PetSmart

2.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

It is almost impossible to prepare for this interview! I applied online and I had to call them to get an interview. I went in and the interview was really difficult. a lot were typical questions but they ask you to give a lot of scenario answers. If you do not have experience retailing to people and currently own a dog you are not going to have any idea what to say in this interview. they picked out a random item in the store and asked me to try to sell it. I was told the interview went really well and I was scheduled to come in for my second one the next day. the second one went over more scenarios like how would you comfort a dog owner who is unsure to leave there pet there. he had me talk to the salon manager too. they want people who want to become groomers so sell how much you want to be a groomer. If you don't really love dogs this is not the job for you. they told me you will get pooped on, peed on, possibly bit, and will be soaking wet and covered in hair all the time. I was told they would review my first interview and I should get a call in two days. three days have passed and I still haven't got a call and this is the second petsmart that has done this to me. I thought I did really well in the interview and I have no idea why I didn't an offer. they really make you jump through hoops for a job that isn't really that great and doesn't pay that well. I honestly just wanted them to send me to the grooming school for free

Interview Questions
  • I'm unsure to leave my pet in the salon, tell me how you would comfort me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

I arrived 15 minutes early and had to wait for one of the managers to come back to the store (apparently he had a late lunch break that day). When he arrived, we entered this very small room. He was very friendly and said he had called his saloon manager to join us to avoid having to get me to come back another day for a second interview. They were very laid back and made me feel super comfortable. Interview was very quick and took me about 15 minutes. They asked me questions related to sales as well as some to get to know me better, such as "describe the last time you learned something new". At the end, they just handed me the paper to take the drug test within the next 24 hs, I took the test and now I'm waiting for them to call me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2014.

I applied online for a groomer position. I got an email a week later saying I passed the "pre-assessment" test that I took online, and 3 days later I got a call from the Salon Manager to come in for an interview. I got there 20 mins early and walked around the store until about 10 till. I asked for the manager, and then went into an office where the interview was held. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my previous work experience. I explained that the only grooming experience I had was what I did on my own pomeranian. She explained that it would start out part time with pay between $8-$8.25 and it included bathing, nails, and ear cleaning, and that your "promotions" are based off how quickly and great you perform your duties. Then you go into a 4 week program where you will be trained by a certified groomer to become a groomer. . which will then be a full time position and pay was based on commission. :) I wouldnt suggest looking into this job unless it is something you are passionate about. I love dogs, and I am very excited. She handed me a drug test form, which I go take tomorrow, and she will receive it next week and call me to put me in the computer as an employee!!!! So Im pretty sure I have the job.

**They are looking for people who are mainly looking long time and are passionate about what they do. . so SELL yourself and how much you look forward to working with animals and on a team. :)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a little about myself and my previous work experience.   View Answer
    Offer not in stone yet but waiting on drug test results...........(:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Quick process. Got a call back a few days after i submitted the application. Did a quick phone call interview and then scheduled an in person interview. The interview was easy but thrown off by a few questions. Was then offered the job and had to take the drug test. When i was called back for the drug test results we scheduled a day for me to come in and sign some paperwork. Was officially hired and began online training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a grooming a dog that is fighting, biting, barking and possibly vomiting and defecating from fright?   Answer Question

Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I went in for my interview and they seemed to like me, but on the day of my second interview, one of the two interviewers was sick. The other one said it would be fine and proceeded anyway. I left thinking it went well. They said they'd call me back. On the day they said they'd call, they never did. So i called them. I was told to try on a different day. When I called on that day, they told me they were still reviewing applications, but they'd call me. Still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to pretend her energy drink was a dog shampoo and try to sell it to her.   Answer Question

Bather Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

I had 2 interviews. The first was extremely casual, I talked to the manager of the pet salon about random things, she didn't really ask me any interview-like questions. The second interview was a typical interview. The two hiring managers talked with me and asked questions like "tell me about yourself", "describe a time when you..." etc. After the interview was over, the manager said she would be glad to hire me and then said i had 48 hours to complete a drug test. I did so. After a week had passed, I called PetSmart to make sure they got the results, and they said they hadn't. I called back again and the hiring managers weren't there, but the manager at the time said he would let them know I called. Needless to say, they never called me back despite the fact that I passed my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in a hurry and a sales associate at the store helped you. What did you like about what the person did to help you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2014.

Applied online on wednesday and got call on Saturday and interviewed Monday.
    Basic Questions and How would you sale a leash to a customer.
    Did had to wait for 30 mins till interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were basic question of how my previous job was and how I handled things at my previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart.

Have to go through 2 interviews. Paid job training!

Interview Questions
    Work hard and you will get paid your worth

Bather Interview

interviewed at PetSmart in February 2014.

Applied online got called about a week later. Then was interested by two people.First was the salon manager after that was the store manager. The store manager is the difficult person to impress.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to try to sell them something. Theyll hand you a product whatever it might be. Its a way to test your sales abilities   View Answer

Bather Interview

Applied online. Called in for an interview. General easy questions.