Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Hosting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Orange City, FL).

Interview

It was an open interview but the interviewer rarely asked any questions. Basically he just said "you're not gonna have a social life if you work here." It just wasn't a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you good working 3 hours a day?   1 Answer

Area Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter first asking general background questions about my previous employers. The recruiter then passed the application on to Café Rio who contacted me within 24 hours to set up a phone interview the following week.. The HR representative called at the appointed time asking me questions about my past employment, they asked me to describe a tough situation and how I handled it. Another question was describe your day as a Regional Manager. A concern that I had was the HR representative conducted the interview from home with a child fussing in the background during the whole interview. I felt that I did not get the full attention of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job history with your last employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Saint Cloud, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the manager 1 on 1 and she asked me what days I was available to work and that was it. It lasted no more than 5 minutes.

Server/Host/Cashier/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

Interview

If you are a warm body, the job is yours. Went in with a resume, met with a manger on spot and they had a 1 on 1 interview then called later the same day. They tried not to come off as too desperate but the truth is there is a high turnover in restaurants.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, out in the open. The manager seemed to just be having a normal day to day conversation at first. The questions were really basic, mostly just getting to know you type. It was an overall good experience but unfortunately they were looking for someone with experience and at the time I had none.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

Interview

expect at least 4 different interviews. The process takes awhile and they are slow to make a decision

Interview Questions

• What is your one biggest opportunity   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was negotiation for a larger starting salary

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

interviewed with HR person and Area Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

accepted initial offer- because I wanted the position.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (South Bend, IN).

Interview

He Asked No Questions. It Was Very Obvious They Were In Desperate Need Of Help. I Regret Taking The Job Now.

Interview Questions

• None, They Asked No Questions Because They Were Obviously Desperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I have only retail/hotel experience and worked at a panera. i was surprised when he wanted to interview me. the place was like 25 min away. i didnt realize how far it was and was exactly on top instead of 5-10 min early like i prefer. he accused me of being late and i told him im not normally late and he called me a liar. rest of interview was awkward and he went over every detail of my application, which no one usually does. i hate repeating myself. it's like just read it yourself. then he told me he was trying to hire for days and i am available nights. why would you waste my time. then he told me i would make more there on 3 hr shift then 8/hr at a hotel. this is false. at only $40 in tips a night on a 4 hr shift you would bring home 44 a night 4x a night which is still less than i would get paid at a hotel. thought he was rude and unprofessional. if he offers me job, i will not take it

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite pleasant. Everyone seemed nice and I didn't even really feel like I was being interviewed at all. I was pretty comfortable and it was nice. The orientation was good as well and I felt welcomed by my new coworkers.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It's a minimum wage, part-time job. Except they work around your school schedule.