PetSmart

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – Have to go through 2 interviews. Paid job training!

Interview Question – Why did you get fired from your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Work hard and you will get paid your worth

Bather

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Was called within a couple days for an interview. First interview was with the salon supervisor. Did the normal generic retail questions, and wanted to know my background history. Since it was a salon job, she asked if I could sell an add on. Then had me come up with something appropiate. She set up a second interview with me and the Assistant manager. The second interview was basically the same interview, but he discussed more of the benefits. Passed that, was set up with a final interview with the Manager. He went over all the same stuff, benefits, hours, and pay. Offered me the job on the spot and had me take a drug test that day.

Interview Question – Sell me an add on with a salon service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered minimum wage. I asked if I could maybe get a little higher since I have education and prior experience....they added a whole $.15. Said that "was all they could offer." Later came to find that they CAN offer more than that. :( (normally would have declined, but I just moved to the town, and needed ANYTHING i could get)

Interviewed at PetSmart

Interview Details – Applied online. Called in for an interview. General easy questions.

Loganville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

Interview Details – The manager of the Loganville PetSmart should really be ashamed of their employees. I arrived to my interview about 10 minutes early and was greeted by an employee. I told her why I was there and she told the office manager that I was interviewing with that I was there. She came back and told me that the manager said it would be about 15 minutes and to look around the store and she would come find me. So, I looked around the store for about 45 minutes to an hour and no one ever came to get me. Eventually, the employee who originally greeted me saw me and asked if the manager ever came and got me. I replied no and she went and informed the manager that I was still waiting. I saw the employee and the manager laughing and the employee came over and told me that she was ready. I walked into her office and she told me that she had forgotten about me. So, the interview starts and in the middle of me answering my first question, the phone rings and she answered it. She then leaves the room without saying anything and gets another employee to interview me. The employee was not prepared for the interview and barely asked any questions. The manager came in towards the end and messed around on her computer the whole time. Once it was over, the manager turned around and said she would inform me a few days later if they decided to hire me or not. I never received a call to inform me that I had not gotten the job.

Interview Question – Are you afraid of any dog breeds?   View Answer

Newnan, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – I applied over the internet and it took over two months. I was called in for an interview twice. The first time the manager who was supposed to interview me wasn't there because the manager who wrote my appointment down wrote it down wrong from what the other managers said. I had a quick interview by another manager. I never received a call back. The second time I was called in for an interview I was interviewed by the Grooming Manager. The manager who called me for the interview also gave me the wrong time to come in so I was about an hour and a half early.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected nor difficult questions. They simply want to know if you can multitask.   Answer Question

Bather

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2013.

Interview Details – i applied online and called the following day to talk to the manager i had a quick phone interview then she said she would call back about a week later .... and yet a week later i got a call for an interview went in it was a good friendly interview with the hiring manger she asked simple questions and institutional questions as well sense i was applying for bather i met with the grooming manager and walked around the store and offer services to her she was fun and great to interview with at the end i got a verbal offer and a paper to get my drug screening done that day and she told me to call her when i was done and then she would pull my paper work over i called and she said she would call me later that week i interviewed on wednesday she was off thursday i havent gotten a call back yet but it was the weekend so im not stressing it i went on on sat to give her my new number and she already had a file for me

Interview Question – um the most difficult was selling services i wasnt sure what they had but the managers agreed that it wasn't fair   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i walked into the back office and she had the drug screening papers printed out and asked that i called her right after i was done and that she would call me back and this was on Wednesday she was off Thursday she told me it was part time and min wage

Bather

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in two weeks after my application was submitted to be interviewed for a new store that hadn't opened yet. I was required to pass the drug test before I was interviewed. The interview was awkward because we were in a cramped clock-in room of the closest PetSmart location nearby where the new store would be. My future store manager interviewed me directly, then had the store manager of the hosting store interview me as well. They asked me to describe situations in which I had previously handles difficult customers, talkative customers, difficult dogs, etc. They asked me about my experiences and my aspirations. They were concerned primarily about my schedule compatibility. They were very impressed that I was wearing business attire.
Experiences will vary with different managers, but he was very understanding and genuine. I had been fired before and he took the time to let me explain and actually agreed with me when I said I'd been fired wrongfully and spoke at length with me about the matter rather than the usual "uh-huh..." that you'd get from most people.

Interview Question – Questions were normal. Directed at hypothetical situations, my availability and my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. We spent maybe 2 minutes at the end of the interview discussing the terms. I didn't negotiate. I was given $0.50 above minimum wage to begin with for a entry-level hourly job.

Coral Gables, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is very long. Apart from orientation, you have 3 more interviews with management. They love to know as much about you as possible, which is what was great! They don't really ask, how'd you learn about the company, they ask you to just briefly talk about yourself maybe some experiences in past jobs. They were very friendly and open to talk about themselves as well. It felt very welcoming.

Interview Question – Honestly, I didn't really get asked a difficult question. They asked about me, and those are the easiest questions there are!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They basically told me I got the job, and I gladly thanked them for the opportunity.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was with the store manager. Ask me all the basic questions like, why do you want to work for petsmart? explain a moment you had to help someone that was impatient, tell me your experience with animals, etc. And gave me a dogs vest and told me to sell it to him..
Then he showed me around the salon.. walked in and said hi to everyone.. he told everyone my name and said that I would like to become a bather and did anybody have any advice for me.. everybody gave me an awkward look :/

then went to the back of the salon where all the bathers were.. they didnt look so happy.. made me felt really uncomfortable..
he did mention to me in the very beginning of the interview that a bather job is one of the crappiest jobs and have high turn overs..
he wasnt trying to push me away he just thought he'd let me know what Im in getting myself into..

it very messy, wet, and if the dogs doesn't cooperate with cha, you may get BITE! :/

Interview Question – they were all simple basic questions.   Answer Question

Lake Charles, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview Details – The interview was more like a personal conversation with the Salon manager. My resume did most of the work, as it seemed she was ready to hire me before I walked in the door. Most of the questions had to do with my experiences with animals and my tolerance for a very messy, stinky, dangerous environment.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty standard. No real curve balls.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart Videos

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart Bather interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees and interview candidates.