Perry Ellis International Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
13 interviews

2.8

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question
    1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Assistant Designer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2014.

Scheduled interview always meet multiple people in one visit. Started with the HR person understanding your background and experience. Very relax and casual just like chatting over coffee. And then meet up with 2-3 designers, individually. Mostly relax conversation over your portfolio. If they like you they will start talking about the positions and what they are looking for and ask you to do a project, depending on your portfolio content, they will want to see what they didn't see and that will determine what kind of project they give you. Design assistant do a lot of technical drawings, fabric selection and presentation boards.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, really. They generally ask you question based on your portfolio to understand your design decision process   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in December 2010.

The hiring process and interview was quick and not complicated at all. People was nice and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • It was not really an unexpected questions. All the questions were pretty common.   Answer Question
    It was not really a negotiation phase since they had a budget to meet.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in August 2013.

After application was filed I received an email from the Regional Manager in my area to set up an initial phone interview. After that was completed I was asked to meet for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a situation where I allocated floor space for the brand through negotiation and persuasion.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in August 2011.

It was very smooth.

The salary.

Fashion Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in January 2013.

applied online was called by HR coordinator about 2 weeks later and had to schedule a phone interview with her. That was 2 days later and she asked me about my past work experiences and what I was looking for and my salary requirements. She was very kind and professional. She told me about the position and who i would report to. I meet with the creative director the next week. She was amazing. We had a good hour long meeting. She gave me a project. I came back and meet with design director and CEO and presented my project to all. I then had to come back meet with SVP and go back another day to meet the CFO and well the process took a good month with 6 interviews in total.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to take this brand forward? Can you deal with constant change with line direction and within company?   Answer Question
    I was called a few days after with an offer over the phone. They told me my salary and my package. There was no negotiating. They dont have much of an onboard system. You pretty much have a one day seminar about the owner and his family and the history and how to use the company software and its so long and boring and pointless to most people. Then you are thrown into the den of wolves.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied online. Had a phone interview with recruiting manager and another interview in person with COO and recruiting manager later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular. They are interested to know your past projects and how you will apply the past experience into current work   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Phone Interview by remote regional manager. Second phone interview with national manager and call back by program director.

painless and brief

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied through University system. They quickly responded. Interview was about 20-30 minutes long, mostly questions on my education and experience. No call back, not even to tell me I didn't get the position. This shows poor recruitment process.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in February 2009.

Grading test, measuring test, and fit session overview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work overtime without getting paid for it.   Answer Question
    Minimal, I needed the job at that time.

Worked for Perry Ellis International? Contribute to the Community!