Performance Software

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.0

Software Engineer II, Waukesha Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Performance Software.

Initial phone interview contained fairly basic technical questions and questions about experience and skills on resume. Proceeded to on-site interview soon after. On site interview consisted of 3 interviewers at once. Questions were not difficult. No algorithms or data structure questions or anything like that, mostly about past experiences and processes. Had to do whiteboard programming. Lunch afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboard problem consisted of defining a function that found a specific string within a string and returned a pointer to the first char of the desired string.   Answer Question

Offer was insultingly low. Much lower than desired range indicated on application, much lower than average for the area, and much lower than what i was already making. Waste of time.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Performance Software in December 2011.

Very non technical interview, literally was just me interviewing them about their company. We basically went over our resumes(it was me and two other candidates). The normal interviewer was not there, so they had to wing it. I stayed up the entire previous night to prepare for a technical interview and not one question was technical.

Interview Questions
    • "are you interested in what type of software we develop?"   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Performance Software in March 2011.

They interviewed us as a group at the same time. So every 10-15 minutes we switch with another interviewer to do a 1:1 interview. There were 3 people who I talked to. They browse your resume and ask questions about what you've done before, such as: tell me what you have done in unit tests, what language are you most comfortable with. So it's all about experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know (or experienced) the normal Software Developing phases?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Performance Software in March 2011.

Interviewer was arrogant. Claimed that they only hire the most intelligent people and the top 10% and that you will be required to work at least 45 hours a week. (salaried, no company stock either) It is an office of 9 people with a Honeywell plant down the street. (So if you are so great, then why aren't you running Honeywell?) I drove from out of town for the interview with a total of 5 hours for that day and paid 50 dollars in gas, for an interview of only 30 minutes with someone who was clearly not interested in hiring me before I walked in the door. Performance Software may be a "great place to work" but it is not a "great place to interview" and I feel that if I am correct that the interviewer already knew he did not want to hire me, he could have done me the courtesy of saving me 5 hours in traffic and 50 dollars in gas. AND I still have heard nothing to this day. I emailed the HR rep asking for feedback. No rejection letter still. RUDE and I would NOT want to work there.

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Performance Software in December 2009.

The company recruiter reached out due to my on-line resume, asked a few questions then arranged a face to face at the local office which went well. Fairly standard questions about experience and skill set. No real technical questions. I believe that's changed now.

They offered I accepted.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Performance Software.

Interview process was really simplistic. This was my very first contact with a company for an interview and I was told to expect a coding interview over the phone, but it really just consisted of generic questions(tell us about a project you worked on, do you like embedded programming, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a team project you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question
    no negotiation