Perot Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Stamford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed within the same organization I am working for.

Interview Question – Describe the work you are doing currently..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – internal company interview, no negotiation.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Software Applications Engineer
Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was in the local Lexington office which is very small. The place is dark and gloomy, looks like there were a lot of people at one point but most have left or have been let go over the years. The staff was not very knowledgeable.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between EJB 2.1 and EJB 3.0?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was very low in the lower 40s and the job role did not have a future. I would recommend to look else where.

Configuration Manager Interview

Configuration Manager
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – Panel Interview first, then a skills interview

Interview Question – Explain SDLC   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior International Tax Specialist Interview

Senior International Tax Specialist
Plano, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2007.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a outside recruiter, who put me in touch with the management team at Perot Systems. I then did a phone interview with the hiring managers. They set up a face-to-face interview shortly afterwards. Since I was living in San Francisco at the time, Perot paid for me to fly down to Plano for the day for the face-to-face interview, and I flew back to California that afternoon.

The interviews themselves were pretty straightforward, where we discussed my background, the position itself, expectations from both sides, and the rest of the tax team. Some technical questions about transfer pricing came up, but nothing overwhelming.

Interview Question – What type of transfer pricing methodoligies have you used in preparing transfer pricing reports.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation time. I was not able to negotiate a higher salary (as the salary that I came in at was at the higher end of the salary band for that position)

Manager Interview

Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Perot Systems in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a former PM that I used to work with for this open position on a new contract. The position was contingent on Perot Systems (PS) winning the contract.

I had to submit my resume to the PS employee. I did this and then was contacted by their HR rep to set up a telephone screening. I did the telephone interview with the recruiter and was qualified for the next stage. I then worked with the PS HR rep to set up an interview with the VP of the division and two other managers.

I felt that the interview was a mix of skills, background, and behavioral styles. It definitely wasn't easy, but it wasn't overly difficult. We seemed to develop a good relationship during the interview and I felt it went very well. It took around 45 minutes.

I was contacted later by the HR rep that they felt that the interview went well and told that I would be contacted by the PS recruiter. I then worked with the PS recruiter to fill out an online application, submit my resume' electronically, complete authorization for a background check and a drug test.

Several days after this and the background check was completed, I received an offer letter from the PS recruiter. The only thing that I had to wait on is if PS would win the contract so the position would become available. PS did win, so then I was contacted by the PS recruiter again and told that I would need to go take a drug test. This paperwork came by courier and I went to do the drug test (had to be completed within 48 hours of receipt). The drug test completion & negative outcome was the last step I had to complete before getting an official start date.

The work site seemed to be good, the people were very friendly that I dealt with, the office seemed modern, and overall it was a positive experience. Every large corporation will likely have the things that they have to do to make sure that they are minimizing risk during the hiring process, though at the time to the prospective employee it can feel like a lot of hoops to jump through. However, I have to think it's worth it.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have working on large and geographically diverse contracts.   Answer Question
  • How would I address not meeting a customer performance requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to state my salary requirements. I was able to negotiate, but I didn't choose to get very intense about it. They met my needs and I felt well treated by Perot Systems' recruiter.

Senior Financial Analyst III Interview

Senior Financial Analyst III
Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in October 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. I interviewed with two managers and the Director. The recruiter called me by close of business and made me an offer. Since, I did not have direct experience for the position I applied for, they deducted that I had many intangibles and based their final decision on liking what they heard. Basically, I was just being myself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in Government Consulting?   View Answer

Unix Administration Interview

Unix Administration
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in February 2007.

Interview Details – The interview went smooth. There was a lot of paperwork to do before hand since it was a position working with a government client. The company worked quickly to get me the drug test paperwork and process everything. Once I had the interview an offer come quickly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe some of my weaknesses   View Answer
  • I was asked various technical questions that I didn't know the answer to, or did know many years ago but had forgotten.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer that I received was very fair for the position I was seeking. I believe the company offers good market rates. I was not willing to negotiate and possibly lose the position when the salary was within my range.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty Simple Hiring Process.

You go through HR round then couple of technical rounds wherein, Team leaders usually take your Technical rounds. After Clearing that you go though 1 or to Management rounds where BU head usually takes your final round.

Interview Question – Why do you wish to change your Job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can Negotiate your salaray. Hr does take time to revert back for negotiations as approvals come from BU.

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Perot Systems

Interview Details – The hiring process for me was fairly easy as I was referred into the position by a friend who new my work well.

Interview Question – Previous years of experience in outsourcing   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Perot Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2-3 round of technical interviews.
Technical interviews are good (for me it was for J2EE). In interview they will make you feel like there is so much good work. But in my case actual work was of support.
Prepare to be interviews for multiple projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Their HR department is miserable for both pre and post hiring support. Here your negotiation skills metters. Don't be in hurry, judge till what extent they require you. If there is an urgent opening and you have some rare skills you can negotiate a fortune otherwise if requirement is not urgent or there are many options available then they can even offer less then you current CTC.

In short do you homework and ready for long negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perot Systems