Persistent Systems (India) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

The interview process took 2 days.
Day 1:
Aptitude test- Featured multiple choice questions from various domains like data structures, networks, database, maths etc. Mostly, the questions were related to the engineering syllabus.
Coding test- In a language of our choice, we were supposed to write the code in a text editor. without compiling the code. I was asked to write a code which would read a C program and delete all the comments in the original code.

For the ones who cleared both these rounds,
Day 2:
Personal interview- After introductions, I was asked some basic questions about my final year project. After that, I was given a paper and was asked to write code for simple problems. The interviewer then progressively made changes to the problem statement making it more complex. After that, I was asked some basic questions about databases and was asked to write a couple of sql statements.

After clearing the personal interview,
HR interview- Since this was a college recruiting process, there were no salary negotiations. The HR interview was similar to an informal conversation which didn't last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties in database?
    This was unexpected as the interviewer asked me this while I was in the middle of writing a C code for a problem he had given.
    The question isn't difficult at all, but it did surprise me.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Persistent Systems (India)

Application

Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical round and 1 hr interviews. the first technical round was intense and lasted more than an hour. Questions were based on data structures , aptitude test , operating system, networks, database. In the second interview, the questions were more or less based on the technical skills mentioned in the resume and the aptitude test.

Application

Interview

First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in September 2010.

Interview

1 Aptitude and essay test. 3 rounds of interview which includes 2 technical and one HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No increment

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Bizarre aptitude test for a fresher. Completely unexpected. Few questions were wrong too. I pointed it out to the supervisor. He accepted the question was wrong. Apparently nothing was done about it.

Interview Questions

• Mostly software testing and general aptitude questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Two technical rounds.They test you on everything you've learnt right from the start of your engineering up to your BE project.Prepare BE project carefully and be clear about your role in the project.They may ask you to also write some code which you have learnt in the second or third year.

Application

Interview

Interview through campus, they also called in company premises, entire day was the process.
    They took 3 technical rounds and one HR round.
    All data structures and algorithms questions, as well as English questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was the Technical-cum-aptitude test.
    Second round was a 1 on 1 technical interview which according to me was the most difficult stage of the whole process.
    The third round was another 1 on 1 technical interview(it was more of a discussion) which was a test of both problem solving ability and technical knowledge. In this I was asked a lot about my project.
    The fourth round was the final round which was a HR round. I was asked to give a strong reason why I wanted to work for Persistent, my hobbies, my weaknesses, family background, etc.

Interview Questions

• The HR interviewer asked me my total family income and asked me to convince me that I'll join Persistent after I get the offer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good ,Professional complete can xpect some coding logic and performance related queries.very good for experinced professionals as u will get to know the mangement alo very good..you can workand enjoy as u like no pressure like do it in time gives ample time and seniors are also cooperative if we r struck inn anyy issues

Interview Questions

• Mostly will not be asked.they ask like what is u r goal after 5 years   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

1. Pre-placement talk.
    2. Online aptitude test.
    3. 2 Technical rounds.
    4. 1 HR round.
    Online test containing quantitative, technical questions based on basic CPP, Java, DBMS and C. also a programme on removing c lang. Comments from source file. A paragraph was to be written on given topic. In around 1.30 hr.
            Technical rounds based on CPP concepts, linked lists, DBMS basic c like what is preprocessing in c.