PetSmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call to interview within the next few days. I was asked questions about my previous experience in retail, my experience with animals, and why I applied to PetSmart specifically. The interview also consisted of an impromptu creative test in which I was asked to find a dog toy to match the manager's request (the manager pretended to be a customer).

Interview Question – Asked what made PetSmart special (e.g., vs PetCo), also asked to retrieve a dog toy.   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Pet Care Specialist
Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – You go in for one interview, then interview again with store manager. Then you go out for a drug test if they plan to hire you.

Interview Question – They asked about which policy I didn't want to be in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2008.

Interview Details – The application is, of course, online. If they're hiring, you should hear from them within two weeks of applying. When you get called in, you at first just walk around the store. They then call you to the front on the intercom, and then you go to the breakroom with a bunch of other interviewees. As a group, you watch a company video and hear about the company from a manager. You are then interviewed one on one with a manager outside of the breakroom, walking around the store.

Interview Question – Questions were easy. In fact, the most "difficult" was just the standard: Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Pet Care Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on line and then tailored my resume to the position. I dressed well and stopped by the store and asked to meet with the Pet Care manager. I gave her my resume and in a sentence or two told her my credentials because she was busy. Less than a week later I was called in to interview with the Pet Care manager and then the Ops manager. I was scheduled to come back in to interview with the store manager. After speaking with him for about 15 minutes, I was given paperwork for a drug test and signed consent to background check. It was all pretty standard. As soon as the drug test and back ground screen I started the training process -- 2 weeks shadowing petcare associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do? Were you able to resolve the issue.   View Answer
  • Tell me about your past experience with pets. Which animals do you know best.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No not at that level. It does not pay very well. I starting at $8.50/hr. But the work with the pets is rewarding.

Assistant Manager Petshotel Interview

West Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in June 2011.

Interview Details – I went in for the first interview and I feel it went very well. They immediately scheduled me for the second interview. I feel the second interview went well also. Then they said they would give me a call with information on when I would start, and they never called.

Bather Interview

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had a first interview with the salon manager and the 2nd with the store manager. Neither asked many questions. The store manager complained to me that the salon manager didn't ask me all the questions on the list. I didn't even go in the salon before I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Asked about helping customers in other jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more, I didn't.

Very Easy Interview

Bather Interview

Evanston, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PetSmart in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was really easy. I was asked only a few questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Niles, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PetSmart in April 2009.

Interview Details – went for group meeting and watched video. then scheduled one to one interview. asked few scenario questions like what would u do if u caught a co-worker stealing. and name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help another co-worker and describe what happened. was pretty smooth process and manager interviewed me was really nice. like the job alot because i love pets.

Interview Question – name a time u did something to help out a fellow coworker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – high-ball em

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart Videos

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees and interview candidates.