Persistent Systems (India)

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.5

156 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in January 2015.

Applied via reference. I was supposed to be interviewed for Presales profile, but was interviewed for Lead Generation profile.
    General questions about current profile and target market. There was too much irrelevant discussion.
    Informed the HR about the profile mix-up -she was least bothered.
    Confirm the profile you are being interviewed for & take a printout of the JD for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from the resume.
      Questions regarding existing profile/work
      Questions about profile being hired for.

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Hiring process was smooth with close follow up. Interview was done by senior manager. Though it was brief, questions asked for relevant for position applied and helped assess my experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

I applied through college or university. First there will be a test which is on basic aptitude. In the interview they will ask some basic questions on coding, some HR questions, and some questions related to SW testing.

Interview Questions
    • As i am a non CS student they asked questions like why you are interested in software engineering and what are the latest technologies in software engineering....   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Step1 Persistent Systems Aptitude Test

Placement Paper / Aptitude Test :
    The Test had 60 questions. Duration was 60 minutes.
    45-50 questions on core technical subject like CPP,DS,OS,CN,soft.testing,
    e.g. virtual functions, process synchronization, protocols. testing types (deep)
    Few questions were on quantitative apti & reasoning. subjects like
    speed-time-distance, Time and work ,profit& loss, blood relations. etc.

Step 2 "written test"

Essay Writing
    Topic was-"essay" on 'Indian sport scenario' & 1 code was also there-data structure design of a company.

Step 3 Interview Experience:
    Tech.interview 1:
    1- Major Project (i explained him)
    2- Minor project
    3-Nth largest element in an array
    4-leaf node print
    5-level order traversal
    6-OS basics
    7-Computer Network all layers of OSI and there functionality
    8-DBMS basics
    9-SQL design table person and employee
    Every employee is a person but evry person is not employe
    write query to print salry greater than 5000/-

Step 4: HR ROUND
    basic HR ques.

Step 5: TECH interview 2
    int- tell me about yourself
    me-told

int- which is favorite subject.
    me-cpp and java

int-what is virtual function
    me-explained using example

int- what is virtual destructor
    me-told

int-explain the constructor and destructor flow in inheritance.
    me-told.

int- what is use of mutable keyword in cpp
    me-told( tip:for modifying const data of object)

int-what is join in dbms.

different compilers of c
    SO THAT X RUNS ON WINDOWS
    Y RUNS ON LINUX AND
    Z ON BOTH

I GOT REJECTED

Interview Questions
    • DESIGN A CODE LIKE
      IF YOU HAVE A PGM WITH THREE FUNC LIKE
      X,Y AND Z
      SO THAT X RUNS ON WINDOWS
      Y RUNS ON LINUX AND
      Z ON BOTH

Answer Question

Fresher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

there was a Technical aptitude. those students who cleared the aptitude test had to go through a technical interview. on clearing that another technical interview was taken. some students also went through third technical interview and then an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • they asked basics in all areas of engineering and went deep into coding and logic of problems. puzzles were also asked which were very tough.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Apti was very easy with a good mix of questions from Computer Networks, C, C++, Software Testing,OS. Few questions from Analytical and Quantitative were also there. Next, we had to write a C Program(String reversal, Substring replacement etc). There was a passage writing section too.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

First round was written test
    Second round Technical Interview
    Third round Technical Interview
    Good Amount of question asked in both the technical rounds..
    Then finally HR round.. and when you asked for money they started crying...

Finally said OK to take anything which is as per market standard..

3 Weeks passed no one turned up from HR side.

My question is if that is the case why to take these many rounds and waste time of both the parties.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in October 2014.

First round was the Technical-cum-aptitude test.
    Second round was a 1 on 1 technical interview which according to me was the most difficult stage of the whole process.
    The third round was another 1 on 1 technical interview(it was more of a discussion) which was a test of both problem solving ability and technical knowledge. In this I was asked a lot about my project.
    The fourth round was the final round which was a HR round. I was asked to give a strong reason why I wanted to work for Persistent, my hobbies, my weaknesses, family background, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The HR interviewer asked me my total family income and asked me to convince me that I'll join Persistent after I get the offer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Good ,Professional complete can xpect some coding logic and performance related queries.very good for experinced professionals as u will get to know the mangement alo very good..you can workand enjoy as u like no pressure like do it in time gives ample time and seniors are also cooperative if we r struck inn anyy issues

Interview Questions
    • Mostly will not be asked.they ask like what is u r goal after 5 years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in September 2014.

First is the written test which consisted of 60 questions to be done in 60 minutes. After that there is a 20 min code writing were you have to code a program whose functions and details are given. The last is writing an essay in 10 min on a topic they provide. It's easy as only grammar and spellings are checked in it.

The Interview process consisted of 2 TR and 1 HR round. In both the TR rounds two things were common - puzzles and coding. You need to be good in atleast c/c++ or java and have a good problem solving attitude. Also, you need to have apt knowledge about data structures and software testings. The HR round is mostly formality where they just check your communication skills and make sure you are not planning on leaving the company soon.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation were possible as I was fresher and got recruited through college campus process.