Performance Bike Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.3

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

About a half an hour long. Asked me several questions about customer service. Asked several questions about bicycling industry. Described the company. Described training and benefits. I had to test build a bicycle and struggled. No one assisted me. There was no background check or drug testing screening.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop.

Interview

Grabbed an application, very standard. Turned it in and within a couple days i had an interview setup. The interview was very easy to anyone with any retail experience and alittle bit of bike knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right? I over thought it since you don't want to put someone on the wrong bike but short answer is yes   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, just an offer either accept or decline

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

Needlessly difficult process, you'll have to do a whole interview with an HR person who is unimportant first. Then actually meet the people who you would be working for/with. 3 interviews were necessary.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied on craigslist, they needed somebody to put up signs manage the store while general manager is busy. respond to corporate sale announcements etc. The general manger interviewed me seemed to go well but never got a second interview.

Interview Questions

• If another employee took a power bar what would you say?   1 Answer

Bike Builder/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview and hiring went along fairly normal and within a week or so I was hired on as mostly sales and performing bike builds when needed since my experience is in both sales and service.

Interview Questions

• How much I thought I could sell. I have never been asked that and responded that I would do the best I could do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Called Manager, told to fill out online PDF and FAX, Yes, Fax, or print out and fill in, then fax or bring into store. Manager asked if I could come in and drop off application. Went in and talked with assistant manager, he tells me that I am over qualified for the role. He will give application to manager for him to review. Tells me that the manger will call me back. Tells me that pay is around $9 -$10 and hour or more.

Interview Questions

• Called manager to follow up. Manger tells me that without bike shop experience that he will not paid a starting wage of more then $8 and hour for only part time work. Did not matter I had run 3 other retail stores before. Ask him for $9 an hour. Would not do so. Told him that a working poor wage is not moral and was unethical. That with my background he could start me off at $9 an hour. He would not move on the hourly rate.   1 Answer

To low of pay. Was inflexible to start me off at $9 and hour. Was asking a former retail manager to start part time for $8 and hour. Poor management skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Prince Frederick, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

1 on 1 interview. Manager needed help so badly I was hired just for having a pulse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You don't negotiate at this level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Detroit, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Very basic. Most managers have limited experience running an interview. Expect standard and off-the wall questions. Many managers ask things they've heard others ask in interviews. Basically they're looking for sales clerks or mechanics that have a basic understanding of cycling in general. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be hired.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

i applied on line and was called within a few days interviewed by district manager took a personality/honesty test waited for results then scheduled another interview with head of human resources and was notified with offer in a few days after that to meet again with DM to finalize with salary negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Performance Bike Shop (Roswell, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was hired as a sales manager twice with Performance Bicycle. In 2011 I was hired as sales manager. 1 week prior to starting, after giving notice at current job, I was informed 3 others were also hired for the same position and we would be competing for the job. I would be paid less than agreed upon money during this competition time.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer