Pet Food Express

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pet Food Express.

Went through 2 different group interviews before I got the job. They asked normal questions to best figure out who you are as a person. Interview was fairly easy, especially when you were given the opportunity to talk about yourself! The company looks for bright, energetic, approachable people; if you don't fit any of these, don't try and fake it... they will soon figure it out once you start working there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pet Food Express in April 2012.

I file the job application on their website, got a call from Group Manager in 2 days. Then We set up 1:1 interview with her in 3 days. The interview was easy, more or less like chatting with friends for me. We talked about past work experience, and what kind of pet experience you have. She also asked about what's expectations and sample would I set for employees. Anyways, its was a really easy and comfortable interview for me, a very pleasant experience. Then I got a call from the other group manager the very next day. He set up another 1:1 interview with me the next week. It went pretty good as well, again its like chatting and telling my stories and experience. Then I got another interview with District Manager in after 3 weeks. That took a long time to wait, I almost thought I didn't get the job. Its turns out that the DM was on vacation XD. So, I went to their HQ in Oakland, for the last interview with the DM, again it is overall are very easy going conversations during the whole interview. They are all very friendly and lay back. I got the job offer within in a week, they called me and told me which store will I be working and also the hourly rate.

Overall, I'd say it was a very pleasant experience for me through out the interview process. I would only say, it took a bit long for me, since the DM was on vacation, but the 2 GMs who interviewed me, they constantly keep me in touch every week, and make sure I knew that I was still on the list. However, I got the job as Assistant Store Manager instead of Store Manager, which I am still very happy about it. I know I didn't have much experience in Management, was never in Manager position, so I think assistant manager would be a good approach for me.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pet Food Express in October 2011.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then was brought in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. At the time of the interview, they weren’t hiring immediately, but would be in the near future. They called me back about 3 weeks later for a 2nd interview-this time with the District Manager. This is the point where I declined, so I’m not sure what else was involved in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They questions were all very normal interview questions.   Answer Question

I was offered a better job elsewhere before they called me for a 2nd interview.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pet Food Express in June 2011.

Applied got called in for an interview. Went to interview, they asked basic questions took maybe 20-30mins. Got called in a few days and was offered the job.

Team Member Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pet Food Express in June 2010.

I emailed them with my application as I was told to do on their website, and I recieved a response within a few days. I came in for an interview and two women intervied me. I was extremely happy and I had a definite positive energy because I really wanted to work there. However, the two women who interviewed me asked me questions with the most lifeless expressions I have ever encountered in an interview. They weren't very nice either, they talked to me as if I was an idiot and once it was over they told me to keep checking their Facebook page for openings. I was offended by this statement and not only did they miss out on having me as an employee, but they also lost a customer as well. As a side note, they also made it seem as if you needed to be a vet just to get the job. It was just an overal horrible interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what tasks you carried out at your previous employer.   Answer Question