Perkins Coie Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.6

Political Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Perkins Coie.

Initial Screening interview followed by half day interviews at the firm. Half day interviews consisted of 30 minute interviews with associates, senior counsel, and partners at the firm. They got back to me over a month later to confirm I did not get an offer. It was difficult to read the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked very specific questions regarding campaign finance laws, recent political events and elected officials   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Perkins Coie.

I attended a full day of interviews and met with 5-6 members of the practice group, which included both partners and associates. All were very pleasant and the associates candid about work-life balance at a law firm.

Patent Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Coie in July 2014.

I received an email for a phone interview 5 days after applying online. The phone interview was scheduled for a week later with a Staff Recruiter. It was a very typical interview, no strange questions, just asked a lot about my current job and what I was looking for in my next position. I heard back that afternoon, asking me to come in for an in-person interview. A week later, I met with the Staff Recruiter and the Patent Paralegal Manager. Three days later, I got an email inviting me in for the final in-person interviews, which were held a week later with 6 different patent analysts and paralegals, and an added 7th person at the end. That afternoon, I was asked to schedule another phone interview with an additional paralegal. I followed up the next week and got a reply saying they were still in the interview process. The week after that, I was called and told that I didn't receive the position. Altogether, a very long, but thorough process, but I appreciated how professional it was.

Practice Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Perkins Coie in May 2013.

My initial interview was via phone with their in-house recruiter. I advanced to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, I met in-person with the hiring manager, stakeholders, and other office staff for about 4 hours. The next week I received a call from the hiring manager informing me that he was quitting, but recommending me for hire. On his way out, he set up another round of in-person interviews with C-level staff, peers, and the dept. head. These went another 2-3 hours. My follow-up with the recruiter revealed the department would be undergoing a re-organization, and the position was placed on-hold until then. The process, up to this point, took five weeks. Over the next several weeks, I was informed that I was still in contention for the position, and my patience was appreciated. Finally after more than 3 months in this process, I have been informed that they are continuing their search to fill the position. This project organization doesn't seem to have any decision-making ability. If I wasn't the right candidate, a re-org wasn't going to make me one.

Patent Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Coie in January 2012.

The telephone interview was good. The H.R seemed nice. I was interviewed by six people consisting of paralegals, H.R and Director of Paralegal services. The Director was very polite and humble.
     However after my interview their follow up process was really unprofessional. I wrote 2 follow up emails.H.R wrote 2 sentences back ( number of grammatical and spelling errors). She spelled my name wrong during the emails. This reflected unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Are you doing to enjoy doing this job?   View Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Coie in March 2011.

The interview process was extensive, but well orchestrated. After applying online through the company website, I was contacted by their Human Resources Department and was scheduled for an initial, in person, interview. That interview lasted 30 or so minutes. Thereafter, I was contacted by email for a second round of interviews with my direct boss, which lasted about an hour. After that interview, I was scheduled for a half-day of interviews with separate groups of attorneys.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions were asked: Describing a situation where there was adversity, and what I did to overcome.   Answer Question
    • Typical questions were asked: Describing how I implemented processes to improve certain situations.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Perkins Coie in February 2011.

It took them two days to get back to me, after I called them back. They have an agressive way of interviewing, maybe that's just their way.