Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in March 2013.

Interview Details – I have only retail/hotel experience and worked at a panera. i was surprised when he wanted to interview me. the place was like 25 min away. i didnt realize how far it was and was exactly on top instead of 5-10 min early like i prefer. he accused me of being late and i told him im not normally late and he called me a liar. rest of interview was awkward and he went over every detail of my application, which no one usually does. i hate repeating myself. it's like just read it yourself.

then he told me he was trying to hire for days and i am available nights. why would you waste my time. then he told me i would make more there on 3 hr shift then 8/hr at a hotel. this is false. at only $40 in tips a night on a 4 hr shift you would bring home 44 a night 4x a night which is still less than i would get paid at a hotel.

thought he was rude and unprofessional. if he offers me job, i will not take it

Interview Question – Describe a time when you wowed a customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in October 2009.

Interview Details – A friend of mine was working there, and he had the hiring manager interview me once before placing me on the schedule. It was a fun place to work. The staff was very supportive of one another and truly a team. The kitchen staff and managers were great to work with also. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. As with most server positions, the hourly rate is predetermined and tips are the way to increase wages.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was told they wouldn't be hiring college aged kids. I informed the manager that although I was college aged, I was not attending college. I also informed her that I did not celebrate major holidays, and had no problems working holidays, nights, weekends, OT, or any other "horrible" work scenarios. I guess I convinced her with my charisma that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Worked for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery Server interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Perkins Restaurant and Bakery employees and interview candidates.