Perot Systems

29 candidate interviews

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Perot Systems

Interview Details – The hiring process for me was fairly easy as I was referred into the position by a friend who new my work well.

Interview Question – Previous years of experience in outsourcing   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Contract Pricing Specialist Interview

Contract Pricing Specialist
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems.

Interview Details – Here's HUGE tip for those of you who don't have direct experience in this role (aka Coster). The job description is going to sound like it's a heavy hitter M&A role -- working deals, deal structuring, fixed price, variable pricing, unit pricing, blah blah blah. What this job really is is budgeting/forecasting/modeling/financial analysis. That's it. Just estimating. Course, there's a lot to learn in terms all the IT cost components and acronymns etc. but that's easy enough to learn. The folks in these roles like to think that they're heavy hitter deal makers, but they're just model monkeys. It's a great job where you can make some serious cash with just 3-5 years of financial analyst experience -- finance degree is a must (accountants don't get these roles and this is a very clubby group -- used to be 95% male and likely still is).

****************************************************************************
Recruiter
-----------
First interview will be a telephone interview with the recruiter who will be clueless about this role. She (most a likely a she) will be familiar with all the other accounting and finance roles but this one. This is a 'mystery' group to everyone but those who work on deals. All you need to get across to the recruiter is you're competent in accounting and finance, AND you're a heavy hitter type (what I said above) and toss out terms like NPV, IRR, ROI, Risk adjusted pricing, blah blah blah and come off a little bit cocky (confident cocky, not jerk cocky). You'll be a shoe-in for the next round

Team Interview
--------------------
This will be 3-5 people comprised of 1-3 future team members in the same role, a supervisor/ manager/ salesperson not in that group but works with the team and anyone unlucky enough to be wandering the halls when they're a person or two short..

Expect a bunch of dumb interview questions. None of these people are likely to be skilled at interviewing. All they are trying to assess is whether they personally like you and if you will fit their team and buy in to the culture (heroics, can-do attitude, whatever-it takes, 24x7, etc.,. go getter, self starter, yada yada). Competency questions are a given.

Hint on Team Fit: every team thinks they are the whackiest, funniest, coolest team around. Without going overboard, be sure to inject some humor and get a few laughs -- shows you're an average Joe or Jane just like them.

More Importantly, get them talking about their roles, their team, the culture culture and display ACTIVE INTEREST in every single thing they say. Parrot back using their themes with your experience and career interests. You'll have them eating out of your hand.

Hiring Manager Interview
-------------------------------------

You've obviously have gotten a thumbs up at this point and could well be the only candidate in the running have the job as long as you don't dork this interview up.

The hiring manager will have been briefed and will place the most emphasis his/her direct reports' assessment. Hint: those are the people to win over in the team interview. But there could be 1-2 more, but not likely for this role. . Nail these three areas and you're hired.

• Competency (can quickly learn what you don't know), Adaptability (can work with anyone), Work Ethic (whatever it takes)
• You're going to stick around (two years minimum)
• Individual performer ( can figure out what to do and how to do it on your own,. i.e.,you're not going to be a whiny pain in the ass)

Realistic salary/bonus expectations is a given.

You're likely to be asked about your career objectives, plans, desires, etc. by the hiring manager which really means are you going to stay in my group? You're answer should be 'My career objective is to have your job when you're promoted to CFO!" or something like that. It says everything he wants to hear plus confirms his own genius.

If during your team interview somebody asks time-honored I'M-AN\-IDIOT interview question"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Say "Celebrating the fifth anniversary of you asking me that question!" (Mitch Hedberg) Then give 'em your canned answer and make a mental note to yourself to make sure that person isn't on team interviews for your hires once you become the manager.

Don't deviate from this script and you'll be bitching about your new job in no time.

Interview Question – This will be scenario question. What would you do in this scenario (customer service or dedication/work ethic). Simple.

But, If asked the best interview question ever "How many piano tuners are their in Chicago" think it through, starting with an estimate of how many households there are in Chicago followed by how many homes have pianos followed by how many are actually played followed by how often a piano needs to be tuned.,.......etc. A perccentage assumption for each and just mentally work throught it. There is no right answer but there is a right process for thinking it through and googling isn't it.

How many
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2007.

Interview Details – it was a campus recruitment

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – it was ok

Senior Financial Analyst III Interview

Senior Financial Analyst III
Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in October 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. I interviewed with two managers and the Director. The recruiter called me by close of business and made me an offer. Since, I did not have direct experience for the position I applied for, they deducted that I had many intangibles and based their final decision on liking what they heard. Basically, I was just being myself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in Government Consulting?   View Answer

Business Systems Analysis Specialist Interview

Business Systems Analysis Specialist
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. Then invited in for a panel interview consisting of peers and the hiring manager. There was very little structure to questions or tactics. I was brought in for a final interview with the finance manager (the hiring manager's boss). That interview was basically for negotiaion of salary.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to ask for more, but be prepared to get rejected. They are stingy on salaries and have very tight salary bands. If you don't like the salary at all, then you might be interviewing for a job that is too low of range for you. The recruiter was not helpful because he told me to take the first offer. I negotiated for an extra week of vacation from the finance manager, which the recruiter later said he knew nothing about. After a month of working their I lost my extra week of vacation due a policy change as part of the Dell buyout! With that said, the Dell neg. proces might be totally different.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a PM job in Houston. It was interesting but involved too much travel for me.

Interview Question – What specific qualifications do you have for this position.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2008.

Interview Details – Since i applied from college, i was asked to take an aptitude test, technical test and HR round. Aptitude test is very easy. You have be concerned about your speed than difficulty level to clear it. Technical was not at all difficult. HR round is just a confirmation that you meet the quality standard. The aptitude test is the most important - very high cut off, only 10-15% selected.

Interview Question – Why should you be selected?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None encountered as I joined as fresher. Otherwise, as per other people's experience, it is little difficult to make them negotiate on something you agree with. But then it is very case specific. Works just like demand management. If you have what they are in dire need of, you will get what you ask for.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initially asked about my project
then asked few basic questions...

Interview Question – How to track back Subfile record position   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Stamford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed within the same organization I am working for.

Interview Question – Describe the work you are doing currently..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – internal company interview, no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perot Systems

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!