Pet Supplies Plus Interview Questions

2.2

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in August 2014.

I was contacted by a head hunter for the company which was a 2 hour phone interview that I passed next was another phone interview with the business partner. The final step was with the district manager who made it painfully obvious he was not interested in what I had to offer. I later found out it was because of the company I come from which is Target. I was blown away from the waste of time and discrimination these people put me through.

Store Manager/Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in March 2014.

Manager asked me my experience managing staff, especially college students. He told me about the company and the position. That's about it.

Store Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in November 2013.

I applied for the position online, and was called about 3 weeks after doing so. I got called in to do an interview, which was the most unprofessional experience I have ever been to. We were standing up the whole time, and one of the interviewers halfway through. The questions were ridiculous, and the interviewer who stayed put asked the questions from a sheet that he had over his face, so he wasn't even making eye contact with me. They asked questions that you would only have known if you already started working there (they did not specify that you needed pet knowledge prior to being hired, and even when I have been there as a customer, the sales people had no idea how to help me, so there is obviously not a good training period either). By the end of the interview the manager who left came back in and said "did I miss anything?". Yes you did, my whole interview. The bottom line is that the people were miserable and unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Some "for instance" questions were asked, but he did not read them as "this happens, what would you say?" He just made a statement and stared at me. One was " A woman is buying litter, and is undecided. Clump or non-clump" ..."just say anything." Then, "she buys the one brand." It was all over the place.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in May 2013.

I went online to fill out the application and go through a process of personality evaluations and simulations. Then I was called in, talked a bit with the manager, and they called me back for a drug test. That's when they gave me my shirt, had me work half a shift, and welcomed me aboard.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions seemed basic, and it was so long ago, I'm not sure I remember, honestly....   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in April 2013.

Was very easy. Was asked asked for a brief background and that was it, the rest of the the interview was explaining the hiring process and what the job would consist of if I were hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in December 2012.

Ask availability.

You cannot negotiate.

Stock Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Northport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Northport, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in April 2012.

They asked about previous work experience, what makes you a valuable candidate for the position, and why do you like working in a pet store ( Interview host said don't say because you like working with animals). This was somewhat of an easy interview.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in August 2010.

The interview was really nice. My boss was down to earth and cool about it and didn't make the questions feel like they were do or die. I got hired right away. I had a friend from high school that worked there so I had an in with him.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in June 2010.

i met one on one with the director of operations. he gave me a verbal list of what was required of the assistant manager which was the position that i had applied for. we then went through several pages of questions that dealt with company rules that he and initaled. at the end of the interview, he said i would receive a call within one week letting me know what the out come of the interview was. i did receive a call and i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • management has one long day each week. on long days the manager, or the assistant manager works the entire day,so that each of you can have a day off.. on these days, since you are the only manager in the store you can not leave the store that day. is this acceptable to you?   View Answer
    there wasn't one. there seems to be a base wage for all positions. there is cost of living increase every year.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

I applied for the job on Indeed.com they called me about two weeks after the initial application. I had to drive an hour one way to my interview and they wanted to interview me twice, even though the position I was interviewing for was filled before my second interview.
    The management was very disorganized and the store manager and district manager both told me different things. I had to wait 6 weeks after my second interview and interviewed closer to my home for the final interview. I was offered a job other than the one I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. I'm not really sure what they look for when they interview.   Answer Question
    They gave no opportunity to negotiate. I was told that I was being hired for a full-time position and that I would be making more than at my old job with the same title. They avoided any negotiations until after I was hired and I received and e-mail telling me that I would be making minimum wage. After I actually started work I found out that my job was not full-time either.