Perry Ellis International

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.8

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question
    1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in September 2013.

After passing the online survey a manager will call you in to interview. Come professionally dressed and with an eagerness to work. Perry Ellis loves the outgoing personalities, so even if that's not you pretend for the next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask pretty typical questions the hardest is explaining how you handled working with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question
    I ended up getting offered a supervisor position after being interviewed for the sales associate position

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied online and got a response within two weeks, got an interview on a Thursday or Friday, and called the manager on Monday at that time I was hired. A date is set for you to fill out the paper work and then you can start.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. examples: Your greatest strength, greatest weakness, what can you bring to the team, etc.   View Answer
    I asked for a couple dollars more than I was offered. I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Retail Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interviewed with over six executives, SVP of Planning, SVP of Sales, VP of Inventory Control and Director of Planning. Had to take an excel test and a retail math test.
    Was called back more than four times. Relocation was offered.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2010.

Bad communications, three initial interviews. Said they knew the first day they were hiring me, but because of corporate structure did not get back to me for three weeks with no glimpse of communication.

Logistics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2008.

It was a breeze, we recounted my educational background and that was that.

Interview Questions
    i upped the hourly wage up $1, from 8 to 9.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2009.

I enjoyed the fast process! A day after interviewing with the main supervisor I received a call from Human RResources with a job offer. The phone call was more of a formal meet and greet. The one on one interview lasted about thirty minutes and nothing tricky about it.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in June 2011.

Very easy, informal meeting with 4 different people. Was offered the job approximately 4 days later.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in February 2009.

Grading test, measuring test, and fit session overview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work overtime without getting paid for it.   Answer Question
    Minimal, I needed the job at that time.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied through University system. They quickly responded. Interview was about 20-30 minutes long, mostly questions on my education and experience. No call back, not even to tell me I didn't get the position. This shows poor recruitment process.