Perkins & Will Interview Questions

2.5

BE Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Perkins & Will.

I was contacted about 3 weeks after applying. Interviewed by the two managers over skype, took about an hour. They were both very friendly and engaging, not a difficult interview at all. Definitely do research before hand to show knowledge of firm.

Architect I Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Perkins & Will.

Got response after 3 weeks of initial apply.
    I had one online interview following week, which was really really short (less than 15 minutes).
     - 5 minutes of me talking about resume/portfolio - They kinda stopped me while I was going over the works.
     - 10 minutes of them talking their office/projects/benefits

Another 3 weeks to get a job offer phone call + letter.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Perkins & Will.

Group interview. Mostly questions about my experience in previous jobs. Evaluation about my skill set and how my skills could potentially translate to their needs. Thorough walk through of portfolio outlining involvement in past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Put on the spot about getting licensed as a designer and/or architect.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Perkins & Will in December 2013.

The interview was okay, it went well not to difficult, people were very generous

Branded Environments Group Interview

Interview process went well, talked about my experiences and why I was interested. Had trouble getting in touch with HR after the interview however. Multiple emails and calls went unanswered -- finally received word from team members a month later.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Perkins & Will in July 2013.

Very quick and easy application process online. After applying, I received and e-mail within the first day setting up a first-round phone interview. The phone interview was easy (it only took about 10 mins) and afterwards I was immediately set up for an appointment to meet in person. There are 2 in person interviews: the first occurs at the office with the hiring manager and then you are sent on-site to one of the company's campaigns to interview with someone else within the company. Both interviews are more informational. They ask you typical questions on previous job experience and your interest in the industry, but other than that it is easy.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10 rank yourself on your attitude and work ethic.   Answer Question

Project Architect Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perkins & Will.

Comfortable, informative, enthusiastic. Felt like I was talking to a friend.

Interview Questions
    Conversational, open to my counteroffer.

Environmental Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Perkins & Will in October 2010.

First spoke with the department head over the phone. There was no position available for my experience level but they were interested in future possibilities. I offered to stop by for a visit on my next trip and had two following meetings (separate trips, neither on their dime). My last meeting seemed promising in terms of leaning towards an offer, as I was introduced to various team members and given a tour. I never followed up to see if a position was ever made to fit my qualifications and assumed they went in a different direction.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Perkins & Will in August 2010.

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Perkins & Will in April 2009.

two rounds of interviews. first with direct supervisor and office manager, second with all principals. slightly disorganized and informal. Took a long time from start to finish of the process. Primarily a resume-walk-through, few behavioral questions. HR manager was not involved in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you you plan to change our marketing operation as Marketing Manager? (I was interviewing for a junior, Coordinator position)   Answer Question
    there was none.