PetSmart

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward. A lot of "what would you do if..." or "explain a time where...". Petsmart will typically let you know if you're hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What should happen to people who steal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As my second job, I had to take what they offered which was a little over minimum wage in California

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews with separate managers.
Basic questions, essentially how can you be an asset to the company.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a conflict with someone of superior status (manager,supervisor,etc.)   Answer Question

Fayetteville, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in May 2012.

Interview Details – This interview was for a new location, so the interviews were held at a local hotel. The interviewer was very nice and asked a few questions, mostly situational based. She also asked me a few times if I had any questions for her. This was my first ever interview and I choked on one of the questions which I think lost me the job. Overall though it was a good interview process, the interviewer did her best to make me feel comfortable and edge me in the right direction for answering her questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an unusually difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you disagreed with an authority figure, and what you did about it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview. Interviewed with one manager. Came back the next day and interviewed with the store manager. Given a drug test. Then given a start date.

Interview Question – What would you say your biggest flaw was at your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation room but was promised quick raises.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, I received a call from the manager 2 days later, I was asked a few questions over the phone, We scheduled a 1:1 interview. During the interview the questions were mostly about my last job and situational questions. I was called in 4 days later for a second interview with the regional manager. Those questions were also situational questions about working with people and animals. 5 Days later I received a call that my background check came out fine and I needed to submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Very Easy Interview

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and followed up with coming in to meet with the manager and introduce myself. Was called for an interview and got the job. I had to take a drug test, passed, and then a few days later started. I was returning customer and was familiar with the store layout which made helping customers a lot easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. Not sure if they would change if someone had more experience but their base hourly pay starts at $9.00 in Ca. which is more than minimum wage.

Midland, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard from a manager within a week. Two overall interviews, both 1:1 with two different managers. Was asked to take a drug test and was called in that following week to start.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an unusually difficult customer and if so, how did you handle the situation?   View Answer
  • Why Petsmart?   View Answer

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online to Petsmart. I was called within a week of applying and asked to come in for a 1 on 1 intervew. I arrived to the interview 15 minutes early and was taken in 10 minutes late. When I got to the interviewer's office I was asked to wait again while he waited for a co worker to get off the phone so the office would be free. As the interveiwer was asking me quuestions he did not make eye contact with me. He was zipping through questions on a sheet and barely acknowledging that I had answered. Then he answered the phone in the middle of the interview without apologizing. H had a five minute conversation while I waited breaking up the flow of the interview. I was very unimpressed with his rudness and hope that he does not treat customers the way that he treated me. On the way out he did not shake my hand.

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview I have to say it was pretty straight-forward and easy, the store manager which was the one who did the interview was really nice and carefully explained to me the position that the job consist of and she also introduce herself very well, the interview overall was easy and asked the usual questions.
she talked to me like I already had the job and seemed like she really liked me but I never got called back or anything I think it's because I never really called back to check what was going on, so I think that was the problem
overall I had a good experience pretty easygoing and relaxed.

Leominster, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in February 2011.

Interview Details – First the interview was held in the back room and it was very steamy and stuffy. I answered 10 questions and the Operations Manager seemed very disinterested in me.

Interview Question – Please sell this disposable cat litter tray?   View Answer