Perot Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Perot Systems in May 2009.

I was contacted by a former PM that I used to work with for this open position on a new contract. The position was contingent on Perot Systems (PS) winning the contract.

I had to submit my resume to the PS employee. I did this and then was contacted by their HR rep to set up a telephone screening. I did the telephone interview with the recruiter and was qualified for the next stage. I then worked with the PS HR rep to set up an interview with the VP of the division and two other managers.

I felt that the interview was a mix of skills, background, and behavioral styles. It definitely wasn't easy, but it wasn't overly difficult. We seemed to develop a good relationship during the interview and I felt it went very well. It took around 45 minutes.

I was contacted later by the HR rep that they felt that the interview went well and told that I would be contacted by the PS recruiter. I then worked with the PS recruiter to fill out an online application, submit my resume' electronically, complete authorization for a background check and a drug test.

Several days after this and the background check was completed, I received an offer letter from the PS recruiter. The only thing that I had to wait on is if PS would win the contract so the position would become available. PS did win, so then I was contacted by the PS recruiter again and told that I would need to go take a drug test. This paperwork came by courier and I went to do the drug test (had to be completed within 48 hours of receipt). The drug test completion & negative outcome was the last step I had to complete before getting an official start date.

The work site seemed to be good, the people were very friendly that I dealt with, the office seemed modern, and overall it was a positive experience. Every large corporation will likely have the things that they have to do to make sure that they are minimizing risk during the hiring process, though at the time to the prospective employee it can feel like a lot of hoops to jump through. However, I have to think it's worth it.

Interview Questions
    • What experience did I have working on large and geographically diverse contracts.   Answer Question
    • How would I address not meeting a customer performance requirement.   Answer Question
    I was able to state my salary requirements. I was able to negotiate, but I didn't choose to get very intense about it. They met my needs and I felt well treated by Perot Systems' recruiter.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Perot Systems in March 2009.

Mostly behavioral questions. If you're good at these types of interviews, you will ace it. I, on the other hand, thought I completely blew it. To my surprise they extended an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perot Systems in May 2008.

Interviewed for a PM job in Houston. It was interesting but involved too much travel for me.

Interview Questions
    • What specific qualifications do you have for this position.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perot Systems in January 2008.

Overall very good. Detailed questions on LAN switching.

Senior Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Perot Systems in October 2007.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I interviewed with two managers and the Director. The recruiter called me by close of business and made me an offer. Since, I did not have direct experience for the position I applied for, they deducted that I had many intangibles and based their final decision on liking what they heard. Basically, I was just being myself.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Government Consulting?   View Answer

Senior International Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Perot Systems in July 2007.

I found out about the job through a outside recruiter, who put me in touch with the management team at Perot Systems. I then did a phone interview with the hiring managers. They set up a face-to-face interview shortly afterwards. Since I was living in San Francisco at the time, Perot paid for me to fly down to Plano for the day for the face-to-face interview, and I flew back to California that afternoon.

The interviews themselves were pretty straightforward, where we discussed my background, the position itself, expectations from both sides, and the rest of the tax team. Some technical questions about transfer pricing came up, but nothing overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • What type of transfer pricing methodoligies have you used in preparing transfer pricing reports.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation time. I was not able to negotiate a higher salary (as the salary that I came in at was at the higher end of the salary band for that position)

Unix Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perot Systems in February 2007.

The interview went smooth. There was a lot of paperwork to do before hand since it was a position working with a government client. The company worked quickly to get me the drug test paperwork and process everything. Once I had the interview an offer come quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe some of my weaknesses   View Answer
    • I was asked various technical questions that I didn't know the answer to, or did know many years ago but had forgotten.   View Answer
    The offer that I received was very fair for the position I was seeking. I believe the company offers good market rates. I was not willing to negotiate and possibly lose the position when the salary was within my range.

Director Interview

The hiring process for me was fairly easy as I was referred into the position by a friend who new my work well.

Interview Questions
    • Previous years of experience in outsourcing   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perot Systems in April 2011.

1 hour Technical interview based on your profile and 1x1 with the recruiter to check your attitude and how much you can contribute without any training. Looking for candidates who can work with less supervision and take decisions on time to support the business.

Interview Questions
    • Asked whether i will be avail 24/7 support if needed.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Perot Systems in September 2010.

The interview was quite in detail and not really brief. Each interview be it phone, in person & in group took about almost an hour. A lot of information was inquired regarding understanding of business and its clients, the importance of it, the skills set on IT tools used in other & existing job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult team member who refuses to work as per the defined policies and does not follow set disciplines and principles.   Answer Question