Persistent Systems (India)

137 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager/Architect Interview

Project Manager/Architect

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview Details – Went through several phone screens and an on-site interview with client. Felt that the interview process was thorough. The client site was an interesting environment with what appeared to be challenging problems.

Interview Question – Was asked by the client to answer some challenging technical questions.   Answer Question

Java Front End Interview

Java Front End
Columbus, OH

I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in October 2013.

Interview Details – I have applied through the Consultancy. It was an 2 round of interviews through the phone. Basic Java questions.

Interview Question – what is an hibernate framework?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in September 2010.

Interview Details – 1 Aptitude and essay test. 3 rounds of interview which includes 2 technical and one HR interview

Interview Question – Difficult question. Needs conceptual clarity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No increment

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview Details – First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Question – None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Very Difficult Interview

Lead Architect/SalesForce.com Senior Developer Interview

Lead Architect/SalesForce.com Senior Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in November 2011.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of phone interview 1+ hour long. Both were very technical and very difficult, with questions ranging from SFDC domain knowledge to how-to-implement use case scenarios and about integration. Visualforce, Apex classes syntax and execution related questions.

I was also asked how-to implement data import of from external source that are located on a FTP server. Since I had not implemented this earlier, I was given 15 min to research and submit a solution to analyze my ability to research solutions for unique and technically difficult integration issues.

Advice: prepare hard technically.

Interview Question – How would you import csv files into Salesforce from an external source that are kept on a FTP server?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not in this one.

Associate Strategist Interview

Associate Strategist
San Jose, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in January 2009.

Interview Details – questions were based on technical background and personality

Interview Question – Asked to create a proposal for a random company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to get a better deal and u would get it

Automation Engineer Interview

Automation Engineer
San Jose, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in March 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting the resume, there was telephonic interview during which basic questions about shell scripting were asked. It was asked if I knew Connect Direct NDM and Informatica.
Once telephonic was cleared, I was called for 1:1.
3 interviews were taken by different people.
Questions were mostly about Unix commands, shell scripting, NDM scripting, writing autosys jobs, basic Oracle, SQL server knowledge and problem solving.

Interview Question – Write a file watcher in BASH, which watches for a dump that comes from another server through NDM?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in June 2014.

Interview Details – I have attended interview in Bangalore office 1Telephonic discussion 2: F2F technical discussion though it was video confrencing from Pune branch,since enough interviewers were not available on weekend 3:HR discussion. HR asked about my documents for verification and they also said that that 1 more client round remain for ANZ which would be telephonic but next day afternoon on weekday I got call from HR to attend F2F round for client on same day evening 5pm. I could not attend it in such a short notice. I have asked to reschedule it sometime later but then no reply from HR of my repeated calls and emails.

Interview Question – interview questions were common java questions from core java, spring and hibernate, caching and security related.   Answer Question

Madgaon (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Aptitude as well as Technical Objective Round
Two Technical Interviews of about 1.5 hours each
Finally HR interview for 10 minutes
First Technical included basics about Computer Science and also some logical puzzles and number series questions. Second interview was totally driven by data structures, object orientation etc.

Interview Question – Implementing tree concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Interview

Software
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was a campus placement drive. Recruitment process included online Aptitude test, Online Programing test and Essay writing. After which shortlisted people were grilled for 2 rounds of Technical Interviews and Final HR Interview.

Interview Question – Questions were asked on OOPS concepts, Database concepts as well as Operating system concepts. We were asked to write at least 1-2 programs per technical interview in any language of our choice.   View Answer

Worked for Persistent Systems (India)? Contribute to the Community!