Persistent Systems (India) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.4

Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

good technical question, hard core technical people, stress on Data structure and algorithm. Asked a lot about sorting, searching, compiler designing. multiple panel interview process. HR interview is just for formality. They usually take 2 to 3 rounds of technical interview with written test.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Bloomington, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

First it was an online test with 90 questions and 1.5 hours. Then a Skype interview was scheduled. Questions asked were mostly about project work done in previous companies and prior experience.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk-through and why study masters after experience   1 Answer

Senior Computer Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process. There was telephonic and in person interview as well. They did all the background check and immigration process etc. Immigration dept is very slow. HR in US is very good and courteous. A good company to START WITH.

Application

Interview

First round will be test consisting of Multiple choice, a program and a essay.Three rounds after clearing the test.First round is the main round for about one hour mainly about data structures and algorithms.Once cleared a second round discussing the projects and some more data structures questions.Final round will be HR round.

Interview Questions

• Implement a heapsort algorithm. Min-Heap Max-Heap concepts.Exceptions,Strings(Java).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

The interview process took 2 days. Day 1: Aptitude test- Featured multiple choice questions from various domains like data structures, networks, database, maths etc. Mostly, the questions were related to the engineering syllabus. Coding test- In a language of our choice, we were supposed to write the code in a text editor. without compiling the code. I was asked to write a code which would read a C program and delete all the comments in the original code. For the ones who cleared both these rounds, Day 2: Personal interview- After introductions, I was asked some basic questions about my final year project. After that, I was given a paper and was asked to write code for simple problems. The interviewer then progressively made changes to the problem statement making it more complex. After that, I was asked some basic questions about databases and was asked to write a couple of sql statements. After clearing the personal interview, HR interview- Since this was a college recruiting process, there were no salary negotiations. The HR interview was similar to an informal conversation which didn't last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties in database? This was unexpected as the interviewer asked me this while I was in the middle of writing a C code for a problem he had given. The question isn't difficult at all, but it did surprise me.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical round and 1 hr interviews. the first technical round was intense and lasted more than an hour. Questions were based on data structures , aptitude test , operating system, networks, database. In the second interview, the questions were more or less based on the technical skills mentioned in the resume and the aptitude test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Went through several phone screens and an on-site interview with client. Felt that the interview process was thorough. The client site was an interesting environment with what appeared to be challenging problems.

Interview Questions

• Was asked by the client to answer some challenging technical questions.   Answer Question

BPM Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in April 2014.

Interview

Got call from consultancy, submitted resume. Received call a day later(They wanted to recruit ASAP). HR scheduled the interview a day later. Interviewed from two people on call, one was Java architect and other I don't know. Question were little technical more on BPM. Cleared it and got offer.

Haha, This is a funny part, the HR asked me to relocate to Ohio for 5 weeks without accommodation. That was insane, who does that.

Application

Interview

First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Java Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I have applied through the Consultancy. It was an 2 round of interviews through the phone. Basic Java questions.