Perkins Eastman

2.5

Architectural Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in October 2014.

The interview was set up by a former colleague who was hired by Perkins Eastman several months prior. He reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for a position they were trying to fill. I accepted and was given a tour of the firm before the interview even began. The interview itself seemed more explanatory than anything else and they were quick to verbally offer the position to me.

Interview Questions
    • What is preventing you from working full time at your current place of employment?   View Answer
    Having worked in the industry for several years, I was able to negotiate my title to avoid the word "intern".

Senior Designer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman.

The interview went great! Questions mostly related to my portfolio. I am glad they did not ask the usual questions like 'where do you see yourself in 5 years' and 'strengths and weakness'. They were specific about my experience, projects previously worked on and the interview was purely based on my portfolio and skills. It went on for almost an hour and had a verbal offer right away awaiting my decision. Got the written offer a week later. During the interview they made lots of promises portraying a work culture with great work-life balance, comp time off etc, turns out most of them were fake promises coz nothing like that was ever talked about once I accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward, related to portfolio and skills   Answer Question
    Although I asked for a slightly higher pay, they declined!

Project Manager/Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in January 2014.

Interviewed with four senior managers, none of whom introduced themselves nor were sure what position I applied for. The most senior made a weak excuse to leave after only a few minutes, so I knew this was going to end poorly. Final email saying no thanks, did not get the names of their staff correct. Felt like they did not care.

Entry Level Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in March 2013.

the interviewer is nice and energetic, inquiring me about the design details of my projects one by one, which is very rare for me as a student graduating this may.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in May 2012.

I was a temp and asked to be called if an opportunity arose in the company. The hiring process was not difficult at all.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in April 2012.

very organized office

Architectural Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in April 2012.

I applid Online through their website. After a few weeks, recieved an invitation for interviews. The whole process took about three weeks in total. The interview was straightforward with general questions asked. After the interview, received an offer through the email.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Perkins Eastman in May 2011.

Bring your portfolio with you explain your ideas behind the project, talked to 2 design principals and one project manager, they were very friendly and didn't give me a hard time.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest challenge and how did u overcome it   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in April 2011.

I had a group interview with the office manager and three principals. The marketing director also sat in on the interview via conference call. The interview went well and I was asked to come back the following day for a writing/InDesign test. It's been nearly three months and I still haven't heard from them, despite following up numerous time. I guess I didn't get the job - thanks for letting me know!

Interview Questions
    • If our office was to move locations, what kind of marketing activities would you plan?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Eastman in January 2008.

Submitted application. Was intereviewed once by a Principal. Had a follow-up interview with three Design Principals, including the Director of Design. A job offer followed almost immediately afterward.

Interview Questions
    • There didn't seem to be any difficult questions. One of the Principals did not even look at me the entire time I was in the interview, so I did not fee confident I would get the job, but I did. He turned out to be a bit of a jerk.   Answer Question
    I accepted the offer as is.