Perot Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Senior Integration Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Perot Systems.

Recruiter sets up an initial technical interview on the phone. If the candidate meets the criteria and answers the technical questions, a second in-person interview occurs with 3 to 4 individuals. In some cases, offers are made during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The in-person interview questions were not as in-depth as expected for the role. More was centered around what tools were used.   Answer Question
    An offer letter was presented several days later via email that exceeded my initial expectation.

two interviews

I had better offer

Internet Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems.

initial screen with recruiter, follow up with technical phone screen, panel interview with multlple team members in a boardroom setting at the client site. panel interview held in an intimidating boardroom setting overlooking a trading floor.

Interview Questions
    • word problem presented and white board offered for problem solving.   Answer Question

Contract Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems.

Here's HUGE tip for those of you who don't have direct experience in this role (aka Coster). The job description is going to sound like it's a heavy hitter M&A role -- working deals, deal structuring, fixed price, variable pricing, unit pricing, blah blah blah. What this job really is is budgeting/forecasting/modeling/financial analysis. That's it. Just estimating. Course, there's a lot to learn in terms all the IT cost components and acronymns etc. but that's easy enough to learn. The folks in these roles like to think that they're heavy hitter deal makers, but they're just model monkeys. It's a great job where you can make some serious cash with just 3-5 years of financial analyst experience -- finance degree is a must (accountants don't get these roles and this is a very clubby group -- used to be 95% male and likely still is).

****************************************************************************
    Recruiter
    -----------
    First interview will be a telephone interview with the recruiter who will be clueless about this role. She (most a likely a she) will be familiar with all the other accounting and finance roles but this one. This is a 'mystery' group to everyone but those who work on deals. All you need to get across to the recruiter is you're competent in accounting and finance, AND you're a heavy hitter type (what I said above) and toss out terms like NPV, IRR, ROI, Risk adjusted pricing, blah blah blah and come off a little bit cocky (confident cocky, not jerk cocky). You'll be a shoe-in for the next round

Team Interview
    --------------------
    This will be 3-5 people comprised of 1-3 future team members in the same role, a supervisor/ manager/ salesperson not in that group but works with the team and anyone unlucky enough to be wandering the halls when they're a person or two short..

Expect a bunch of dumb interview questions. None of these people are likely to be skilled at interviewing. All they are trying to assess is whether they personally like you and if you will fit their team and buy in to the culture (heroics, can-do attitude, whatever-it takes, 24x7, etc.,. go getter, self starter, yada yada). Competency questions are a given.

Hint on Team Fit: every team thinks they are the whackiest, funniest, coolest team around. Without going overboard, be sure to inject some humor and get a few laughs -- shows you're an average Joe or Jane just like them.

More Importantly, get them talking about their roles, their team, the culture culture and display ACTIVE INTEREST in every single thing they say. Parrot back using their themes with your experience and career interests. You'll have them eating out of your hand.

Hiring Manager Interview
    -------------------------------------

You've obviously have gotten a thumbs up at this point and could well be the only candidate in the running have the job as long as you don't dork this interview up.

The hiring manager will have been briefed and will place the most emphasis his/her direct reports' assessment. Hint: those are the people to win over in the team interview. But there could be 1-2 more, but not likely for this role. . Nail these three areas and you're hired.

• Competency (can quickly learn what you don't know), Adaptability (can work with anyone), Work Ethic (whatever it takes)
    • You're going to stick around (two years minimum)
    • Individual performer ( can figure out what to do and how to do it on your own,. i.e.,you're not going to be a whiny pain in the ass)

Realistic salary/bonus expectations is a given.

You're likely to be asked about your career objectives, plans, desires, etc. by the hiring manager which really means are you going to stay in my group? You're answer should be 'My career objective is to have your job when you're promoted to CFO!" or something like that. It says everything he wants to hear plus confirms his own genius.

If during your team interview somebody asks time-honored I'M-AN\-IDIOT interview question"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Say "Celebrating the fifth anniversary of you asking me that question!" (Mitch Hedberg) Then give 'em your canned answer and make a mental note to yourself to make sure that person isn't on team interviews for your hires once you become the manager.

Don't deviate from this script and you'll be bitching about your new job in no time.

Interview Questions
    • This will be scenario question. What would you do in this scenario (customer service or dedication/work ethic). Simple.

But, If asked the best interview question ever "How many piano tuners are their in Chicago" think it through, starting with an estimate of how many households there are in Chicago followed by how many homes have pianos followed by how many are actually played followed by how often a piano needs to be tuned.,.......etc. A perccentage assumption for each and just mentally work throught it. There is no right answer but there is a right process for thinking it through and googling isn't it.

How many
        View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Director Interview

The hiring process for me was fairly easy as I was referred into the position by a friend who new my work well.

Interview Questions
    • Previous years of experience in outsourcing   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2011.

Overall generic. The objective is to let the interviewee speak as much as possible and the interviewer objective is to listen to identify if there is a fit for a random projects in the pipe line. I was interviewed for some expected projects but later was informed that I was being reassigned to other projects and not what I was initially presented.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Perot Systems in September 2010.

The interview was quite in detail and not really brief. Each interview be it phone, in person & in group took about almost an hour. A lot of information was inquired regarding understanding of business and its clients, the importance of it, the skills set on IT tools used in other & existing job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult team member who refuses to work as per the defined policies and does not follow set disciplines and principles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2010.

2-3 round of technical interviews.
    Technical interviews are good (for me it was for J2EE). In interview they will make you feel like there is so much good work. But in my case actual work was of support.
    Prepare to be interviews for multiple projects.

Interview Questions
    Their HR department is miserable for both pre and post hiring support. Here your negotiation skills metters. Don't be in hurry, judge till what extent they require you. If there is an urgent opening and you have some rare skills you can negotiate a fortune otherwise if requirement is not urgent or there are many options available then they can even offer less then you current CTC.

In short do you homework and ready for long negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2010.

Initially asked about my project
    then asked few basic questions...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in April 2010.

I got a call from the HR for a requirement of Sr. Software Developer in JSF.
    I had a technical interview over phone for about 30 min.
    Next day I again got a call from HR for 1:1 interview, which I was not able to attend.

Interview Questions
    • How dou you integrate JSF With Spring or Struts, and which should be chosen between them?   Answer Question

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!