PetSmart Bather Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application. A few days later, I was called by the operations manager to come in for a "personality" interview. When I met him, he told me he doesn't ask typical interview questions. It was a fairly short interview. I showed up 15 minutes early, and we started right away. I was told at the start, "I can't teach you personality." I didn't get the job, so I guess I don't have personality according to him.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
  • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
  • In the past 18 months, what is an accomplishment you are proud of?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Abingdon, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

When they called me to schedule the interview they said 10:30. I showed up at 10:25 and they told me I was late. They were really nice, told me this was a better time anyway. I went back with the salon manager and she asked me questions before the operational manager came in to ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a team who works very independently?   1 Answer
    • I complain that my dog is very dry. Sell me a dog shampoo.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I went to the store in person to give them a copy of my resume. About a week later I got the interview request. The interview itself was very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed with both store managers and the head bather/groomer. Went into the bathing/kennel area to see the layout. Overall a pretty standard interview, took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with management and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When I got there the manger was at lunch so I had to wait. For ten min when she got there. She was friendly n nice. The interview was easy n calm. They went threw what It takes to be a bather what to expect n how to act. To tales to the manger n the assistant manager on the same day. I believe what got me the job was when I told them that I wanted to be a groomer. After that I was handed to job. I also did my job test the same day.

Interview Questions

• How do u feel about being bitten   1 Answer

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Big waste of time. I feel the interviewers main goal was to lure me away from the job as he kept telling me terrible stories that have happened to people and telling me he couldn't even last a full day back there. Also, told me the people to work with in the grooming salon were terrible. He even brought the salon manager and store manager in to tell me the exact same things. I kept being scrutinized on my size as he didn't think I would be strong enough to lift some of the dogs. The lack of professionalism turned me away from the job more than their gruesome stories or anything else. I am relieved I didn't get a call back!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PetSmart (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got there 15 mins early and the interviewers seemed happy I was prompt. The interview was relaxed and only took about 15 mins. I was interviewed by the salon manager and the store manager together. They made me feel comfortable instead of nervous. I know the salon manager liked me, but the store manager was a little harder to read. I was told I will be contacted in the next week or two to let me know if I need to come in for the second interview. I am hopeful that the interview went well and I will get a job offer.

Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

It was very easy. I got a call within a week of submitting my application and we scheduled an interview a few days later. There are two interviews, I had mine back to back. It went well enough that I was completely done in about half an hour. It was very easy, very brief, and all straight foward questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PetSmart (Taylorsville, UT).

Interview

I received a call to go in for an interview. I sat with the salon and store manager for the interview and then I followed up on the interview and was asked to go in to start the hiring process. Took a drug test, passed, and then received some training.

Interview Questions

• Why PetSmart?   1 Answer
    • Looking for part time or full time work?   1 Answer
    • Asked how I felt about the "gross parts" of the job (cleaning anal glands, accidents, and fur)?   1 Answer
    • Asked if I'm afraid of anything (specific dog breeds)?   1 Answer
    • Asked what animals I have experience with and if it was only dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PetSmart (McKinney, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I arrived at my local petsmart for my interview at around 6pm and it was with the grooming salon manager. I was a little nervous but it went well and she was very nice and it was pretty simple easy questions like "why petsmart", "tell me about yourself" etc.
    They do warn you that is a fast pace job and not glamorous at all so if your not a BIG animal lover it's probably not for you. Once the interview was done she told me the store manager would call me in 1 to 2 weeks and he called me 3 days later saying he wanted me to come in for an interview with the next day. Everyone's nice and overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the other positions in the store why bather?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None needed

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart (Matteson, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online at an different location, but when you apply they ask you if you would like to apply to any surrounding locations which I did. A couple of hours later I got a call back from a different location asking me to come in for an interview that Saturday. It was cool because the location was way closer to my home, right up the street actually. On Saturday I arrived at my interview 10 minutes early. I went up to the cashier and told her that I was there for an interview with the Salon Manager. She pointed me to the grooming area and told me the salon manager was in there. I walked into the salon and she was grooming a dog at the time. I told her that I was scheduled to interview with her and she looked at me like I wasnt suppose to even be there. She told me to walk around the store for a couple of minutes which I did. I could tell she was busy so I didnt mind waiting, but I could also tell that this was going to be a rushed interview. As we sat down she looked over my resume, asked me my age and asked my why did I want to be a bather and do I have any pets? She asked me alot of tell me about a time questions and asked me at my previous jobs was I in charge of selling, I told her Yes! She asked me to sell a pencil she was holding. She then asked me my age again, which I thought was weird cause she wasnt that much older than me ( Im 22 by the way). Then commented on how many jobs Ive had (Which was 7 in 4 years) I explained to her that 3 of those jobs were seasonal and the other times I was working two at the same time. She kind of brushed me off like I was lying or something. I knew then that I wouldnt be getting anywhere with this interview and I just wanted to go home at this point. She finally ended it and told me "Well I have some other people to interview today and if we decide to go with you we shall give you a call. You can always call up here to check on the status of your application" As I walked out I was thinking to myself how is she interviewing other people when this location didnt even have any postings that they were hiring...but ultimately, I never received a call back.