PetSmart Bather Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Chino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I met with the salon manager. She asked me a couple of questions, like why petsmart? Hours of availability? Why did you leave your previous job?How do you feel about teams? How do you feel about multitasking? Name a policy you didnt agree with. What kind of pet do you own? What breed is it? Besides feeding your dog, what types of grooming do you do? How do you clip her nails if she resists?. I thought i did well answering her questions and we got to a bit more of a conversation. After the interview, she showed me around and told me about how everything works in the salon and introduced me to the workers by name. I was told that I would be contacted within a week for a second interview. I ended up getting a call the next day and met the store manager the following day. My interview with him felt rushed. We bonded over college because his son was looking into the school i attended. He jumped right in to the questions. His questions where more situational. He asked me questions like why do you want to work in petsmart? What would you tell a nervous customer who is bringing her puppy for the first time? Name a time when a customer got mad and you had to calm her down. Name a time when you disagreed with an authority figure. There were more questions asked but I dont remember them all. Any who, the manager said that he will call and let me know in the next few days. Just a note: the interview with the salon manager was easy but with the store manager, it was difficult

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?   1 Answer
  • Besides feeding your dog, what kind of grooming do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application. A few days later, I was called by the operations manager to come in for a "personality" interview. When I met him, he told me he doesn't ask typical interview questions. It was a fairly short interview. I showed up 15 minutes early, and we started right away. I was told at the start, "I can't teach you personality." I didn't get the job, so I guess I don't have personality according to him.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
    • In the past 18 months, what is an accomplishment you are proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was difficult to get after applying numerous times online, however, the interview was very easy and the employers were nice. Usually it is a 2-step process, but I got mine done all in the same day. They pretty much hired me on the spot, I just had to go give a sample at LabCorp. They are who messsed me up.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a certain product to a customer, especially if they are deciding between to different products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Abingdon, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

When they called me to schedule the interview they said 10:30. I showed up at 10:25 and they told me I was late. They were really nice, told me this was a better time anyway. I went back with the salon manager and she asked me questions before the operational manager came in to ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a team who works very independently?   1 Answer
    • I complain that my dog is very dry. Sell me a dog shampoo.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I went to the store in person to give them a copy of my resume. About a week later I got the interview request. The interview itself was very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed with both store managers and the head bather/groomer. Went into the bathing/kennel area to see the layout. Overall a pretty standard interview, took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with management and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When I got there the manger was at lunch so I had to wait. For ten min when she got there. She was friendly n nice. The interview was easy n calm. They went threw what It takes to be a bather what to expect n how to act. To tales to the manger n the assistant manager on the same day. I believe what got me the job was when I told them that I wanted to be a groomer. After that I was handed to job. I also did my job test the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do u feel about being bitten   1 Answer

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Big waste of time. I feel the interviewers main goal was to lure me away from the job as he kept telling me terrible stories that have happened to people and telling me he couldn't even last a full day back there. Also, told me the people to work with in the grooming salon were terrible. He even brought the salon manager and store manager in to tell me the exact same things. I kept being scrutinized on my size as he didn't think I would be strong enough to lift some of the dogs. The lack of professionalism turned me away from the job more than their gruesome stories or anything else. I am relieved I didn't get a call back!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got there 15 mins early and the interviewers seemed happy I was prompt. The interview was relaxed and only took about 15 mins. I was interviewed by the salon manager and the store manager together. They made me feel comfortable instead of nervous. I know the salon manager liked me, but the store manager was a little harder to read. I was told I will be contacted in the next week or two to let me know if I need to come in for the second interview. I am hopeful that the interview went well and I will get a job offer.

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was very easy. I got a call within a week of submitting my application and we scheduled an interview a few days later. There are two interviews, I had mine back to back. It went well enough that I was completely done in about half an hour. It was very easy, very brief, and all straight foward questions.

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Taylorsville, UT).

Interview

I received a call to go in for an interview. I sat with the salon and store manager for the interview and then I followed up on the interview and was asked to go in to start the hiring process. Took a drug test, passed, and then received some training.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • Looking for part time or full time work?   1 Answer
    • Asked how I felt about the "gross parts" of the job (cleaning anal glands, accidents, and fur)?   1 Answer
    • Asked if I'm afraid of anything (specific dog breeds)?   1 Answer
    • Asked what animals I have experience with and if it was only dogs?   1 Answer