Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.1

Server/Host/Cashier/Bartender Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

If you are a warm body, the job is yours. Went in with a resume, met with a manger on spot and they had a 1 on 1 interview then called later the same day. They tried not to come off as too desperate but the truth is there is a high turnover in restaurants.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

expect at least 4 different interviews. The process takes awhile and they are slow to make a decision

Interview Questions
    There was negotiation for a larger starting salary

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

interviewed with HR person and Area Director.

Interview Questions
    accepted initial offer- because I wanted the position.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

He Asked No Questions. It Was Very Obvious They Were In Desperate Need Of Help. I Regret Taking The Job Now.

Interview Questions
    • None, They Asked No Questions Because They Were Obviously Desperate.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in March 2013.

I have only retail/hotel experience and worked at a panera. i was surprised when he wanted to interview me. the place was like 25 min away. i didnt realize how far it was and was exactly on top instead of 5-10 min early like i prefer. he accused me of being late and i told him im not normally late and he called me a liar. rest of interview was awkward and he went over every detail of my application, which no one usually does. i hate repeating myself. it's like just read it yourself.

then he told me he was trying to hire for days and i am available nights. why would you waste my time. then he told me i would make more there on 3 hr shift then 8/hr at a hotel. this is false. at only $40 in tips a night on a 4 hr shift you would bring home 44 a night 4x a night which is still less than i would get paid at a hotel.

thought he was rude and unprofessional. if he offers me job, i will not take it

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

The interview process was actually quite pleasant. Everyone seemed nice and I didn't even really feel like I was being interviewed at all. I was pretty comfortable and it was nice. The orientation was good as well and I felt welcomed by my new coworkers.

There was no negotiation. It's a minimum wage, part-time job. Except they work around your school schedule.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittston, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittston, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in August 2012.

Very easy interview Process, but the Hiring manager is a lair. He will tell you one thing then do something completely different

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would do if you had a guest complaining about hair in there meal if you saw them place the hair on the plate.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is either take it or leave it. I should have left it.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

I met the kitchen manager through personal networking so our interview was very informal. He asked me no questions, but only had me fill out paperwork and sign a very large stack of forms.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was when my interviewer seemed surprised I attached a resume. He never looked at it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarion, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarion, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

Was interviewed and then called back to come in to do paper work and watch viedos

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in March 2012.

We ask about availability and also the job skills you might have.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the most difficult question I was asked is if I liked the food service business   Answer Question