Pet Supplies Plus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Columbus, OH).

Interview

it was fairly informal. We met at an area restaurant and just talked about past job history and what the job duties would be. The interview was a mix a typical interview as well as just casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What did I like most/least from previous employer? Give an example of a time when a customer was upset and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

The manager told me the history of the company, then asked if I had any customer service experience and what my availability was. The entire process was maybe 10 minutes.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

Interview was very positive. Met with sm and dm at same time. Typical questions, a week later they offered me the position. We were in contact but I ultimately decided not to take it as I was offered another position

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be a good fit to work with pets, coming from a management background in other areas of retail?   1 Answer

Current employer offered me a better position

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by phone 2 days later for a face-to-face interview. The interview was short and laid back. They asked about my current job and what I did there. They asked about my knowledge of animals and what I would bring to their company.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who came in looking to change their dog's food.   Answer Question

Store Team Member Interview

Interview

This was my first ever job interview, so I have nothing to really compare it to. Since it was my first interview I was nervous and the manager worked with me a bit.

Interview Questions

• If someone walked into the store with their dog what would you tell them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Billerica, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

First I met the assistant manager that took me through some rolplaying as if he was a customer. It was all kinda neat and fun. The manager and assistant manager were both down to earth which made it easier to relax. They both had a good sense of humor. The place just felt like somewhere I would love to come in every day, it reminded me why I want a job like this in the first place. You could tell the people thier just loved animals. Somehow I believe that if a person can care for a smaller being it makes them more pleasent to be around.

Interview Questions

• We did a little rolplaying selling a customer litter   1 Answer
    • When was one time you went above and beyond for someone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in March 2015.

Interview

I applied and a few days later I was asked to fill out a "workstyles" profile which essentially was the same as a Myers-Briggs type personality profile. About a week after my initial application I was asked to do an interview, which went very well. I mostly talked about my cats.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pet Supplies Plus?   1 Answer

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled for a Friday morning at 11:00. After spending hours prepping. I anxiously awaited the call. Hours passed without a call, so I emailed the Manager who set up the call to ask if it needed to be rescheduled. I still haven't received even an email back from him after 2 weeks, so I refuse to ever interview with the company again.

Dog Groomer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus.

Interview

The interview overall seemed very professional. They will drug test & do a background check. I was interviewed in the back room where there was no table & there were only two chairs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took like 6 weeks to get an offer.. I had to call them several times. Keep on top of them to show that you are interested in the position.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was very short and simple. I get the feeling that they ask the same 5 questions to anyone applying, whether they be 16 or 60. Very general, "do you like animals?" "have you ever worked a register before?" "can you lift heavy bags of dog food?" etc. ***DRUG TEST ON THE SPOT***