Perrigo

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Support Specialist Interview

Senior Product Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Perrigo.

Interview Details – Very long process. 3 hour interview, with HR, call center coordinator, team leads, and team members. They will ask you why you are fit for this position and ask you to give situations from past jobs to answer questions.
Situation (describe a problem, decision project, etc.)
Task (what were the major tasks facing you)
Action (what did you do)
Result (what were the results of your actions - evaluate the outcome)

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were in a situation where you had to report a good friend at work. What did you do? Why did you do it? How did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR called and offered an hourly rate and asked if I accepted.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Gordonsville, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. First you have a phone interview and you may be selected for a in person interview. In the in person interview you go to interview with 4 different people. Each interview is long. The in person interview took approximately 3 hours.

Interview Question – I do not recall many of the interview questions, only that is was very lengthy   Answer Question

Quality Lab Technician II Interview

Quality Lab Technician II
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in April 2014.

Interview Details – It actually was pretty straight forward, asked about work history and such and talked about what I would be doing and how someone might fit in.

Interview Question – What problem at work did you specifically contribute to and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

SAP Business Analyst Interview

SAP Business Analyst
Allegan, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Perrigo.

Interview Details – This was an internal IT interview - I was already an employee and was being considered for an internal job opening. The process consisted of a presentation before an interview panel, followed by several 1-on-1 interviews with each of the members from the panel.

Each person I interviewed with had thoughtful questions and was very engaged throughout the process. The culture of this group seemed very positive and I was impressed by the experience.

Although the job offer went to a more experienced candidate, I was invited to short follow-up meetings with both the hiring manager and his boss, which was thoughtful.

Interview Question – I can't recall specific questions, but there were not any curve-balls. Each interviewer had their own set of questions.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Project Manager Interview

Regulatory Affairs Project Manager
Allegan, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Perrigo's online employment page asks a lot of the standard questions, including contact information for references. This is the only job I've ever interviewed that all my references were not only contacted, but multiple times with many questions about me. The hiring director for my department performed a pre-interview phone interview before the face-to-face interviews were scheduled. Interviews on campus included 1:1's with directors/VPs of each department mine interacts with, as well as a group interview with all the managers within my group.

Interview Question – "How did you influence a change within your organization, but across groups?" A reasonable question for a matrixed organization. Articulating an answer in professionally acceptable language, and in a realistically efficient timeframe was challenging.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They matched my previous salary, but did negotiate for more vacation than the boilerplate contract (due to my many accrued years in the industry)

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Allegan, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was refered by a former coworker. Shortly after sending him my resume I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an informal phone screen. After that I was brought on-site to interview. I then was brought on-site for two seperate interview dates. The first was just for one interview, the second was two seperate interviews.

Interview Question – The second day of interviews was with value stream directors and plant managers, so the questions ranged a variety of topics. Nothing was too far from the standard situational based questions though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The original offer was generous. I was going for off shift which also included an extra week of vacation and additional shift premium.

Global Manager Interview

Global Manager
Allegan, MI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted relatively shortly thereafter. I interviewed with an HR person on the telephone, and then with the hiring manager before being flown in for an interview with 4 senior managers and the hiring manager. All were very professional.

There were behavioral type questions but generally the interview was informal. Most interviewers seemed very interested about my past experience more so than any prepared questions. It was a very positive experience. I was, however, a bit taken back by the hiring manager’s comments during the telephone and in person interviews about the environment “not being very diverse.” It's obvious once you arrive at the Allegan Headquarter but it wasn’t an issue for me (I am a minority).

I would have taken the job if offered. I think Perrigo is a great company that is on a growth trajectory. The Allegan location appears to be a great work environment, although a bit remotely located.

The interview process very positive but I was a bit disappointed that I heard nothing back after the interview. I assumed that no offer was forthcoming due to their lack of communication

The company did pay a significant amount to fly to Michigan, including hotel, meals, and car rental. Maybe that’s the new corporate America, but I have not interviewed outside of my present employed in many years.

I would recommend that in the future managers keep the diversity issue out of the interview process. It is fairly obvious once you arrive at the Allegan Headquarters, so it does not have to be brought out to applicants. Doing so migh breed suspicion. It wasn't an issue for me but may have been for the hiring manage. I choose not to believe that diversity not a factor in the ultimate hiring process. If it was that is unfortunate.

I would, however, recommend that the company communication with applicant after the interview process if they are not selected. Just an e-mail would be great. Rejected applicant are often you potential future customers! Still a great company though.

Interview Question – I do not recall specific question but the few tha they have were behavioral in nature...tell me a situation when/   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Allegan, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perrigo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Something I noticed formerly but thought I was crazy about... there are a lot of people working there who are kind of ugly. Like a 4 or 5 out of 10. The hostility in their voice in asking obnoxious questions reiterated this too. Eye contact was challenging as a result.

Although, about 10% of employees are exceptions to this rule.

Interview Question – The first question of the interview was "What is your GPA?". Nobody has asked me that for about 2 years, so I found this somewhat repulsive. That should really be asked before the interview if it matters enough to be the first question of the interview. Stupid question. Shows that Perrigo's ideal candidate can appeal to numeric systems of performance metrics over drive and work ethic and value-added results. Deming wouldn't have liked that.

Also, they asked the same question over and over in several different ways. Complete waste.

Felt that the company completely lacked any sense of innovation.

Only interview I've ever had that wasn't a positive experience.
  View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Gordonsville, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Perrigo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received a response back on my application within two days. Phone interview with one person.

Interview Question – Name all of your bad working habits   Answer Question

SAP Business Analyst Interview

SAP Business Analyst
Allegan, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perrigo.

Interview Details – Phone screen with an internal recruiter. Then a phone interview. Then a face to face interview with the leadership team of the department.

Interview Question – What do you think you won't like about this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate an increase in salary and vacation time.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!