Pervasive Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pervasive Software in April 2012.

Interview Details – staffing interview, phone interview, in person interview - It was overkill to go through 3 rounds to get the job when it was pretty entry level. The overall process was not hard but it was long and I think it could have been shortened up. I'm sure they have their reasons for the length

Interview Question – they were all pretty straight forward - nothing too hard or out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - it was take it or leave it

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pervasive Software.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews with sales managers and sales director. After the first round or two of interviews, presentation to the broader sales mgr/sales director team.

Interview Question – I can't recall anything too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was open and honest. The sales director personally texted me going into the weekend to see what I thought about what they had come back with.

Project/Product Manager Interview

Project/Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pervasive Software.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone Interview by the manager I would directly report to. I was then called back and asked to come in for back-to-back personal interviews with 5 others in the same department with various leadership roles.

Engineering Consultant Interview

Engineering Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Pervasive Software.

Interview Details – At time, they need people real quickly so there were 5 people interviewed me plus a phone interview.

It was really lay back not stressful.

Interview Question – Have you thinking about how to manage a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have a chance to negotiation

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Enterprise Account Executive
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pervasive Software in February 2013.

Interview Details – The process was an application, personality test, phone interview with manager, technical phone interview, and then a business presentation.

Interview Question – Explain Integration and Big Data   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said no negotiation, but I later found out that many did.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pervasive Software in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewees are asked to prepare a custom presentation detailing how one would sell the Pervasive product; little direction is given which - honestly - is a good test for the candidate for a variety of reasons. This can be a PowerPoint, Slide Rocket or whatever else a candidate dreams up.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself here in 3 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pervasive Software in December 2009.

Interview Details – Detailed, Interviewed by 5 people, with an accompanying 20 minute presentation

Negotiation Details – Salary, Guaranteed Compensation for 3 months. Be open and have reasons for negotiation.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pervasive Software in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by the manager of client services. He was very pleasant and had a lot to share about the company and the role in general. I had a second phone interview with a technical lead. That interview was specifically about my technical abilities. One small disappointment was that job description appeared to be written like any other "sales" engineer or pre-sales position but when I was interviewed by the technical lead, she seemed to want someone with more of a developer and scripting background. Had I known that was a requirement, I may not have applied. I assued the job would be more like doing technical presenations and demos, but it ended up sounding more like pre and post sales implementation support. Good overall experience, I just wish the posted description would have better matched the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with scripting languages.   View Answer
  • There were actually not a lot of questions in the interview. We spoke extensively about the organizational structure and how a systems engineer gets trained at the company, etc.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pervasive Software in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was bright, enthusiastic and personable. Everything seemed to click extremely well. The job was perfect for me and I was more than qualified for the job. The interviewer expressed some concern about me being "over-qualified". I didn't have a good reply at the time so I followed up later that day with an email that covered several reasons for hiring over-qualified people including "would you rather have your competitors hire the over-qualified applicants"?

Not only did I not get the job, the interviewer wont even return my phone calls. <sigh>

Interview Question – Aren't you over-qualified?   View Answer

Sales/Business Development Interview

Sales/Business Development
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pervasive Software in June 2009.

Interview Details – I scored this interview through a staffing agency (My contact there seemed to place her clients interest before mine) , she gave me a personality test. Then said she didn't know where I would fit in since they are only looking for individuals with LESS than one year sales experience.
 Then set me up with an interview with 4 different representatives (different departments) from Pervasive, this took 2 1/2 hours.
Guy # 1 seemed laid back , explained things to me. Was amicable.
Guy #2 was asking more questions and was all business.
Guy #3 was an ass, very inconsiderate. No sense of humor. Terrible time all together.
Guy #4 was very young and didn't quite know what he was doing...It felt very canned.

In conclusion, I didn't follow up with any of them because I left with a bad feeling. I felt like 3 out of 4 of the interviews were in bad moods, probably because they didn't like their jobs. I was overqualified for the position anyway and am looking at positions paying 2-3 times more.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last employer?   View Answer

Worked for Pervasive Software? Contribute to the Community!