Pet Supermarket Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

1.9

Sales Lead Interview

Questions are focused around knowledge of animals and retail experience. Asked if you are able to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Asked if you have any experience with animals of your own. You have to take a personality test that helps predict whether or not you would be a good match for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of you going above and beyond to help out a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pet Supermarket.

easy most smart people will get it. just smile and have lots of animal expierence. they were nice at first untill you get the job. then they expect way more from you.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pet Supermarket in November 2014.

Interview process took a while. The person giving the interview was very pleasant. I left with a really good feeling about the interview. Since then I have gone on my own personal time for a drug screen. I communicated to the District Manager that I had done so. It has been more than a week. I know that my drug screen is okay, but I have not had communication with them since. I wish that they would communicate more with me so that I know where I stand in their interview process. Even if it was to tell me they went another direction, I would simply like to know. I also really was hoping to get the job. I am currently employed have little time to interview so it would be nice to know if I needed to keep putting out resumes or not.

Interview Questions
    • Basic
      TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF.
      WHY PET SUPERMARKET?
      DO YOU FIND IT EASY TO TALK TO OTHERS?

Answer Question
    • Be ready to take a basic aptitude test.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pet Supermarket.

Process took 2 months. Interview was easy. Interviewed with Regional Manager. Interview room was their stock room and it was disgusting. Disgusting then, disgusting now. I was not going to accept the job but I need to pay bills. This was a start. Your documentation is not safe. Manager is disorganized and often leaves social sec numbers out in the open for everyone to see. I cant wait to get a better job. I applied online but had to be very persistent. Managers came and went in the 2 months it took to finally start the job. If you dont care about animals this is the place for you because a lot of people dont care either and they get paid and dont get reprimanded.

Interview Questions
    You stuck with minimum wage. 8 bucks even if you have experience and bachelors degree.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I was directed to a broom closet and sat at what I can only imagine is the kids' table from every Thanksgiving anyone's ever been to. Once there, I was told to start filling out three stacks of paperwork alongside two other young people who were desperate for work. One by one we were called out of the closet and the manager would lead us about three feet out the door and give us a spitfire interview while we just stood in the middle of the sales floor. The total time elapsed from entry to exit was about ten minutes, nine-and-a-half minutes of which was spent filling in paperwork.

Fish Department Interview

very simple. Owning animals help. Dress well, but a suit might be over kill. It is a good idea to study up on other animals other than the ones you have. The store do not typically sell dogs but make a good living off its products. Product knowledge is great too because vendors often partner with the stores. The bonus structure is nice too since they actual cut everyone in.

Interview Questions
    • vet stuff but not too essential customer service is key   Answer Question
    I was in college and had a bit more experience so asked for .50 more. The managers are usually very nice and friendly people.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supermarket.

I was called by their in house recruiter took a personality index online and then did a phone interview with her. Went for interview with a store manager filled out paperwork took drug screen came back took wonderlic test administered by Dm. The process is a bit long and should be streamlined.

Interview Questions
    They don't negiotiate they have set rates of pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supermarket in June 2013.

I interviewed with someone I knew so it was much easier for me. Questions were simple and expected for the most part. I felt it was pretty casual, it was just in the back of the store with other employees walking around. Nothing particularly outstanding about my experience interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to reach a goal.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland Park, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pet Supermarket in March 2013.

Applied with resume and application. Took a personality test. Manager called in 2 days to come in for an interview. After interview told me the quicker I take the drug test and pass the quicker I can start working. I started working.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pet Supermarket.

1st phone interview with corporate HR rep. 2nd with district manager and store manager. They used a standard interview form. You then are given a pass or fail personality test. Then a wonderlic assessment. Next is a background and drug test. The whole process takes 3 to 4 weeks.

none. Told the salary and the bonus potential