Perot Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Updated Apr 7, 2014

Senior Integration Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Perot Systems.

Recruiter sets up an initial technical interview on the phone. If the candidate meets the criteria and answers the technical questions, a second in-person interview occurs with 3 to 4 individuals. In some cases, offers are made during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The in-person interview questions were not as in-depth as expected for the role. More was centered around what tools were used.   Answer Question
    An offer letter was presented several days later via email that exceeded my initial expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

two interviews

I had better offer

Internet Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems.

initial screen with recruiter, follow up with technical phone screen, panel interview with multlple team members in a boardroom setting at the client site. panel interview held in an intimidating boardroom setting overlooking a trading floor.

Interview Questions
    • word problem presented and white board offered for problem solving.   Answer Question

Contract Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems.

Here's HUGE tip for those of you who don't have direct experience in this role (aka Coster). The job description is going to sound like it's a heavy hitter M&A role -- working deals, deal structuring, fixed price, variable pricing, unit pricing, blah blah blah. What this job really is is budgeting/forecasting/modeling/financial analysis. That's it. Just estimating. Course, there's a lot to learn in terms all the IT cost components and acronymns etc. but that's easy enough to learn. The folks in these roles like to think that they're heavy hitter deal makers, but they're just model monkeys. It's a great job where you can make some serious cash with just 3-5 years of financial analyst experience -- finance degree is a must (accountants don't get these roles and this is a very clubby group -- used to be 95% male and likely still is).

****************************************************************************
    Recruiter
    -----------
    First interview will be a telephone interview with the recruiter who will be clueless about this role. She (most a likely a she) will be familiar with all the other accounting and finance roles but this one. This is a 'mystery' group to everyone but those who work on deals. All you need to get across to the recruiter is you're competent in accounting and finance, AND you're a heavy hitter type (what I said above) and toss out terms like NPV, IRR, ROI, Risk adjusted pricing, blah blah blah and come off a little bit cocky (confident cocky, not jerk cocky). You'll be a shoe-in for the next round

Team Interview
    --------------------
    This will be 3-5 people comprised of 1-3 future team members in the same role, a supervisor/ manager/ salesperson not in that group but works with the team and anyone unlucky enough to be wandering the halls when they're a person or two short..

Expect a bunch of dumb interview questions. None of these people are likely to be skilled at interviewing. All they are trying to assess is whether they personally like you and if you will fit their team and buy in to the culture (heroics, can-do attitude, whatever-it takes, 24x7, etc.,. go getter, self starter, yada yada). Competency questions are a given.

Hint on Team Fit: every team thinks they are the whackiest, funniest, coolest team around. Without going overboard, be sure to inject some humor and get a few laughs -- shows you're an average Joe or Jane just like them.

More Importantly, get them talking about their roles, their team, the culture culture and display ACTIVE INTEREST in every single thing they say. Parrot back using their themes with your experience and career interests. You'll have them eating out of your hand.

Hiring Manager Interview
    -------------------------------------

You've obviously have gotten a thumbs up at this point and could well be the only candidate in the running have the job as long as you don't dork this interview up.

The hiring manager will have been briefed and will place the most emphasis his/her direct reports' assessment. Hint: those are the people to win over in the team interview. But there could be 1-2 more, but not likely for this role. . Nail these three areas and you're hired.

• Competency (can quickly learn what you don't know), Adaptability (can work with anyone), Work Ethic (whatever it takes)
    • You're going to stick around (two years minimum)
    • Individual performer ( can figure out what to do and how to do it on your own,. i.e.,you're not going to be a whiny pain in the ass)

Realistic salary/bonus expectations is a given.

You're likely to be asked about your career objectives, plans, desires, etc. by the hiring manager which really means are you going to stay in my group? You're answer should be 'My career objective is to have your job when you're promoted to CFO!" or something like that. It says everything he wants to hear plus confirms his own genius.

If during your team interview somebody asks time-honored I'M-AN\-IDIOT interview question"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Say "Celebrating the fifth anniversary of you asking me that question!" (Mitch Hedberg) Then give 'em your canned answer and make a mental note to yourself to make sure that person isn't on team interviews for your hires once you become the manager.

Don't deviate from this script and you'll be bitching about your new job in no time.

Interview Questions
    • This will be scenario question. What would you do in this scenario (customer service or dedication/work ethic). Simple.

But, If asked the best interview question ever "How many piano tuners are their in Chicago" think it through, starting with an estimate of how many households there are in Chicago followed by how many homes have pianos followed by how many are actually played followed by how often a piano needs to be tuned.,.......etc. A perccentage assumption for each and just mentally work throught it. There is no right answer but there is a right process for thinking it through and googling isn't it.

How many
        View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2008.

Overall very good. Detailed questions on LAN switching.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2011.

Overall generic. The objective is to let the interviewee speak as much as possible and the interviewer objective is to listen to identify if there is a fit for a random projects in the pipe line. I was interviewed for some expected projects but later was informed that I was being reassigned to other projects and not what I was initially presented.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Monmouth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Monmouth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2009.

The client with whom I interviewed was a US Army facility which outsourced its staff to PSGS. After a successful interview with the client, the hiring process was administered by PSGS. After reviewing my application, PSGS informed me that my eligibility had to be reviewed because I had previously worked for PSGS at a different client site. Even after several attempts to contact PSGS, I had no further contact with them. I was never officially informed by PSGS whether I was laid-off or fired in 2005. I never knew what led to being "let go" other than "At Will". After filing for UI, the Department of Labor had no reason for termination on file.

Interview Questions
    • How would you migrate systems in a data center that were 24/7 operation to a new location.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perot Systems in March 2009.

Mostly behavioral questions. If you're good at these types of interviews, you will ace it. I, on the other hand, thought I completely blew it. To my surprise they extended an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in May 2008.

Interviewed for a PM job in Houston. It was interesting but involved too much travel for me.

Interview Questions
    • What specific qualifications do you have for this position.   View Answer

Business Systems Analysis Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems in October 2009.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. Then invited in for a panel interview consisting of peers and the hiring manager. There was very little structure to questions or tactics. I was brought in for a final interview with the finance manager (the hiring manager's boss). That interview was basically for negotiaion of salary.

Interview Questions
    Don't be afraid to ask for more, but be prepared to get rejected. They are stingy on salaries and have very tight salary bands. If you don't like the salary at all, then you might be interviewing for a job that is too low of range for you. The recruiter was not helpful because he told me to take the first offer. I negotiated for an extra week of vacation from the finance manager, which the recruiter later said he knew nothing about. After a month of working their I lost my extra week of vacation due a policy change as part of the Dell buyout! With that said, the Dell neg. proces might be totally different.

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!