PetSmart

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in December 2014.

Applied online at an different location, but when you apply they ask you if you would like to apply to any surrounding locations which I did. A couple of hours later I got a call back from a different location asking me to come in for an interview that Saturday. It was cool because the location was way closer to my home, right up the street actually. On Saturday I arrived at my interview 10 minutes early. I went up to the cashier and told her that I was there for an interview with the Salon Manager. She pointed me to the grooming area and told me the salon manager was in there. I walked into the salon and she was grooming a dog at the time. I told her that I was scheduled to interview with her and she looked at me like I wasnt suppose to even be there. She told me to walk around the store for a couple of minutes which I did. I could tell she was busy so I didnt mind waiting, but I could also tell that this was going to be a rushed interview. As we sat down she looked over my resume, asked me my age and asked my why did I want to be a bather and do I have any pets? She asked me alot of tell me about a time questions and asked me at my previous jobs was I in charge of selling, I told her Yes! She asked me to sell a pencil she was holding. She then asked me my age again, which I thought was weird cause she wasnt that much older than me ( Im 22 by the way). Then commented on how many jobs Ive had (Which was 7 in 4 years) I explained to her that 3 of those jobs were seasonal and the other times I was working two at the same time. She kind of brushed me off like I was lying or something. I knew then that I wouldnt be getting anywhere with this interview and I just wanted to go home at this point. She finally ended it and told me "Well I have some other people to interview today and if we decide to go with you we shall give you a call. You can always call up here to check on the status of your application" As I walked out I was thinking to myself how is she interviewing other people when this location didnt even have any postings that they were hiring...but ultimately, I never received a call back.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in August 2013.

You go in for one interview, then interview again with store manager. Then you go out for a drug test if they plan to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about which policy I didn't want to be in place.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation

Assistant Manager Petshotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in June 2011.

I went in for the first interview and I feel it went very well. They immediately scheduled me for the second interview. I feel the second interview went well also. Then they said they would give me a call with information on when I would start, and they never called.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your previous employer?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for petsmart?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2011.

I received a call to interview within the next few days. I was asked questions about my previous experience in retail, my experience with animals, and why I applied to PetSmart specifically. The interview also consisted of an impromptu creative test in which I was asked to find a dog toy to match the manager's request (the manager pretended to be a customer).

Interview Questions
    • Asked what made PetSmart special (e.g., vs PetCo), also asked to retrieve a dog toy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2010.

It was really easy. I was asked only a few questions.

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in October 2009.

I applied on line and then tailored my resume to the position. I dressed well and stopped by the store and asked to meet with the Pet Care manager. I gave her my resume and in a sentence or two told her my credentials because she was busy. Less than a week later I was called in to interview with the Pet Care manager and then the Ops manager. I was scheduled to come back in to interview with the store manager. After speaking with him for about 15 minutes, I was given paperwork for a drug test and signed consent to background check. It was all pretty standard. As soon as the drug test and back ground screen I started the training process -- 2 weeks shadowing petcare associates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do? Were you able to resolve the issue.   View Answer
    • Tell me about your past experience with pets. Which animals do you know best.   View Answer
    No not at that level. It does not pay very well. I starting at $8.50/hr. But the work with the pets is rewarding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PetSmart in September 2009.

I had a first interview with the salon manager and the 2nd with the store manager. Neither asked many questions. The store manager complained to me that the salon manager didn't ask me all the questions on the list. I didn't even go in the salon before I was offered the job.

Ask for more, I didn't.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2009.

went for group meeting and watched video. then scheduled one to one interview. asked few scenario questions like what would u do if u caught a co-worker stealing. and name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help another co-worker and describe what happened. was pretty smooth process and manager interviewed me was really nice. like the job alot because i love pets.

Interview Questions
    • name a time u did something to help out a fellow coworker   View Answer
    high-ball em

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PetSmart in April 2008.

The application is, of course, online. If they're hiring, you should hear from them within two weeks of applying. When you get called in, you at first just walk around the store. They then call you to the front on the intercom, and then you go to the breakroom with a bunch of other interviewees. As a group, you watch a company video and hear about the company from a manager. You are then interviewed one on one with a manager outside of the breakroom, walking around the store.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. In fact, the most "difficult" was just the standard: Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    No negotiation.