executive level interviews based on vision and growth expectations and contributions.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving pertaining to ROI on inventory turns and projected bottom line profit to support store expansion plans.   View Answer
    Yes, and achieved my desired salary and benefits package