Perkins & Will

Relevance Date Difficulty

BE Designer I Interview

BE Designer I
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview Details – I was contacted about 3 weeks after applying. Interviewed by the two managers over skype, took about an hour. They were both very friendly and engaging, not a difficult interview at all. Definitely do research before hand to show knowledge of firm.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the BE Design team?   Answer Question

Architect I Interview

Architect I

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview Details – Got response after 3 weeks of initial apply.
I had one online interview following week, which was really really short (less than 15 minutes).
 - 5 minutes of me talking about resume/portfolio - They kinda stopped me while I was going over the works.
 - 10 minutes of them talking their office/projects/benefits

Another 3 weeks to get a job offer phone call + letter.

Designer Interview

Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Perkins & Will in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was okay, it went well not to difficult, people were very generous

Interview Question – what do you think about office design?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Interior Designer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview Details – Group interview. Mostly questions about my experience in previous jobs. Evaluation about my skill set and how my skills could potentially translate to their needs. Thorough walk through of portfolio outlining involvement in past projects.

Interview Question – Put on the spot about getting licensed as a designer and/or architect.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Perkins & Will in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick and easy application process online. After applying, I received and e-mail within the first day setting up a first-round phone interview. The phone interview was easy (it only took about 10 mins) and afterwards I was immediately set up for an appointment to meet in person. There are 2 in person interviews: the first occurs at the office with the hiring manager and then you are sent on-site to one of the company's campaigns to interview with someone else within the company. Both interviews are more informational. They ask you typical questions on previous job experience and your interest in the industry, but other than that it is easy.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1-10 rank yourself on your attitude and work ethic.   Answer Question

Branded Environments Group Interview

Branded Environments Group

Interviewed at Perkins & Will

Interview Details – Interview process went well, talked about my experiences and why I was interested. Had trouble getting in touch with HR after the interview however. Multiple emails and calls went unanswered -- finally received word from team members a month later.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the BE group?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Perkins & Will in April 2009.

Interview Details – two rounds of interviews. first with direct supervisor and office manager, second with all principals. slightly disorganized and informal. Took a long time from start to finish of the process. Primarily a resume-walk-through, few behavioral questions. HR manager was not involved in the interview process.

Interview Question – How do you you plan to change our marketing operation as Marketing Manager? (I was interviewing for a junior, Coordinator position)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none.

Project Architect Interview

Project Architect

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perkins & Will.

Interview Details – Comfortable, informative, enthusiastic. Felt like I was talking to a friend.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Conversational, open to my counteroffer.

Designer Interview

Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Perkins & Will in August 2010.

Interview Details – We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Interview Question – which field are you going to work on?   View Answer

Environmental Graphics Designer Interview

Environmental Graphics Designer
Chicago, IL

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Perkins & Will in October 2010.

Interview Details – First spoke with the department head over the phone. There was no position available for my experience level but they were interested in future possibilities. I offered to stop by for a visit on my next trip and had two following meetings (separate trips, neither on their dime). My last meeting seemed promising in terms of leaning towards an offer, as I was introduced to various team members and given a tour. I never followed up to see if a position was ever made to fit my qualifications and assumed they went in a different direction.

Worked for Perkins & Will? Contribute to the Community!