Perot Systems Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Perot Systems in May 2009.

I was contacted by a former PM that I used to work with for this open position on a new contract. The position was contingent on Perot Systems (PS) winning the contract.

I had to submit my resume to the PS employee. I did this and then was contacted by their HR rep to set up a telephone screening. I did the telephone interview with the recruiter and was qualified for the next stage. I then worked with the PS HR rep to set up an interview with the VP of the division and two other managers.

I felt that the interview was a mix of skills, background, and behavioral styles. It definitely wasn't easy, but it wasn't overly difficult. We seemed to develop a good relationship during the interview and I felt it went very well. It took around 45 minutes.

I was contacted later by the HR rep that they felt that the interview went well and told that I would be contacted by the PS recruiter. I then worked with the PS recruiter to fill out an online application, submit my resume' electronically, complete authorization for a background check and a drug test.

Several days after this and the background check was completed, I received an offer letter from the PS recruiter. The only thing that I had to wait on is if PS would win the contract so the position would become available. PS did win, so then I was contacted by the PS recruiter again and told that I would need to go take a drug test. This paperwork came by courier and I went to do the drug test (had to be completed within 48 hours of receipt). The drug test completion & negative outcome was the last step I had to complete before getting an official start date.

The work site seemed to be good, the people were very friendly that I dealt with, the office seemed modern, and overall it was a positive experience. Every large corporation will likely have the things that they have to do to make sure that they are minimizing risk during the hiring process, though at the time to the prospective employee it can feel like a lot of hoops to jump through. However, I have to think it's worth it.

Interview Questions
  • What experience did I have working on large and geographically diverse contracts.   Answer Question
  • How would I address not meeting a customer performance requirement.   Answer Question
I was able to state my salary requirements. I was able to negotiate, but I didn't choose to get very intense about it. They met my needs and I felt well treated by Perot Systems' recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for Perot Systems

Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Perot Systems in January 2008.

Internal interview for implementation manager role. Interview was both 1:1 with hiring manager as well as panel inteview. Questions were both behavioral and technical in nature. The role included developing a new team and the interview focused on techniques and starategies to use in fostering a new team, defining roles and responsibilities, motiviating high quality performance and generally getting the best from the tea. In addition, questions were either behavioral or situation focused, ie 'what if...'; 'describe a time when....'

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a project you led failed to meet a requirement? What actions did you take?   View Answer
    Promotion was lateral; no salary negotiations were available

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!