Pet Supermarket

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland Park, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied with resume and application. Took a personality test. Manager called in 2 days to come in for an interview. After interview told me the quicker I take the drug test and pass the quicker I can start working. I started working.

Interview Question – What would you do for this company?   Answer Question

Mobile, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pet Supermarket.

Interview Details – I was called by their in house recruiter took a personality index online and then did a phone interview with her. Went for interview with a store manager filled out paperwork took drug screen came back took wonderlic test administered by Dm. The process is a bit long and should be streamlined.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negiotiate they have set rates of pay.

Sales Clerk Interview

Sales Clerk
Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in February 2011.

Interview Details – they ask u a lot of cool questions like where do u see yourself in 5 yrs . to try and see how u fit in the company and get to know u its very cool .

Interview Question – all the questions were very straight forward and it was a very enjoyable experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the pay and benefits were awesome like free dog or cat food 401 k they just tell u about all these great things to expect ...

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application..recieved a call from store manager to come in to fill out a paper application. Then a interview was set for the next day at 3pm..It went very well the store manager was nice and towards the end I had to fill out a P.I. on how I view my self and how I would expect others to view me..The interview process and hiring proces took anbout a week.

Negotiation Details – None .minimum wage

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
South Lake Tahoe, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing & hiring was fine

Interview Question – what would you do if you saw a co-worker mistreating a pet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of any kind. Take or leave the salry & hour offered

Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pet Supermarket.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview with corporate HR rep. 2nd with district manager and store manager. They used a standard interview form. You then are given a pass or fail personality test. Then a wonderlic assessment. Next is a background and drug test. The whole process takes 3 to 4 weeks.

Negotiation Details – none. Told the salary and the bonus potential

Boynton Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty chill. They pretty much ask you personal life questions, like for example: "Do you go to school? What do you do on your spare time? etc." Then they ask you what you will bring to the company if you work there. It's all up to you on what you say. Also, make sure that you look professional. Yes, it's a retail store, but you want to look like you REALLY want to be there!

Interview Question – What are you going to bring to the company, if I hire you today?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty cool, just pass the drug test, which you'll have to sit and wait for maybe an hour to go through; and you'll be in. There's really nothing to it.

Tampa, FL

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple, applied online to the general vacancy within the Tampa Bay area and received a phone call from the Lutz and Brandon location. Interviewed with Lutz location and the store manager seemed pretty knowledgeable. Store itself just opened so it was slow in foot traffic which is kinda off considering the disposable income of Lutz residents. Called today and found out, they didnt want me because of the answers to my QI test. Who knows what are the general standards to that test.....or because the job market is so horrendous they will find any excuse to not hire anyone.

Interview Question – What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Hialeah, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in March 2012.

Interview Details – The store that I went to was pretty busy with many customers and only two employees, the manager and a cashier/sales associate. The manager called me in for an interview at 3:00PM and I showed up at 2:40PM since its always good to be early for an interview instead of on time or late. When I walked into the store the manger was on a cash register helping customers and couldnt interview me for 40 minutes after I got there so I had to walk around looking at the store to kill time. The interview was conducted in a storage area of the store that had poop on the floor and a bunch of boxes. The questions that were asked were pretty general like what place do you like to shop? what place do you hate to shop? why do you want to work for pet supermarket?. The experience wasnt very enjoyable having to wait around 40+ minutes to be interviews and conducting an interview in a storage room was very unprofessional. It didnt look like the store had a break room for the associates either since my interview was conducted in the storage room so I assume that the associates have to eat their lunch/food by a cash register or in the storage room.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The manager said that they only pay associates $7.65 an hour, and those with previous sales experience might only get up to $7.87. The working conditions were really dirty and the associates did not have any area to eat lunch or take a break. It was also very unprofessional that the store manager couldnt stop attending the customers with another associate in the store to conduct my interview, I had been waiting 40+ minutes in the store wearing a suit for an interview.

Hialeah, FL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pet Supermarket in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got called by the store manager for an interview and was interviewed by another manager who was getting his own store. Didn't ask me any questions just had to fill out alot of paperwork. Was told I pretty much got the job just because I was in the army..

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pet Supermarket

Worked for Pet Supermarket? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pet Supermarket interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pet Supermarket employees and interview candidates.