Perkins Coie

Relevance Date Difficulty

Practice Project Manager Interview

Practice Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Perkins Coie in May 2013.

Interview Details – My initial interview was via phone with their in-house recruiter. I advanced to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, I met in-person with the hiring manager, stakeholders, and other office staff for about 4 hours. The next week I received a call from the hiring manager informing me that he was quitting, but recommending me for hire. On his way out, he set up another round of in-person interviews with C-level staff, peers, and the dept. head. These went another 2-3 hours. My follow-up with the recruiter revealed the department would be undergoing a re-organization, and the position was placed on-hold until then. The process, up to this point, took five weeks. Over the next several weeks, I was informed that I was still in contention for the position, and my patience was appreciated. Finally after more than 3 months in this process, I have been informed that they are continuing their search to fill the position. This project organization doesn't seem to have any decision-making ability. If I wasn't the right candidate, a re-org wasn't going to make me one.

Interview Question – What edition of PMBOK do you have?   View Answer

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Coie in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was extensive, but well orchestrated. After applying online through the company website, I was contacted by their Human Resources Department and was scheduled for an initial, in person, interview. That interview lasted 30 or so minutes. Thereafter, I was contacted by email for a second round of interviews with my direct boss, which lasted about an hour. After that interview, I was scheduled for a half-day of interviews with separate groups of attorneys.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions were asked: Describing a situation where there was adversity, and what I did to overcome.   Answer Question
  • Typical questions were asked: Describing how I implemented processes to improve certain situations.   Answer Question

Patent Paralegal Assistant Interview

Patent Paralegal Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Coie in January 2012.

Interview Details – The telephone interview was good. The H.R seemed nice. I was interviewed by six people consisting of paralegals, H.R and Director of Paralegal services. The Director was very polite and humble.
 However after my interview their follow up process was really unprofessional. I wrote 2 follow up emails.H.R wrote 2 sentences back ( number of grammatical and spelling errors). She spelled my name wrong during the emails. This reflected unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Are you doing to enjoy doing this job?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Perkins Coie in February 2011.

Interview Details – It took them two days to get back to me, after I called them back. They have an agressive way of interviewing, maybe that's just their way.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Perkins Coie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perkins Coie interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Perkins Coie employees and interview candidates.