Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in March 2013.

I have only retail/hotel experience and worked at a panera. i was surprised when he wanted to interview me. the place was like 25 min away. i didnt realize how far it was and was exactly on top instead of 5-10 min early like i prefer. he accused me of being late and i told him im not normally late and he called me a liar. rest of interview was awkward and he went over every detail of my application, which no one usually does. i hate repeating myself. it's like just read it yourself.

then he told me he was trying to hire for days and i am available nights. why would you waste my time. then he told me i would make more there on 3 hr shift then 8/hr at a hotel. this is false. at only $40 in tips a night on a 4 hr shift you would bring home 44 a night 4x a night which is still less than i would get paid at a hotel.

thought he was rude and unprofessional. if he offers me job, i will not take it

Other Interview Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery.

The interview process was actually quite pleasant. Everyone seemed nice and I didn't even really feel like I was being interviewed at all. I was pretty comfortable and it was nice. The orientation was good as well and I felt welcomed by my new coworkers.

There was no negotiation. It's a minimum wage, part-time job. Except they work around your school schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in October 2009.

A friend of mine was working there, and he had the hiring manager interview me once before placing me on the schedule. It was a fun place to work. The staff was very supportive of one another and truly a team. The kitchen staff and managers were great to work with also. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. As with most server positions, the hourly rate is predetermined and tips are the way to increase wages.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in July 2009.

Perkins called me to set up an interview. I met with 1 manager then another the next day. Very typical interview... Why do you want to work here. What do you have to offer. Lots of "what would you do" in a bad guest experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which the guest was unhappy about the food?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in January 2009.

I was told they wouldn't be hiring college aged kids. I informed the manager that although I was college aged, I was not attending college. I also informed her that I did not celebrate major holidays, and had no problems working holidays, nights, weekends, OT, or any other "horrible" work scenarios. I guess I convinced her with my charisma that I would be a good fit.