Perry Ellis International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the AM and the Store Ops Mgr. They were both asking questions and seemed very interested in what I had to say. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they followed up with me with in a week with interest. But I had to wait about 1 week to speak to the Director of Store because he was on vacation. That was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were common.... Give me an example of this and that   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 face to face interview and one over the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

After passing the online survey a manager will call you in to interview. Come professionally dressed and with an eagerness to work. Perry Ellis loves the outgoing personalities, so even if that's not you pretend for the next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They ask pretty typical questions the hardest is explaining how you handled working with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I ended up getting offered a supervisor position after being interviewed for the sales associate position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

It was very quick. Probably about 20 minutes. She went through all the questions and we would have conversations about them so it wasnt just a uniform interview. it was enaging! I got told i would go in for a second interview within 3 days. One thing i reccommend is if you get the job sign up for the drug test as soon as you get the email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about our company?
      Do you help your boss or your customer first?
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with the direct report. I was asked questions about my experience, prior jobs, customers worked with and computer experience. I was then provided with the job description of the responsibilities, brands involved and customers that
    I would be responsible for. Told how goals are set and sales expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within two weeks, got an interview on a Thursday or Friday, and called the manager on Monday at that time I was hired. A date is set for you to fill out the paper work and then you can start.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. examples: Your greatest strength, greatest weakness, what can you bring to the team, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a couple dollars more than I was offered. I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Retail Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Interviewed with over six executives, SVP of Planning, SVP of Sales, VP of Inventory Control and Director of Planning. Had to take an excel test and a retail math test.
    Was called back more than four times. Relocation was offered.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Bad communications, three initial interviews. Said they knew the first day they were hiring me, but because of corporate structure did not get back to me for three weeks with no glimpse of communication.

Logistics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

It was a breeze, we recounted my educational background and that was that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i upped the hourly wage up $1, from 8 to 9.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

I enjoyed the fast process! A day after interviewing with the main supervisor I received a call from Human RResources with a job offer. The phone call was more of a formal meet and greet. The one on one interview lasted about thirty minutes and nothing tricky about it.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy, informal meeting with 4 different people. Was offered the job approximately 4 days later.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.