PetSmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Easy stuff. Walked in sat down with two managers. They asked simple basic interview questions. After interview I was contacted immediately and offered job. One of the easiest interviews I have ever been involved in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Mechanicsburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

My interview took maybe 10 minutes. I was interviewed by one person and she was very friendly and down to earth. The questions weren't difficult. Mainly asked why I wanted to work there, if I had pets, some situational questions, etc. Got hired on the spot. I applied to be cashier but since I have owned many different types of animals in the past so she also suggested pet care. She liked that I had a lot of experience with animals and I made sure to include that I really love animals. Dress nice and be super friendly to make a good first impression. Took the drug test within the same day I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?   Answer Question
    • What did you do in a situation where you didn't know the answer to something?   Answer Question
    • When was there a situation where you had to use teamwork to complete a task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the insistence of a friend who worked for that specific location. 3 days later i got a call for an interview . When I walked in I asked one of the employees for her , they were all very friendly i went in sat down with one of the managers ( theres like 15 different managers) . She was very sweet , and i didnt feel pressured or anxious at all during the interview . she spoke a lot, not only about the company but about her time with them and her move from another company (similar to Petsmart). She was very informed about the goings-on and I really liked speaking to her . When i applied online I had open availability because I was unemployed, but by the time i went in i already had a job and this was just a second job, which didnt seem to matter ( sometimes employers dont like that ) she was still really considerate and tried to work out a schedule me around my other job and working with my schedule. She told me that she'd call me in a few days to do the Drug Test, which she did.

Interview Questions

• Simple regular questions like other places - Tell me about yourself -   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Like most any other interview. Nothing abnormal or out of the ordinary. I was disappointed though and here is why. I went in for an initial interview, a department manager interviewed me. The pro was she was kind, sweet and genuine. We talked alot and I felt we genuinely got along. I felt I answered all of her questions beyond satisfactory. Yet, the interview was lengthy and extensive. Because of the rapport I felt we built, and how well I felt I did in the interview I was quite disappointed when she told me that she was going to set up a second interview with the store manager. I'm getting really tired of going through these extensive interviews for these entry level, no brained jobs, makes no sense to me.....get over yourselves!!!! Then I did the second interview A WEEK LATER and just like the first interview, I nailed it. Yet I wasn't hired.......

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Starts with a group interview with store leader and hiring manager. 4 candidates answer the same questions as they look for certain qualities. Had us do a skit to demonstrate our selling tactics and techniques.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

You sit down in front of a panel of people where they ask you what types of pets you have and to describe situations you've been in and explain how you handled them. After the interview they ask you to walk around the store where they will either decline you or give you paperwork for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when someone needed your help and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The manager didn't show for first interview I was asked to come back a few hours later and at that time he was on a conference call asked to come back again in the morning. At that time I was told it was 3 4 hour shifts a week at 8.00.

Interview Questions

• Am I afraid of animals What kind of pets I had What would you need to set up a reptiles tank What kind of dog food would I recommend   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied online and had a call back for the first interview phase with 4 days. Met with manager and also pet care manager, passed that interview and met with assistant manager the next day. Passed that and did the drug test, after that was completed I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation/irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. The pay grades are fairly set across the board.

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after I applied and asked me to come in a few days later to be interviewed. When I arrived there were seven other candidates waiting, and one interviewer joined us shortly after. It was a fairly easygoing interview - quite conversational (interviewer was very friendly). Each of us were asked four or five questions. The whole thing took 45 minutes maximum. I was happy for the opportunity for interview practice, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it was clear that they were looking for someone with considerable retail experience, and that wasn't in my background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bel Air, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Took about 20 minutes. In and out. Easy questions, with a very personable manager. Great interview experience. Didn't descriminate at all about my job gap or lack of license. Process pushed me right through. I was answered honestly and in full. I was accepted for a second interview, which was just turned into a drug test, the whole process took only a few weeks. I was quickly responded to.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working with all kinds of animals?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with any managers? If so how did you resolve your disagreement?   Answer Question