Perkins Eastman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager/Project Architect Interview

Project Manager/Project Architect
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with four senior managers, none of whom introduced themselves nor were sure what position I applied for. The most senior made a weak excuse to leave after only a few minutes, so I knew this was going to end poorly. Final email saying no thanks, did not get the names of their staff correct. Felt like they did not care.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman.

Interview Details – The interview went great! Questions mostly related to my portfolio. I am glad they did not ask the usual questions like 'where do you see yourself in 5 years' and 'strengths and weakness'. They were specific about my experience, projects previously worked on and the interview was purely based on my portfolio and skills. It went on for almost an hour and had a verbal offer right away awaiting my decision. Got the written offer a week later. During the interview they made lots of promises portraying a work culture with great work-life balance, comp time off etc, turns out most of them were fake promises coz nothing like that was ever talked about once I accepted the job.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward, related to portfolio and skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although I asked for a slightly higher pay, they declined!

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was a temp and asked to be called if an opportunity arose in the company. The hiring process was not difficult at all.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Entry Level Architect Interview

Entry Level Architect
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in March 2013.

Interview Details – the interviewer is nice and energetic, inquiring me about the design details of my projects one by one, which is very rare for me as a student graduating this may.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in January 2008.

Interview Details – head Hunter then interview by 5 of 8 Board Members

Interview Question – All fair questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in January 2008.

Interview Details – Submitted application. Was intereviewed once by a Principal. Had a follow-up interview with three Design Principals, including the Director of Design. A job offer followed almost immediately afterward.

Interview Question – There didn't seem to be any difficult questions. One of the Principals did not even look at me the entire time I was in the interview, so I did not fee confident I would get the job, but I did. He turned out to be a bit of a jerk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as is.

Junior Architect Interview

Junior Architect
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in April 2012.

Interview Details – very organized office

Interview Question – what do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Oakland, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perkins Eastman in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had a group interview with the office manager and three principals. The marketing director also sat in on the interview via conference call. The interview went well and I was asked to come back the following day for a writing/InDesign test. It's been nearly three months and I still haven't heard from them, despite following up numerous time. I guess I didn't get the job - thanks for letting me know!

Interview Question – If our office was to move locations, what kind of marketing activities would you plan?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Perkins Eastman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perkins Eastman interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Perkins Eastman employees and interview candidates.