PetSmart Early Morning Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.1

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Had a short interview. Clearly this position doesn't obtain many prospectors. Basic review of past work. Sent off for a drug test after the interview. Started work about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were off the table. Had to take the 9.14 that was offered or walk.

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Jupiter, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Very informal. I applied online and was called back the next day to set up an interview. The interview was set for the following day. Came dressed in shorts and a nice blouse and was asked to walk around for a minute before being called back. Questions were easy and it was a very relaxed environment. Left that interview and the next day I was called for a second interview for the following day. Same thing happened when I got to PetSmart, had my interview with the Store Manager who was SO nice. At the end of the interview he told me that I was hired and all I had to do was go take a drug test that day. Handed me a packet of papers and sent me to Labcorp across town. Today is the 3rd day after my drug test and I'm waiting on the call.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob. I received a call from the Stock manager about two weeks later asking for an interview the next day. I arrived ten minutes early and was asked to walk the store a little bit because one of the cashiers was late. After ten or so minutes the manager came and got me. We went into a back office and began the interview.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager and she asked me questions like do I have any pets am I a scared of any common pets people own or that they sale in the store.

Negotiation

none

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview with the operations manager and It went very well, and he scheduled me for another interview with the manager I would be working with. This interview went decent, not as good as I would have hoped but I felt as if I did okay. She told me that her and the operations manager would discuss my answers and give me a call when they have come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was a time when I had a problem with management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Largo, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the store manager and was asked about my past experience, my customer service experience, then was presented with a customer scenario. Then I was taken on a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to help a difficult customer   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for an Early Morning Stocker position and within a few days I received a call to set up for an interview at 4:30 AM. Yes, that early. Wasn't really informed on how to get into the store so I just stood outside until someone saw me. The interview seemed like it was long but it was only 10 minutes. Questions were mainly behavioral. Two or three more people were waiting for an interview when I was leaving. The manager informed me that he had a few more interviews and stated that he would call that weekend to inform me whether I would go through for a second interview. I did receive and call and was told that the company decided to move in a different direction. I appreciated the call even though they didn't offer me a position. This was really the first time I've received a call back even if It was just to inform me that I wasn't hired, which is good because there has been many times where I was stressing about whether I was hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had an issue with someone who was in authority and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How do you react to company policies that you do not agree with?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself motivated throughout the day?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is being extremely difficult and rude?   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in September 2012.

Interview

A new store was opening near me so I put in an application. About a week later I got a call inviting me to an interview the next day at a nearby hotel. I answered the usual behavioral question and I was offered a job on the spot and went for a drug test the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had someone try something new and how did it go? A customer comes in and wants four comets for a ten gallon tank what do you tell them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was based on my experience, there was no negotiation.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online, three days later I got a call to come in the next day for the interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and talked to one of the managers. He asked me the normal, describe your self, are you committed and ect. He then took me to the back of the stock room and showed me around. He asked if i was really willing to commit to coming in at 5am till around 12 or 1pm. I called the next hour and said I would except and go do the drug test. They have a no visible tattoo policy; I have tattoos on my fore arms. I asked him if this would be a problem, he just said you would have to wear long sleeves.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made the mistake and put $8/hr, i should have put in $10 and then negotiate. I got the $8/hr by the way.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2010.

Interview

I was called and they set up an interview for me.I interviewed with two managers. They seemed irritated by me being there. The interview was in a super small office that the three of us could barely fit in. They told me that if they wanted a second interview they'd call me in a few days. They also said if I accepted the pay would be $7.50 and start at 15 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• If you take this job you will be paid $7.50 an hour is that okay with you?   1 Answer