Perry Ellis International

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

It was very quick. Probably about 20 minutes. She went through all the questions and we would have conversations about them so it wasnt just a uniform interview. it was enaging! I got told i would go in for a second interview within 3 days. One thing i reccommend is if you get the job sign up for the drug test as soon as you get the email.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about our company?
      Do you help your boss or your customer first?
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied online and got a response within two weeks, got an interview on a Thursday or Friday, and called the manager on Monday at that time I was hired. A date is set for you to fill out the paper work and then you can start.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. examples: Your greatest strength, greatest weakness, what can you bring to the team, etc.   View Answer
    I asked for a couple dollars more than I was offered. I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Retail Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interviewed with over six executives, SVP of Planning, SVP of Sales, VP of Inventory Control and Director of Planning. Had to take an excel test and a retail math test.
    Was called back more than four times. Relocation was offered.

Assistant Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2014.

Scheduled interview always meet multiple people in one visit. Started with the HR person understanding your background and experience. Very relax and casual just like chatting over coffee. And then meet up with 2-3 designers, individually. Mostly relax conversation over your portfolio. If they like you they will start talking about the positions and what they are looking for and ask you to do a project, depending on your portfolio content, they will want to see what they didn't see and that will determine what kind of project they give you. Design assistant do a lot of technical drawings, fabric selection and presentation boards.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, really. They generally ask you question based on your portfolio to understand your design decision process   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question
    1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied online. Had a phone interview with recruiting manager and another interview in person with COO and recruiting manager later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular. They are interested to know your past projects and how you will apply the past experience into current work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in September 2013.

After passing the online survey a manager will call you in to interview. Come professionally dressed and with an eagerness to work. Perry Ellis loves the outgoing personalities, so even if that's not you pretend for the next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask pretty typical questions the hardest is explaining how you handled working with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question
    I ended up getting offered a supervisor position after being interviewed for the sales associate position

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in August 2013.

After application was filed I received an email from the Regional Manager in my area to set up an initial phone interview. After that was completed I was asked to meet for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a situation where I allocated floor space for the brand through negotiation and persuasion.   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Phone Interview by remote regional manager. Second phone interview with national manager and call back by program director.

painless and brief

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied through University system. They quickly responded. Interview was about 20-30 minutes long, mostly questions on my education and experience. No call back, not even to tell me I didn't get the position. This shows poor recruitment process.