Perry Ellis International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question
    1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Retail Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interviewed with over six executives, SVP of Planning, SVP of Sales, VP of Inventory Control and Director of Planning. Had to take an excel test and a retail math test.
    Was called back more than four times. Relocation was offered.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied through University system. They quickly responded. Interview was about 20-30 minutes long, mostly questions on my education and experience. No call back, not even to tell me I didn't get the position. This shows poor recruitment process.

Assistant Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2014.

Scheduled interview always meet multiple people in one visit. Started with the HR person understanding your background and experience. Very relax and casual just like chatting over coffee. And then meet up with 2-3 designers, individually. Mostly relax conversation over your portfolio. If they like you they will start talking about the positions and what they are looking for and ask you to do a project, depending on your portfolio content, they will want to see what they didn't see and that will determine what kind of project they give you. Design assistant do a lot of technical drawings, fabric selection and presentation boards.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, really. They generally ask you question based on your portfolio to understand your design decision process   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in June 2011.

Very easy, informal meeting with 4 different people. Was offered the job approximately 4 days later.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Applied online. Had a phone interview with recruiting manager and another interview in person with COO and recruiting manager later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular. They are interested to know your past projects and how you will apply the past experience into current work   Answer Question

Logistics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2008.

It was a breeze, we recounted my educational background and that was that.

Interview Questions
    i upped the hourly wage up $1, from 8 to 9.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in July 2009.

I enjoyed the fast process! A day after interviewing with the main supervisor I received a call from Human RResources with a job offer. The phone call was more of a formal meet and greet. The one on one interview lasted about thirty minutes and nothing tricky about it.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Perry Ellis International in February 2009.

Grading test, measuring test, and fit session overview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work overtime without getting paid for it.   Answer Question
    Minimal, I needed the job at that time.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Phone Interview by remote regional manager. Second phone interview with national manager and call back by program director.

painless and brief

Worked for Perry Ellis International? Contribute to the Community!