PerkinElmer

3.1

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PerkinElmer.

I filled out app online. Told my service guy that I applied and he recommended me to his supervisor. Got a phone call interview to set up face to face with manager and team leader. The met me at a restaurant and we spoke for an hour during lunch. There were no typical interview questions. They just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    They called me and gave me an offer, I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Had one technical and one hr round of interview and was given the result within a week

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions related to algorithms and about projects worked   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PerkinElmer in December 2013.

Great hiring process very interesting product and company. People were all very nice and seem as if they were happy to be working for a good company. The two people I interviewed with did a great job of explaining the position and its responsibilities. They were also down to earth and not robots just reading off a prescripted list of questions.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PerkinElmer.

Informal. Sent letter to hiring manager about unposted job and was met for interview. Questions were mostly behavioral in nature. "Describe a situation where you faced a customer that was dissatisfied with your company's service... How did you handle it"? Discussed salary requirements with HR representative. Several rounds of negotiations and finally an agreement was reached.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral interview questions.   View Answer
    Salary to some degree. No budging on hiring bonus (none) or vacation (bad). There is only PTO there---If you get sick, use your vacation time.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PerkinElmer.

The experience was pretty disorganized and disappointing. I was notified by email once that the interview schedule changed and provided with a new schedule, and then on interview day people came in to meet with me in a completely different order and someone new was added. Then there was confusion over what position I was applying to. There were two positions available, and I was probably slightly more qualified for one but more interested in the other...however the job descriptions were so vague it was hard to tell. Both were just outside my area of expertise anyway. So I spent the day apologizing and explaining and re-explaining that I was more interested in the other position. The director even mentioned a new position that would incorporate my expertise with their needs. So it was pretty unclear what they were looking for.

Additionally, I was eager to get a look around at the labs, where I might be spending a good portion of my time. But when I asked, they said I couldn't because things were under construction and they wouldn't show me around. So either they have no labs and are currently not getting any research done, or the labs are something they are not proud of.

Most importantly, it didn't seem like HR and the hiring manager were on the same page in terms of whether they were looking for a someone with a specific set of skills or a talented scientist that could easily take on new skills. The job description was quite vague and open-ended leading one to believe they were more interested in the latter. And I made a clear effort in the preliminary phone interviews where my expertise lay (related, but not exactly the background they were looking for) and that I'd be open to taking on new challenges and learning my way around quickly. It seemed like everyone was in agreement. However, during the interview it was made clear that they were in fact looking for a distinct research background. The hiring manager proceeded to ask technical questions as if it were a pop quiz in an area that I confessed to having familiarity, but not expertise. It was a waste of everyone's time and a very frustrating day. The interviewers were all very nice and understanding and it seems like it might be a nice place to work? But if the hiring manager doesn't sit down with HR to figure out what they want, I might not be the last one running for the hills.

Lesson learned. That will be the last time I apply to a job with too vague a description.

Interview Questions
    • A technical pop quiz about an area that I confessed to having limited experience, but went along anyway leaving me to answer "i don't know" again and again. Torture!   Answer Question

Open Source Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PerkinElmer in December 2012.

Applied for position online on 12/20 and received phone call from recruiter the same day. Phone screen went very well. Interviewed with the hiring manager on 12/24, who told me they were looking to fill this position right away. Followed up with the recruiter after the holidays, and was told they were still interviewing, and that he would keep me posted. I never heard from him again.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PerkinElmer in February 2012.

It took about a week to schedule interview. The interviewers were from high-level manager. They were very kind. The questions were all about the scientific work.

Wafer Fab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PerkinElmer in December 2011.

One half hour with HR about strengths and weaknesses. Job history. Where do I see myself in 5 years. Familar with chemical use and safety. Minimum salary required--$23/hour I quoted.
    One half hour with manufacturing manager. Do I like to work alone or with a team. Job history and past job duties. Was I flexible to work different shifts. Give examples of good teamwork on my part.

Interview Questions
    • Describe my job duties at last job.   View Answer
    • Was I experienced with processing wafers with acids, solvents, and base chemicals?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PerkinElmer in August 2011.

Interviewed for an hour, asked a couple questions about my background and what I could provide to the company if I was hired.

Tech Service Expert IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PerkinElmer in September 2010.

typical targeted selection interview