Pet Supermarket Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.8

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pet Supermarket (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Took less than 24 hours to get a call for the interview. The interview was basic easy questions like how to help a customer who has a puppy, any previous animal experience, and 3 keys things you always have to remember. The manager was super nice and then send me a personality assessment, but after that they never contacted me.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a co-worker or customer is stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I started out by stopping by the store weekly, and talking to the associates and manager and befriending them. I would ask about them hiring, and I went ahead and sent in my application online. Eventually, a position came open, and I was called in for an interview. I had to take an email survey before the in-person interview, but it was really easy. Once at the store for the interview, I met one on one with the manager, and we went into the stockroom/employee room and had a basic interview. There were the basic questions, and more pet-oriented questions, which should be a breeze if you're passionate about animals.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came into the store and wanted to buy a rabbit (or other animal), what products would you recommend to them for a starter kit?   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Interview

Questions are focused around knowledge of animals and retail experience. Asked if you are able to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Asked if you have any experience with animals of your own. You have to take a personality test that helps predict whether or not you would be a good match for the company.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of you going above and beyond to help out a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pet Supermarket.

Interview

easy most smart people will get it. just smile and have lots of animal expierence. they were nice at first untill you get the job. then they expect way more from you.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Mobile, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process took a while. The person giving the interview was very pleasant. I left with a really good feeling about the interview. Since then I have gone on my own personal time for a drug screen. I communicated to the District Manager that I had done so. It has been more than a week. I know that my drug screen is okay, but I have not had communication with them since. I wish that they would communicate more with me so that I know where I stand in their interview process. Even if it was to tell me they went another direction, I would simply like to know. I also really was hoping to get the job. I am currently employed have little time to interview so it would be nice to know if I needed to keep putting out resumes or not.

Interview Questions

• Basic
      TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF.
      WHY PET SUPERMARKET?
      DO YOU FIND IT EASY TO TALK TO OTHERS?

Answer Question
    • Be ready to take a basic aptitude test.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pet Supermarket (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

Process took 2 months. Interview was easy. Interviewed with Regional Manager. Interview room was their stock room and it was disgusting. Disgusting then, disgusting now. I was not going to accept the job but I need to pay bills. This was a start. Your documentation is not safe. Manager is disorganized and often leaves social sec numbers out in the open for everyone to see. I cant wait to get a better job. I applied online but had to be very persistent. Managers came and went in the 2 months it took to finally start the job. If you dont care about animals this is the place for you because a lot of people dont care either and they get paid and dont get reprimanded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You stuck with minimum wage. 8 bucks even if you have experience and bachelors degree.

Interview

I was directed to a broom closet and sat at what I can only imagine is the kids' table from every Thanksgiving anyone's ever been to. Once there, I was told to start filling out three stacks of paperwork alongside two other young people who were desperate for work. One by one we were called out of the closet and the manager would lead us about three feet out the door and give us a spitfire interview while we just stood in the middle of the sales floor. The total time elapsed from entry to exit was about ten minutes, nine-and-a-half minutes of which was spent filling in paperwork.

Interview Questions

• 'Why would you want to work here?'   1 Answer

Fish Department Interview

Interview

very simple. Owning animals help. Dress well, but a suit might be over kill. It is a good idea to study up on other animals other than the ones you have. The store do not typically sell dogs but make a good living off its products. Product knowledge is great too because vendors often partner with the stores. The bonus structure is nice too since they actual cut everyone in.

Interview Questions

• vet stuff but not too essential customer service is key   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was in college and had a bit more experience so asked for .50 more. The managers are usually very nice and friendly people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pet Supermarket (North Fort Myers, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager was very easy going. I felt very comfortable during the interview. No tricky questions were asked. The manager did ask if I had any pets, and asked if I had any experience with dogs or cats. They just really want you to be yourself and be open to learning new things.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supermarket (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I was called by their in house recruiter took a personality index online and then did a phone interview with her. Went for interview with a store manager filled out paperwork took drug screen came back took wonderlic test administered by Dm. The process is a bit long and should be streamlined.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negiotiate they have set rates of pay.