Persistent Systems (India) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.5

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

First round will be test consisting of Multiple choice, a program and a essay.Three rounds after clearing the test.First round is the main round for about one hour mainly about data structures and algorithms.Once cleared a second round discussing the projects and some more data structures questions.Final round will be HR round.

Interview Questions

• Implement a heapsort algorithm. Min-Heap Max-Heap concepts.Exceptions,Strings(Java).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

The interview process took 2 days.
    Day 1:
    Aptitude test- Featured multiple choice questions from various domains like data structures, networks, database, maths etc. Mostly, the questions were related to the engineering syllabus.
    Coding test- In a language of our choice, we were supposed to write the code in a text editor. without compiling the code. I was asked to write a code which would read a C program and delete all the comments in the original code.

For the ones who cleared both these rounds,
    Day 2:
    Personal interview- After introductions, I was asked some basic questions about my final year project. After that, I was given a paper and was asked to write code for simple problems. The interviewer then progressively made changes to the problem statement making it more complex. After that, I was asked some basic questions about databases and was asked to write a couple of sql statements.

After clearing the personal interview,
    HR interview- Since this was a college recruiting process, there were no salary negotiations. The HR interview was similar to an informal conversation which didn't last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties in database?
      This was unexpected as the interviewer asked me this while I was in the middle of writing a C code for a problem he had given.
      The question isn't difficult at all, but it did surprise me.

Answer Question

Application

Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical round and 1 hr interviews. the first technical round was intense and lasted more than an hour. Questions were based on data structures , aptitude test , operating system, networks, database. In the second interview, the questions were more or less based on the technical skills mentioned in the resume and the aptitude test.

Project Manager/Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Went through several phone screens and an on-site interview with client. Felt that the interview process was thorough. The client site was an interesting environment with what appeared to be challenging problems.

Interview Questions

• Was asked by the client to answer some challenging technical questions.   Answer Question

BPM Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in April 2014.

Interview

Got call from consultancy, submitted resume. Received call a day later(They wanted to recruit ASAP). HR scheduled the interview a day later. Interviewed from two people on call, one was Java architect and other I don't know. Question were little technical more on BPM. Cleared it and got offer.

Haha, This is a funny part, the HR asked me to relocate to Ohio for 5 weeks without accommodation. That was insane, who does that.

Application

Interview

First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Java Front End Interview

Application

interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I have applied through the Consultancy. It was an 2 round of interviews through the phone. Basic Java questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For people with 5 or leas years of experience, the company has a technical written test.
    Then there are 2 tech interviews and 1 HR round

Lead Architect/SalesForce.com Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of phone interview 1+ hour long. Both were very technical and very difficult, with questions ranging from SFDC domain knowledge to how-to-implement use case scenarios and about integration. Visualforce, Apex classes syntax and execution related questions.

I was also asked how-to implement data import of from external source that are located on a FTP server. Since I had not implemented this earlier, I was given 15 min to research and submit a solution to analyze my ability to research solutions for unique and technically difficult integration issues.

Advice: prepare hard technically.

Interview Questions

• How would you import csv files into Salesforce from an external source that are kept on a FTP server?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not in this one.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in August 2011.

Interview

4 rounds. first round was apti test and then 2 rounds of technical interview and 1 round of HR. Technical consists all the data structure related question and some people even asked me the some question related to computer networks. you are asked to write the algo on paper and then tell its time and space complexity.

Interview Questions

• Some question on computer networks which were not expected   Answer Question