PetSmart Bather Interview Questions & Reviews

22 interviews

2.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bather Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

I went in for my interview and they seemed to like me, but on the day of my second interview, one of the two interviewers was sick. The other one said it would be fine and proceeded anyway. I left thinking it went well. They said they'd call me back. On the day they said they'd call, they never did. So i called them. I was told to try on a different day. When I called on that day, they told me they were still reviewing applications, but they'd call me. Still waiting.

Interview Questions
  • One of the interviewers asked me to pretend her energy drink was a dog shampoo and try to sell it to her.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Bather Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

I had 2 interviews. The first was extremely casual, I talked to the manager of the pet salon about random things, she didn't really ask me any interview-like questions. The second interview was a typical interview. The two hiring managers talked with me and asked questions like "tell me about yourself", "describe a time when you..." etc. After the interview was over, the manager said she would be glad to hire me and then said i had 48 hours to complete a drug test. I did so. After a week had passed, I called PetSmart to make sure they got the results, and they said they hadn't. I called back again and the hiring managers weren't there, but the manager at the time said he would let them know I called. Needless to say, they never called me back despite the fact that I passed my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in a hurry and a sales associate at the store helped you. What did you like about what the person did to help you?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2014.

Applied online on wednesday and got call on Saturday and interviewed Monday.
    Basic Questions and How would you sale a leash to a customer.
    Did had to wait for 30 mins till interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were basic question of how my previous job was and how I handled things at my previous job.   Answer Question

Bather Interview

interviewed at PetSmart in February 2014.

Applied online got called about a week later. Then was interested by two people.First was the salon manager after that was the store manager. The store manager is the difficult person to impress.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to try to sell them something. Theyll hand you a product whatever it might be. Its a way to test your sales abilities   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart.

Have to go through 2 interviews. Paid job training!

Interview Questions
    Work hard and you will get paid your worth

Bather Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

Filled out application online. Was called within a couple days for an interview. First interview was with the salon supervisor. Did the normal generic retail questions, and wanted to know my background history. Since it was a salon job, she asked if I could sell an add on. Then had me come up with something appropiate. She set up a second interview with me and the Assistant manager. The second interview was basically the same interview, but he discussed more of the benefits. Passed that, was set up with a final interview with the Manager. He went over all the same stuff, benefits, hours, and pay. Offered me the job on the spot and had me take a drug test that day.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an add on with a salon service.   View Answer
    Offered minimum wage. I asked if I could maybe get a little higher since I have education and prior experience....they added a whole $.15. Said that "was all they could offer." Later came to find that they CAN offer more than that. :( (normally would have declined, but I just moved to the town, and needed ANYTHING i could get)

Bather Interview

Applied online. Called in for an interview. General easy questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Loganville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Loganville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

The manager of the Loganville PetSmart should really be ashamed of their employees. I arrived to my interview about 10 minutes early and was greeted by an employee. I told her why I was there and she told the office manager that I was interviewing with that I was there. She came back and told me that the manager said it would be about 15 minutes and to look around the store and she would come find me. So, I looked around the store for about 45 minutes to an hour and no one ever came to get me. Eventually, the employee who originally greeted me saw me and asked if the manager ever came and got me. I replied no and she went and informed the manager that I was still waiting. I saw the employee and the manager laughing and the employee came over and told me that she was ready. I walked into her office and she told me that she had forgotten about me. So, the interview starts and in the middle of me answering my first question, the phone rings and she answered it. She then leaves the room without saying anything and gets another employee to interview me. The employee was not prepared for the interview and barely asked any questions. The manager came in towards the end and messed around on her computer the whole time. Once it was over, the manager turned around and said she would inform me a few days later if they decided to hire me or not. I never received a call to inform me that I had not gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at PetSmart.

I applied over the internet and it took over two months. I was called in for an interview twice. The first time the manager who was supposed to interview me wasn't there because the manager who wrote my appointment down wrote it down wrong from what the other managers said. I had a quick interview by another manager. I never received a call back. The second time I was called in for an interview I was interviewed by the Grooming Manager. The manager who called me for the interview also gave me the wrong time to come in so I was about an hour and a half early.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected nor difficult questions. They simply want to know if you can multitask.   Answer Question

Bather Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2013.

i applied online and called the following day to talk to the manager i had a quick phone interview then she said she would call back about a week later .... and yet a week later i got a call for an interview went in it was a good friendly interview with the hiring manger she asked simple questions and institutional questions as well sense i was applying for bather i met with the grooming manager and walked around the store and offer services to her she was fun and great to interview with at the end i got a verbal offer and a paper to get my drug screening done that day and she told me to call her when i was done and then she would pull my paper work over i called and she said she would call me later that week i interviewed on wednesday she was off thursday i havent gotten a call back yet but it was the weekend so im not stressing it i went on on sat to give her my new number and she already had a file for me

Interview Questions
    • um the most difficult was selling services i wasnt sure what they had but the managers agreed that it wasn't fair   Answer Question
    i walked into the back office and she had the drug screening papers printed out and asked that i called her right after i was done and that she would call me back and this was on Wednesday she was off Thursday she told me it was part time and min wage

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!