PetSmart

Updated Oct 24, 2014

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Be prepared for at least two interviews. THe manager is using a interview guide. They are supposed to get you to role play on the sales floor. Do not go in and say how much you like puppies and kittens, you will not get hired. They want people that can SELL they want people that like pets. They do not want pet fanatics that are going to criticize every policy. They are looking for knowledge and sales.

Interview Questions
  • Tell them how much you like to see the company make money and how much you like to help people find solutions for their pets. Tell them how you want to grow with the company   View Answer
You are going to get what they can give. There is very little wiggle room. Upper management has to approve anything outside of guidelines and in the current PetSmart environment this will not happen. They wil simply make you an offer. Accept it or they will move on.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Associate Interview

Asked the manager if they were hiring and got two interviews right after that and got hired pretty much on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic and nothing you can't handle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hills, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hills, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2012.

Applied online and got a call about a month later. After getting the interview lined up the drug test took an additional 2 weeks to process. Despite the waiting the interview process was simple and easy. I suggest being yourself and not trying to answer questions the way you think the interviewer wants them to be answered.

Interview Questions
    Pretty simple, asked for what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2012.

online than a couple of face to face interviews to determine how more than one manager feels about your fit into the current work force and with the company values.

not much to negotiste

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in March 2010.

When I first applied for the job in 2010, I was called in about a month after I applied online and was interviewed for the position. I was asked about my positive attributes, my attitude, and my worst qualities. They also asked me about how I feel about animals and if I had pets. I got a call back within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is a negative quality that you have   View Answer
    I was hired at $9.10

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in January 2009.

do you have any animals

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to talk with someone who was upset or needed to be calmed down   Answer Question