Pershing

2.7

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pershing in July 2014.

Applied through BNY Career website. Got an email a week later for an interview. I was informed that it will be a one hour discussion with two managers at BNY. Reached on time and expected a fairly non-technical interview. Got into the interview room with 4 people and was asked about 50 technical questions. I might've answered 40 right without having to think. There were a couple that I didn't know the answer to and a few I later realized I got it right.

I contacted the company a week later asking for an update and was informed that they will not be extending an offer. Luckily I have another offer at hand that I will now accept.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly regular technical questions. There was no HR type questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pershing.

Very simple phone interview. All questions were behavioral/fit. Walk me through your resume, why do you want to work at Pershing, why do you want to work in finance, etc. etc. I received an email a month and half later.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, know how to answer behavioral questions and you're fine.   Answer Question

They responded so late. I had the interview in the first week of April and they responded in the middle of May, I had already accepted another offer.

Customer Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pershing.

Applied on website, had one interview with a nice man and a VP on the phone listening in. Took about 2 months to get in the door. Interview was pretty straightforward, I was nervous but it's always nerve-racking getting a new job. I have heard other people had multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview - no curveballs. Manager did all the talking.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pershing in April 2014.

Applied on-line through BNY Mellon website. Received an e-mail about my scheduled interview. Interview asked basic questions for example, describe yourself, have you heard of Pershing company before applying, why did you choose the school you attended, etc. Overall an easy interview just be prepared. I wasn't and it cost me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pershing in February 2014.

Pretty straightforward interview process. Typical questions you would expect. The interviewer seemed professional and liked my interests. It took about two interviews before beginning the training process and they teach you from there. Overall, I like working for the company and I have room to continue to move up the chain.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CEO for a day, what is the first thing you would do differently with the company?   Answer Question

Managed Account Reconciliation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pershing.

Contract position. I landed the interview through a recruiter, apparently applying directly through the BNY Mellon website sends your application into a black hole from which no resume can escape. The department manager and supervisor interviewed me, a second supervisor was unable to make the appointment and a phonescreened with him the next day. They were good guys who knew the candidate they wanted and were direct in their questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the 1985 version of Fiserv's Checkfree APL? That's our main software system.   View Answer
    Pay was already set by recruiter.

Client Service Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pershing.

Interview with Manager in the department then with an HR representative if needed on another day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions differ according to who you interview with so it can range from asking about your 5 yr goals to issues you had at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pershing in July 2013.

Horrible process, false promises, long interview process

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Pershing in January 2013.

Multiple pre-screening phone interviews, 3 video conference interviews

Interview Questions
    • Take me through your process of gathering requirements and tell me what diagrams you use specifically.   Answer Question
    Could not negotiate higher salary, however was able to get extra paid-time-off and a 2 week vacation a week after I started.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pershing.

Applied online and called me about 2 weeks later. Went in for an interview over the phone with corporate recruiters then spoke with a recruiter in the same office that I went to. It has been 3 weeks and still have not heard anything from them after trying to reach out to them.