Perry Johnson Registrars

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perry Johnson Registrars

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Perry Johnson Registrars in July 2012.

A young, energetic, and pleasant sounding woman contacted me by phone to schedule the interview. The day of, I arrived a few minutes early. Employees frequently walked past the reception area in a hurried and tense manor. The two young gals at the front desk continuously discussed their personal life. The interviewer seemed stressed, as if she had better things to do than deal with me. She was professional, but asked very few question and gave me very little opportunity to speak. The interview was over within 20 minutes; the outcome was obvious.

Interview Questions
    • None. She asked so few questions, and nothing beyond the very routine.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perry Johnson Registrars in January 2011.

I had previously submitted an unsolicited resume to Perry Johnson Registers. Soon after, I was contacted by a representative at PJR regarding an opening within their organization. Within days, I had interviewed with the Executive at PJR regarding the position. The Executive expressed his desire to hire someone with "negotiation" skills - skills which I lacked. Other than that, I either met or exceeded every other qualification/requirement they were seeking in a candidate.

The interview was progressing in a normal fashion until we (myself and the Executive conducting the interview) were rudely interrupted by the Exec's boss who didn't seem to care that a candidate was in the process of interviewing with his company. Essentially, the interview was halted for a good fifteen minutes while the Exec had to perform task requested of his boss. Within those fifteen minutes, I had reviewed my questions as well as the other information related to the company and the position. Of course, I was distracted by the pounding of the keyboard, phone calls, and shuffling of papers. At this point, I felt the interview wasn't going anywhere because of this distraction. The Exec could have requested I wait outside his office, or better yet, re-scheduled the interview for another time. But he didn't.... After all was said and done, the interview had been derailed tremendously to the point where neither of us remembered the last question or previous topic of discussion.

With that said, the interview ended shortly after. In all, I would rate this interview as one of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever had. EVER!!! Even after the follow-up correspondence to the company regarding this and other possible opportunities with this organization, I still have yet to receive a response. Perhaps I would consider this a good thing...

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Perry Johnson Registrars in August 2009.

I called in and answered a posting on Indeed.com. Based only on my voice message, an assistant called me to set up an interview, and requested a copy of my resume. The Executive I interviewed with had me wait almost 45 minutes in the outer office. The interview was very long and rather chaotic (with many interruptions), and the job was not clearly defined, although the Exec mentioned International travel, and many opportunities for growth. The Exec wanted to know if I had a background in athletics, as he felt that athletes were better employees (this was not a sports related-position in any way). I was also ushered in to meet the CEO, who after reading through my email told me stories of his own life and background in psychology and swimming, but did not ask me any questions. The interview lasted about 4 1/2 hours total time including being moved around the office. I was offered the position on the spot, and accepted, since I was currently unemployed at the time.

In retrospect, I regret not taking the "red flags" seriously that were more than evident - a sullen (miserable) work force, a chaotic and confusing interview process, and an undefined job description.

Interview Questions
    I was not permitted to negotiate. A very low base salary was offered. A "stepped/tiered" compensation plan was discussed after I had cleared certain assignments. After the first couple of small tiers were cleared, however, the plan was not adhered to, and I received no other additional compensation.